Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? (900 Views)

Hello Wapmasters Please You Guys Should Check Out This Site {wat Do U Tink??} / Get Adsense Approved For Non Hosted Website Easily / This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by afrobaby(f): 1:22pm On Oct 27, 2010
I want professionals and upcoming webdesigners like myself to help check out this website, I just finished designin it.
Constructive criticism, recommendations, complaints etc are welcome. Like I said, this is my very first.
Thank you
www.hisyst.com
http://hisyst.com
Re: My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2010
Better than my first.

Good point is that it is cross browser(Looks same on all browsers)

Bad point is the design is not proffesional. Which of course is because you are a beginner. And this shows you have a great future, as many guys who claim to be proffesionals can't design something like this!

Here are things to work on next.

Let you links be at the top, i think surfers prefer that way.

Let there be a footer, below, holding your copyright and info like site designed by Afrobaby!

The image close to where you have text is too close to the text.

Your message field's height and width should be longer.

Lastly. Try looking at and playing with templates.

That will make you understand design patterns
Re: My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by Slyr0x: 1:51pm On Oct 27, 2010
Looks quite simple wv an easy-to-use interface. Lyk Donpuzo suggested, the links shld be at the top. Also, Whtsup wv your search button?

I assume ure Kemi, ryt? (its part of the review) wink
Re: My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by Youngichou(m): 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2010
Don puzo has said it all
You need a footer very important.
the website logo image is too close to the text
change the text font to something like comic sans ms or helvetical or verdana. bcuz these fonts are not easily readable
arrange the image close to the text give an aligning like the news papers where the first letter appear bold and big and others small
that's all its better than my first i must confess
Re: My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2010
@Sly. Don't even go there.

*DHTML will kill you! A word is enough for a wise!
Re: My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by Slyr0x: 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2010
Donpuzo:

@Sly, *DHTML will kill you! A word is enough for a wise!

Bro na Jython iDey learn at the moment no be Dhtml. wink
Re: My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by yawatide(f): 3:03pm On Oct 27, 2010
The "norms" of the past is an ever-changing thing - the "you must have a footer" is not always the case. Besides, IMHO it doesn't affect the overall usabilty of the site. Here are a few things that do:

1) Your pages are not consistent: The green band is all the way down the right side on the home page but not on the other pages
2) Why have "contact us" twice, in the green band on the home page?
3) On contact page, the google (or whatever) map is cut. What if I am coming from the south? How do I know where to turn?
4) Careers page: submit cv is not working
5) It is hard to read the "systems" in the logo
6) Nav bar on right side: it would be nice if yo have the light green stuff when the page is active to span the whole area instead of what you have now
7) Learn to optimize your images
cool On contact page, you say, "thank you for visiting site. We are ready to take your enquiries". Where exactly are you taking these enquiries, cos I don't see it.
Re: My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by afrobaby(f): 4:45pm On Oct 27, 2010
Thx all, my head is actually swelling, ori mi n wu, lol
I will make the necessary adjustments and let u know when am done.
Once again thx, u make me proud really
Re: My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2010
---
Re: My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by Cactus(m): 6:21pm On Oct 27, 2010
eh eh eh eh,

Your head is swelling. Dont let it get to you. Be humble and keep learning.

Re: My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 28, 2010
Re: My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 28, 2010
@Chaircover. It's very bad that tout called bot ate it.\

Though i read it, by hitting your profile and viewing your past posts, guess she could do the same!

Go Girl! grin
Re: My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by afrobaby(f): 3:18pm On Oct 28, 2010
@chaircover, thx,
From Chaircover
@Afrobaby well done. It takes courage to ask people to review work, especially a first.

I know you specifically asked for webdesigners to revew this, I am a software tester, so if you dont mind, I will come in from another angle.

I am not looking at design but functionalty, usability & content.

Site wide - There are a number of typos & gramatical errors on the pages.

Contact us - The google maps under the contact us tab does not work.

Contact us - You may also want to hyperlink those contact Email addresses

Careers - The Submit button does not work in the upload CV function

Contact us (Homepage) - The user enters their Email address & message but on clicking on "submit" the user is taken to their mail application, but the message they typed in the "message field" hasnt been carried accross

Homeapge - The bulk SMS link does not work

I beleive someone has looked at this site on other browsers, so I wont repeat that test.

All in all I think it is a good site, easy to navigate, simple to use and not too busy.

Go Girl
Re: My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by afrobaby(f): 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2010
@all, I must say , am so glad, and encouraged, i will actually work on those areas, I just wanted to have something up and running
@Cactus, how is PH?
As regards submitting CV, ofcourse I dont need dat for now, dats why I didnt work on it really
I will add footer later
Re: My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? by chinexex(m): 2:02pm On Dec 06, 2010
i suggest you put some google ads on them to make some money

(1) (Reply)

Very Vert Very Urgent Please / The HR Tag / Web Developer Needed On Contract Basis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.