Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:53 PM

Many Questions - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Many Questions (869 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Questions by Knownpal(m): 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
1. Android is an Operating System, so I wanna ask these, can android app be programmed in Java and C++??
2. Are we converting C++ codes into Java, If so, How?
3. And does android programming belongs to Java? 4. Can C++ be used in web development, if so How?
5. Why PHP when there is Java applet?
According to "Head First : No Dumb Questions!" I would have use google but humans are developer of google so I ask the humans. Thanks in advance.
Re: Many Questions by Javanian: 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
Known_pal: 1. Android is an Operating System, so I wanna ask these, can android app be programmed in Java and C++?? 2. Are we converting C++ codes into Java, If so, How?

Java is the basic language used for native android apps but according to google The NDK is a toolset that allows you to implement parts of your app using native-code languages such as C and C++. For certain types of apps, this can be helpful so you can reuse existing code libraries written in these languages, but most apps do not need the Android NDK.

Apart from this there are still other frameworks like mosync that enable one to build an Android app with C++ but it wont be a native app and would lack a lot of features a naive would have.

3. And does android programming belongs to Java?

I don't really get this question but Android programming doesn't 'belong' to Java.

4. Can C++ be used in web development, if so How?

It is possible but not a norm nowadays. I believe because it lacks libraries and it would be an overkill to use a language as powerful as c++ for a web app as availability of frameworks will supersede execution speed most of the time for web apps but there is a C++ webtoolkit WT that makes it possible, haven't tried it so i can't say much about it.

5. Why PHP when there is Java applet?

PHP is a server side language while Java applet is a client side technology. They are two different things.

PHP is in the same line with JSP (Java server pages), Servlets, Scala and so on..

Java Applet is in the same line with Adobe flash, Adobe Flex, Microsoft Silverlight and so on.. They are used for creating RIA (Rich Internet Applications)

2 Likes

Re: Many Questions by Knownpal(m): 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
Thanks it's helpful. You've put a good judgement to my questions. Thanks.

Does this family of languages go together in order to be a good System Analyst/software/web designer and developer?

HTML
CSS
AJAX
C++
JAVA
JAVASCRIPT
PHP
MYSQL
JQuery

If there are more, please add.
Re: Many Questions by youngestpr(m): 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
HTML + CSS = important and fundamental
javascript + jquery = perform the same functions, javascript is the foundation though.
JAVA + PHP + C++ = You may not have to learn the 3 languages, one might just be enough for you.
AJAX = this is not really a language, it is a concept, for example object oriented programming is also a concept. AJAX means Asynchronous JavaScript and XML.
I hope I have answered your question.
Re: Many Questions by fattbabakay(m): 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
HTML and CSS are not really programming languages or so to say,dey re just the basics u need to know... As per others,I'll agree with d poster above me.

(1) (Reply)

Codecli.com Lets You Code On Mobile Phones And When There Is No Code Editor. / Internet-enabled Desktop Applications / How To Get Data From A Website And Make Use Of It In Your Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.