Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

'Harry Potter' Play Coming to British Stage - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Harry Potter' Play Coming to British Stage (603 Views)

Alan Rickman (Severus Snape), Harry Potter Actor, Dies Aged 69 / Photo: Nollywood At It Again' COMING TO AMERICA' Nigeria Version / 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'Harry Potter' Play Coming to British Stage by twosquare(m): 7:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
There's some magic coming to a British
stage.

Author J.K. Rowling has announced she is
developing a play based on her "Harry Potter"
stories. According to her website, Rowling is
working in collaboration with award-winning
producers Sonia Friedman and Colin Callender on the project."

Over the years I have received countless
approaches about turning Harry Potter into a
theatrical production, but Sonia and Colin's vision was the only one that really made sense to me, and which had the sensitivity, intensity and intimacy I thought appropriate for bringing
Harry's story to the stage," Rowling said in a
statement.

"After a year in gestation it is exciting to see this project moving on to the next phase. I'd like to thank Warner Bros. for their continuing support in this project."
Warner Bros. is owned by CNN's parent company, Time Warner.

Rowling will reportedly be a producer of the play and work with a writer, but she will not be writing the play. The story will follow Potter in his early years as an orphan.Directors and writers for the play, which will go into development in 2014, are currently being considered.

[url][/url] http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/20/showbiz/harry-potter-rowling-play/index.html?sr=fb122113harrypotter11a

(1) (Reply)

Half Of A Yellow Sun Has Finally Been Approved By Censorship Board / English National Opera’s ‘PETER GRIMES’ Comes To Nigeria! / What Brand Of Nollywood Was/is Ur Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.