Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread (1026069 Views)

Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 / 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 04, 2014
Quatermaine: Maths, Eng, Chem, Phy, Bio, F/maths.. If you have atleast a C in all these subjects, my bro you are good to go.
Thanx lots, iv gt ma result 4 waec a1 maths b3 fmaths ,d rest are nt below c6
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by ejim4christ(m): 7:21am On Jan 04, 2014
Pls someone help me out,I have this subjects in my waec:Eng,math,phys,bio,agric,econs.others were absent,what course can I do favorably with dis subj?
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by naijaboiy: 7:29am On Jan 04, 2014
Good thread!!!
Got admitted last year into this GREAT CITADEL of LEARNING...
Any aspirant going for law can ask of anything,concerning Jamb and Putme.
CHEERS!!!
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Romanticboy1(m): 7:46am On Jan 04, 2014
ejim4christ: Pls someone help me out,I have this subjects in my waec:Eng,math,phys,bio,agric,econs.others were absent,what course can I do favorably with dis subj?
;
;1st of all,are you a social or science student?
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Miscellaneous(m): 7:51am On Jan 04, 2014
Romanticboy1:
;

He is a science guy from his subject combo.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Miscellaneous(m): 7:54am On Jan 04, 2014
ejim4christ: Pls someone help me out,I have this subjects in my waec:Eng,math,phys,bio,agric,econs.others were absent,what course can I do favorably with dis subj?

are you sure you didnt make chemistry ? This is kinda tough for you since there is no chemistry. Nothing bro. . .
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by tosinisrael5678(m): 8:00am On Jan 04, 2014
Plz sm1 help me..am 4rm ekiti...and am going 4 electrical engineering..bt i got c6(physics) in ma ssce...hope i gat no problem?
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Miscellaneous(m): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2014
nemayoung: Nice thread,its a good one for 2014.... Pls hw can one get utme past questn for ACCOUNTING

Go to any bookshop
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Miscellaneous(m): 8:04am On Jan 04, 2014
tosinisrael5678: Plz sm1 help me..am 4rm ekiti...and am going 4 electrical engineering..bt i got c6(physics) in ma ssce...hope i gat no problem?

you are on track just try to read well in your Jamb bro.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by tosinisrael5678(m): 8:23am On Jan 04, 2014
Miscellaneous:

you are on track just try to read well in your Jamb bro.
tanks...isn't there any other thing i need 2 knw?
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by CS0TM: 8:41am On Jan 04, 2014
Riley_Freeman:

Gud day guys,...I wanna know the aggregate score needed to be admitted on merit for economics nd statistics @uniben grin
ROTFL.
**in oga_jazinogold's voice**

aggregate 60 wud gv u ecostat grin

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Miscellaneous(m): 8:42am On Jan 04, 2014
tosinisrael5678: tanks...isn't there any other thing i need 2 knw?

Nothing for now. You already know what you needed to know at this stage.

Jamb subject combo: math, eng, phy and chem.

Waec Requirements: a minimum of 5 credits in math, phy, chem, eng and bio.

Jamb score: just aim 270-280. I didnt say you wont get it if you didnt get up to 270.

Also, elect/elect is the most competitive engineering course in uniben. Also, I didnt say it is the best. Thanks.

NOTE: THE DEPT OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DOES NOT EXIST IN UNIBEN

so i advice you to go for elect/elect engr if you wish to study in uniben.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Neldrizzy(m): 8:43am On Jan 04, 2014
Riley_Freeman:

A friend's two other subjects were i. Crs and ii. Literature. He was admitted.

Another friend replaced that C.R.S with History and wasn't admitted.

If that History was to stand in for 'any other subject' then he should be admitted. But that wasn't the case. Dunno if it was because he ought to have chosen btw Govt and History, instead went for both.

Well, I'd do more research on this. And get back to you tomorrow.

bro plsssss i beg Ч☺ΰ wit God help ♍ε̲̣̣̣ b4 i mak mistake,i rilly appreciate ur effort. i don't knw you, you don't knw, but yet Ч☺ΰ r giving ♍ε̲̣̣̣ info wich i can't get anywere, God will mightily bless Ч☺ΰ and ur family!!!!! Also 2 oda Admin of this thread!! God bless Ч☺ΰ all

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by CS0TM: 8:48am On Jan 04, 2014
Riley_Freeman:

Yea.. thank God.

Just discovered Profemmy made same mistake. First page @ Our thread. Really devastating.
Yea...poor prof sad cry
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by odizeey(m): 8:51am On Jan 04, 2014
Didi 5: What happened to metaphycist's thread?Why on earth was Meta's thread locked to give way to this thread already dancing like a DVD logo on frontpage?Nobody on here can pilot a thread that will serve the purpose of guiding and informing prospective uniben students like Metaphycist,Jazino or Korm2Me.There was a thread serving this purpose,unjustly locked by the mods.Two things will definitely happen;this thread will get messed up in no time.The op will always create ludicrous links to his blog for personal gain as the expense of others!
y u dey lament,dem dey gv who first open thread award?
Wetyn sef. If na truly for d gain of odas mk una com post infos to help dem,no try dis tyn again

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 04, 2014
tosinisrael5678: Plz sm1 help me..am 4rm ekiti...and am going 4 electrical engineering..bt i got c6(physics) in ma ssce...hope i gat no problem?
... Seems we are goin the same way
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 04, 2014
Miscellaneous:
Nothing for now. You already know what you needed to know at this stage.
Jamb subject combo: math, eng, phy and chem.
Waec Requirements: a minimum of 5 credits in math, phy, chem, eng and bio.
Jamb score: just aim 270-280. I didnt say you wont get it if you didnt get up to 270.
Also, elect/elect is the most competitive engineering course in uniben. Also, I didnt say it is the best. Thanks.
NOTE: THE DEPT OF [b]ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DOES NOT EXIST IN UNIBEN
so i advice you to go for elect/elect engr if you wish to study in uniben.
hmmm wats d difference btwn d two
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by CS0TM: 8:56am On Jan 04, 2014
Didi 5: What happened to metaphycist's thread?Why on earth was Meta's thread locked to give way to this thread already dancing like a DVD logo on frontpage?Nobody on here can pilot a thread that will serve the purpose of guiding and informing prospective uniben students like Metaphycist,Jazino or Korm2Me.There was a thread serving this purpose,unjustly locked by the mods.Two things will definitely happen;this thread will get messed up in no time.The op will always create ludicrous links to his blog for personal gain as the expense of others!
Is this didi5

Whoever you are, plz return this account BAK TO HIM!!!!
angry angry angry
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by ejim4christ(m): 8:57am On Jan 04, 2014
Romanticboy1:
;
science but chem is missing,can I swap to social science?or?
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by ejim4christ(m): 8:59am On Jan 04, 2014
Miscellaneous:

are you sure you didnt make chemistry ? This is kinda tough for you since there is no chemistry. Nothing bro. . .
u mean,no course can go with dis subjs?
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by GorgeousReney(f): 9:16am On Jan 04, 2014
GorgeousReney: Gud p.m y'all...
U guyz r doin an amazing job here....
I got admitd last yr, but i wanna re-write jamb....
Plz watz d new subjt combo 4 pharm? Nd watz d least score i nid 2 score in jamb n putme 4 admisn
God bless y'all....

CAN SUM1 PLEASE ANSWER MA QUESTN
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by ahika(m): 9:20am On Jan 04, 2014
Romanticboy1: [b]FOR ART-STUDENTS*
always take note-Literature is d KEY-subject dah qualifies yu as an ''art student''.without it,yu can't study any art course.its very essential.the correct jamb combo for any art course is as follows:-take note

1-english
2-government
3-literature in english
4-CRS
*;
and d 5 papers in ya O-level(WAEC or NECO) should be-
1-mathematics-at least a C would do,anything below dat,hmmm lipsrsealed .its very compulsory dat you pass this subject.
2-english-language-totally compulsory
3-Literature in English-if you are going 4 any art course-you must pass this.atleast a ''C'' will still put you on a safer side
4-CRS/IRS
5-any subject you wish to include,but i would ''suggest'' biology or agriculture.
Also note-dat you can cannot mix WAEC and NECO results 2geda,cuz they are two diff bodies,you can only mix WAEC with WAEC GCE or NECO with NECO GCE.
So if yu happen to fail a subject in WAEC(the may/June),then you write the WAEC GCE(the sept/oct) and wen yu pass it,You can successfully mix the results 2geda,same goes for NECO and NECO GCE.
its always necessary you get the subject combo right for it would save you from being denied admission and uncleared by the clearance officers,or d least they would do is to change yu frm art to social,and i know you wouldn't want that!
Also be very careful with ya registration(ya names,date of birth must correspond all tru)and ensure to read for your exams(jamb and pume) to score high and be admitted easily(no paying of money to any lecturer,no chukuli) etc
Hope this helps? Happy new year to y'all
[/b]

Thanks sir, but can I replace C.R.S with Econs or Geography, since I'm planning to study Ed and English?

And what will you say about a science student who didn't make Physics in o'level and wants to study Psychologist?
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Neldrizzy(m): 9:20am On Jan 04, 2014
Pls wats d jamb score dat can qualify sum1 for international studies and diplomacy
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by odizeey(m): 9:21am On Jan 04, 2014
GorgeousReney:

read ur jamb brochure for combination,n read well and pass wel for admission
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by odizeey(m): 9:21am On Jan 04, 2014
Neldrizzy: Pls wats d jamb score dat can qualify sum1 for international studies and diplomacy
score high

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 04, 2014
Great job, Godwin. This is certainly going to help aspiring UNIBEN students a lot. Jazinogold, I see you too and God bless you cos even when I'm in 300level now, I still remember your advise back then. For any aspiring mass communication, Fine Art/theatre arts aspirant, you can ask me questions. God bless UNIBEN, OUR NOBLE SCHOOL.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Miscellaneous(m): 9:35am On Jan 04, 2014
Suley316: hmmm wats d difference btwn d two

Not much difference though. If you got the zeal to study either one, there is about 80% chance you can study the other.

I. ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING.

II. ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING.

The name specifies their difference. I cant really pin point their major difference but, elect/elect has more job opportunities in our beloved country, Nigeria.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Miscellaneous(m): 9:37am On Jan 04, 2014
Neldrizzy: Pls wats d jamb score dat can qualify sum1 for international studies and diplomacy

240 - 250 will be okay for uniben.

Note: I didnt say you wont get it if you didnt get up to 240.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Miscellaneous(m): 9:41am On Jan 04, 2014
GorgeousReney:

is there a new jamb subject combo for pharmacy ? All i know is phy, eng, bio and chem.

Your least score should be 260.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Miscellaneous(m): 9:44am On Jan 04, 2014
ejim4christ: u mean,no course can go with dis subjs?

As far as I know, yea, none.

#sad
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 04, 2014
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by naijaboiy: 9:58am On Jan 04, 2014
First things first,if you want to get admission into UNIBEN,aim to score high in your Jamb cos that will certainly be d bedrock of your admission progress...
Also,if scoring high is not within your reach,try to get nothing less dan 200,at least you will be qualified for d PUTME wch mins you need to put more effort. There's no impossibility as long as everything is in order.
N.P:UNIBEN doesn't accept second choice and deir cut-off mark for jamb is never below 200..
BE prepared

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1041) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants / NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.