Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread - Education (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread (1031128 Views)

Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 / 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by cahnellven: 11:20am On Jul 28, 2014
@mcslize: the phenomena at work in a rainbow z refraction which means 'bending of light' as it travels from one medium to another at different speeds.
@mesoade:pls note that animal cells cannot be plasmolysed since they lack a rigid cell wall. Rbc wil hence be crenated in an hypertonic solution ....ayemafuge!
@ojingbe:pray hard,but note that dental aspirants wrote at room 107 and 207 and not the latter alone .lets assume ure competing with abt 90 aspirants for 23 slots,thats roughly 1 opening for every 4 aspirants .best of luck
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 28, 2014
Expect result by august 5 in the morning
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by sikells(m): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
ojingbe: 47 wrote in law room 207 I thnk dats all
I thought you were admitted for biochemistry last year..dat course ain't bad na
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Alikaxon(m): 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
naijaboiy:
We all Bosses Boss cool

[size=4pt]what am I even saying[/size]
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 12:42pm On Jul 28, 2014
Neldrizzy: tanks boss... Were are you at right now
m in abk 4 semester break
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by efisi100: 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
Helo everyone..hv been folowing this thread 4 a very lng tym nw..but ve been unable to comment,i just got my account registered..u all ve been doing gud..thumps up
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by mesoade(m): 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
cahnellven: @mcslize: the phenomena at work in a rainbow z refraction which means 'bending of light' as it travels from one medium to another at different speeds.
@mesoade:pls note that animal cells cannot be plasmolysed since they lack a rigid cell wall. Rbc wil hence be crenated in an hypertonic solution ....ayemafuge!
@ojingbe:pray hard,but note that dental aspirants wrote at room 107 and 207 and not the latter alone .lets assume ure competing with abt 90 aspirants for 23 slots,thats roughly 1 opening for every 4 aspirants .best of luck
. I dnt knw o,i tot excesive plasmolysis causes crenation ,ok sha . . Ayemafuge ilaje!
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by mesoade(m): 1:26pm On Jul 28, 2014
viccipedia: good morning brothers sisters aunty ebere and uncle naijaboy, bros chizzy and neldrizzy... I remain humble... d way everybody kulkatty like dis ehn.... una sure say no b scarcity of babe dey cos am? Anyway, let's pray... mesoade, lead us in prayer...
*clears throat*
father in jesus name,father in the mighty name of jesus,i sanctify every body on this thread with the precious blood that jesus shed on the cross of calvary ,father i pray that at the closing of this thread every member both active and inactive will be admitted in jesus name, in jesus name i have prayed
amen.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by mesoade(m): 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2014
Sorry i didnt reply u guys quickly . . My mb dried up
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by kelechiMarie(f): 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
viccipedia: noooooo na d way the thing dey hot
chai okay now all is well
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Navvy(m): 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
Neldrizzy: you you go likde de scata relationship oo... Myy gf naim you wan carry enter corner? i bow 4u oo
my broda there is love in sharing.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Navvy(m): 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
Neldrizzy: loll noooo am i Mad? i de ekosodin...
u get guts and liver o. Strong men no dey harrass u?
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
cahnellven: @mcslize: the phenomena at work in a rainbow z refraction which means 'bending of light' as it travels from one medium to another at different speeds.
Plasmolysis occurs in plant and bacterial cells,
not in human cells. When plant cells are placed in
extremely hypertonic environment, water moves
out of the cells by osmosis. This causes the plant
vacuoles to shrink and the cell membrane
detaches from the cell wall. This is plasmolysis.
Animal cells do not have cell walls so there is no
such thing as detachment of cell membrane if
cells are exposed to hypertonic environment. So
plasmolysis does not occur in animal cells.
Red blood cells shrink or undergo crenation if
placed in hypertonic solution in laboratory
condition. Under laboratory condition also, blood
cells bloat and even burst if placed in hypotonic
solution. However, in natural condition these do
not happen because our body has a system for
regulating water loss and gain such that our
individual cells are protected from shrinking or
bursting.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Neldrizzy(m): 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
efisi100: Helo everyone..hv been folowing this thread 4 a very lng tym nw..but ve been unable to comment,i just got my account registered..u all ve been doing gud..thumps up
you are welcome to the family!!!

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Neldrizzy(m): 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
FrancisTony: Mynd44
watin happen?? Why you de call am?
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
sikells:
I thought you were admitted for biochemistry last year..dat course ain't bad na
am still in biochemistry
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Neldrizzy(m): 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
Navvy: u get guts and liver o. Strong men no dey harrass u?
harras mee ke?? Noooooo i no de cross myy boundary.. i de play according to the rules!!!
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
Any candidate for dentistry
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mcslize: 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2014

The question didn't ask u of properties of wave. refraction is among the property of wave which has nothing to do with the reason why rainbow produce different colours. The reason why it produce different colours is because it absorb light of different wavelengths which is absorption . Bending of light is not a valid reason why rainbow produce different colours. It is because the light it absorb has different wavelengths.

And for the BIOLOGY QUESTION it is plasmolysed why? When red blood cells are place in a hypertonic solution ( i.e when the surrender solution is more concentrated than the cell, water will be lose out of the cell making it to shrink (plasmolysed) but if the cell body is more concentrated than the surrounding solution, water will be absorb into the cell making it to increase in size to the extent of bursting (haemolysed)

before u chose an answer u have to analysed it first. U don't just chose an answer and conclude it is the correct answer. I believe te analysis above will Help beyond doubt
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Mcslize:

The question didn't ask u of properties of wave. refraction is among the property of wave which has nothing to do with the reason why rainbow produce different colours. The reason why it produce different colours is because it absorb light of different wavelengths which is absorption . Bending of light is not a valid reason why rainbow produce different colours. It is because the light it absorb has different wavelengths.

And for the BIOLOGY QUESTION it is plasmolysed why? When red blood cells are place in a hypertonic solution ( i.e when the surrender solution is more concentrated than the cell, water will be lose out of the cell making it to shrink (plasmolysed) but if the cell body is more concentrated than the surrounding solution, water will be absorb into the cell making it to increase in size to the extent of bursting (haemolysed)

before u chose an answer u have to analysed it first. U don't just chose an answer and conclude it is the correct answer. I believe te analysis above will Help beyond doubt
it is crenation just go check ur college biology. And for the rainbow its absorption if the question say why we SEE rainbow colour but refraction and reflaction if it is about the reason thr many colours in rainbow. Wat course are you writing for
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by sikells(m): 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2014
ojingbe: am still in biochemistry
k...but it seems your heart isn't there
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Navvy(m): 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
Neldrizzy: harras mee ke?? Noooooo i no de cross myy boundary.. i de play according to the rules!!!
Dem obtain me on wednesday 9pm 4 night around senior staff quaters.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Neldrizzy(m): 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
Navvy: Dem obtain me on wednesday 9pm 4 night around senior staff quaters.
hohohohohohoho sorry oo.. But naa you do ursef, why you go they waka 4 dat kin late hour.... Hope them no collect much from you?
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by 3coins(m): 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
Mcslize:

greetings dude. . . The question on cell,yu got it wrong, i got it wrong too,the answer is crenated. . . You also got the one of rainbow wrong as the different colours of a rainbow is as a result of reflection & refraction
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
Mcslize:

Nah u didn't miss the questions. U got both correctly but I missed one of d questions. The first one. I went and chose Haemolysed instead of plasmolysed
its neither... Crenation is the answer
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
FrancisTony:

200? grin Even Medicine that carries highest quota isn't up to that.
f00l...... Medicine admits only 100 + 10undecided

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Navvy(m): 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2014
Neldrizzy: hohohohohohoho sorry oo.. But naa you do ursef, why you go they waka 4 dat kin late hour.... Hope them no collect much from you?
nahh e no pass #1200 .. I go see one chic jare. as we dey trek to june12 na im dem tell me to show.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Neldrizzy(m): 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
Navvy: nahh e no pass #1200 .. I go see one chic jare. as we dey trek to june12 na im dem tell me to show.
Loll.. Sorry oo!!! Naa their language bedat "guy show"
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
Cut off mark will be higher for mbbs dis year because of me undecided....i didnt fail any question angry.. If u applied for medicine....u should be VERY scared

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (1041) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants / NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.