Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,525 members, 7,954,989 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:42 PM

Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch (13633 Views)

HELP ANY Series Season Film With Hard Core Sexx Scenes / A Film With Indian And Nigerian Actors / Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by Slickest(m): 5:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
Wooow...bb torch? Forking lair..u don c mumu? C focus..professional focus on a phone camera? U must b ill...u used a camera nd dats it...u lowered theresolution 4 picture quality..accepted...but say u use bb torch, na lie, even a camcoder can't giv u such quality....thou shall not lie...
Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by solowork: 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hiring-u:

Bro. He speaks that way. We're based in Boston, and trust me, a Massachusetts influenced accent will make anyone sound very slightly corny. cheesy
See below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmOTAgFvFxs

My bad. Still good music though.
Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by omar22(m): 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
Your hiding and you have a flash light on your face! yeah Hollywood in deed
Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by madamoringo(f): 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
Tony Spike:

Favouritism is killing Nollypako. The same issue killing Nigeria in the name of mediocrity and "Na my person" syndrome! Again, there is too much quantity against quality!

By the way, here's a list of some great Hollywood movies to be released in 2014 with some stunning use of VFX! Please visit this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1550267/trailers-list-top-action-sci-fi

They will NEVER accept that would they? They are the "best" and "only merit" people in Nigeria! Well, here is a proof of what 3 people can do with a supposed (amateur) camera on a phone.
Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by YGBMR(m): 7:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by Sheenor: 11:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ikengawo: Imagine an amateur with a blackberry can make this, but upon all their funding Nollywood can't even hold a camera steady or have a storyline cry angry
Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
nice one , for reals..
Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hiring-u:
not bad, but the resolution is too low.

here is a mini music video shot with a HTC Evo Shift cell phone by a Nairalander 3 years ago (just for fun though).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IhKwHB2FN4

this actually got my attention more.. Did you guys make the beat for the song?? or pre downloaded?? noce.. and what app did you edit the video with? nice shii
Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by AbuMikey(m): 12:18am On Dec 24, 2013

I'm not a Photographer, but atleast, I know a little basics of Photography anf Cinematography, so I can categorically tell you that this Video was not done with a BB tourch.

A BB Z10 or a Nokia Lumia might do, but certainly not a BB Tourch smiley

Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by simiolu1(m): 1:02am On Dec 24, 2013
speedyboi: That is not a Blackberry torch camera. No 'Phone' camera can achieve Shallow depth of field YET.

As per the film, I watched just 1-2minutes of it before I stopped.

No phone camera has the ability of dynamic focusing found in dslrs and the likes. Even when takin photographs; phone cameras do not allow u d pleasure of defining focus points let alone switch focus between movin objects. Even the lumia 1020 can't do that yet.and for those that would quote my post and talk poo; pls b informed that Samsung has just started toying with the idea of image stabilization on phone cameras.

3 Likes

Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by Finland(m): 1:03am On Dec 24, 2013
speedyboi: That is not a Blackberry torch camera. No 'Phone' camera can achieve Shallow depth of field YET.

As per the film, I watched just 1-2minutes of it before I stopped.

I was about to say that.
Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by Ikengawo: 2:15am On Dec 24, 2013
simi_olu1:

No phone camera has the ability of dynamic focusing found in dslrs and the likes. Even when takin photographs; phone cameras do not allow u d pleasure of defining focus points let alone switch focus between movin objects. Even the lumia 1020 can't do that yet.and for those that would quote my post and talk poo; pls b informed that Samsung has just started toying with the idea of image stabilization on phone cameras.

a mix of good editing and smart use of the camera and it's possible. The average smartphone camera is just as powerful as these 'professional' cameras you see everywhere. the only reason the professional by those cameras is because the uninformed public doesn't know better and will assume you're not serious if you're using a smart phone. Some of the best movies in the history of man were shot on cameras that are inferior to your average black berry cam, any model.

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by prettyboi1(m): 2:35am On Dec 24, 2013
Nice work man.....We've got really great talents in this country. God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by alfredo4u(m): 7:46am On Dec 24, 2013
N
Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by simiolu1(m): 10:55am On Dec 24, 2013
Ikengawo:

a mix of good editing and smart use of the camera and it's possible. The average smartphone camera is just as powerful as these 'professional' cameras you see everywhere. the only reason the professional by those cameras is because the uninformed public doesn't know better and will assume you're not serious if you're using a smart phone. Some of the best movies in the history of man were shot on cameras that are inferior to your average black berry cam, any model.

obviously, U think I am uninformed. But I'll show U how informed I am & try educate U in d process.
An average Dslr has 9 focus points; while professional ones have up to 64! Focus points tell d camera wat 2 blur & wat to focus. In dslrs, d focus points can be altered manually. Smartphones don't allow such freedom. Notice how d focus switched from d guy to d girl while still achieving depth of field? That isn't good editing; that's a good camera at work & it's not a phones.
U also tried to put dslrs and phone cameras on d same pedestal; U goofed there. U see, phone cameras utilize digital zoom; dslrs use d lens. D smartphones wit d best cameras are sold for btwn 500-700 dollars while d average dslr starts from 700 dollars. Infact, d 7d which Canon launched in 2009 still sells for close 2 1,200 dollars for a new one while d Mark 5d3 (a full frame camera) launched dis year sells for like 3k dollars.
U talked about d best movies of all time. U forget that those movies were shot wit d best gears available in those days. So even then, they were d best.
N.B: Dslrs are primarily manufactured 2 take fotos. Their video capabilities are just secondary.
I'll save d talk on video cameras for another day.
Hope u get my drift bro; and to think I warned pipu not to quote my post and talk poo

3 Likes

Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by leggo: 11:46am On Dec 24, 2013
Ikengawo:

rubbish talk...
Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by stkris(m): 11:58pm On Dec 24, 2013
deejay_harry1:

this actually got my attention more.. Did you guys make the beat for the song?? or pre downloaded?? noce.. and what app did you edit the video with? nice shii

I made the video. The beat was from makehitmusicdotcom, as it wasn't intended to be a full official track (did it just for the vid)
I shot the vid with my phone at the time. I have professional cameras, but wanted to see what the phone could do.
In all the shots, the phone is still (I shot myself). All 'cam movements' were added in editing.
Editing was done in Sony Vegas Pro 10 (The vid is from 3 years back). Glad you liked it.

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by Ikengawo: 7:28am On Dec 25, 2013
leggo:
rubbish talk...

You have no clue about what you're even wanting to talk about. There were movies made in 1970 that have a superior quality to movies made in 2013 in Nigeria, and the average cellphone camera is 100x more powerful than old analog ones.

I'm not knocking all of Nollywood, they're seriously trying believe me, but this movie shows they're no where near trying enough, and those that are trying are overshadowed by the flood of petty hustlers trying to make a quick dollar regardless of how badly it damages the collective nollywood brand.

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by VillageBoi(m): 6:27pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ikengawo:
I'm not knocking all of Nollywood, they're seriously trying believe me, but this movie shows they're no where near trying enough, and those that are trying are overshadowed by the flood of petty hustlers trying to make a quick dollar regardless of how badly it damages the collective nollywood brand.

As the dialogie on Nollywood continues... well said Ikengawo. Simple truth. Nollywood is 'trying' but we MUST try even harder... it really is up to filmmakers/producers/directors/actors and everyone to do even better than what their current 'best' is. Unless we keep on pushing the envelope we might as well all just walk away.
The whole world is now just a global village and if we do not even try to match some of the 'best little low-budget indies' out there then we have not even started to raise the bar high enough.

Having said that I know fully well that there are Nigerian filmmakers (most probably unknown for now) that are able to produce amazing work that can stand tall on any world-stage... it just isn't that easy for many of them to break out with the current 'we-go-manage-am-work-ethics' that is prevalent in Nigeria; especially as they might have to answer to 'executive producers'. But believe me... the future is bright! Life can always find a way.
Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by Originalsly: 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
I am still waiting for OP to post the Hollywood quality movie before I comment.
Re: Adebowale Ogundipe Makes Hollywood-Quality Film With A Blackberry Torch by VillageBoi(m): 8:39pm On Dec 25, 2013
Originalsly: I am still waiting for OP to post the Hollywood quality movie before I comment.
It's just a 'sensational' heading. I wonder if he was on the crew. Someone posted saying he is the maker of the film and used a phone. Personally I don't think this looks like it was shot on a phone. How did he 'lock' focus for the shallow depth of field shots in such low light?

Anyway how you dey? I hope you're having a good Xmas?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Promising Movies To Watch Out For Before the End of 2012 (trailers) / Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic / Is Nollywood Controlled By Igbos? (Tribalised?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.