Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Thank God Its Centenary (TGIC) Essay And Quiz Contest For Nigerians (over 1 Mill - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Thank God Its Centenary (TGIC) Essay And Quiz Contest For Nigerians (over 1 Mill (712 Views)

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / The Fountain 2013 Essay Contest / 2013 PREMIUM TIMES Centenary Essay Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thank God Its Centenary (TGIC) Essay And Quiz Contest For Nigerians (over 1 Mill by uchejava(m): 12:23am On Dec 22, 2013
In light of the celebration of the 100 years amalgamation of Nigeria (1914-2014), TGIC Quiz Show is the 2nd Season of the TGIC Competition that had been going online. It intends to provide edutainment to Nigerians between the ages of 18-39. The Quiz show is an integral part of the Social media platform of the Nigeria Centenary Celebration.

The TGIC Competition Season 2 is in two stages/categories

(1) Entry stage is: the Essay category

(2) Competition stage is: the Quiz category

The Format: The show will be held in the six geo-political zones of Nigeria and hosted in six cities: Yenagoa (south-south); Akure (south-west); Enugu (south-east); Kaduna (north-west); Makurdi (north central); Bauchi (north-east). The grand finale is to hold in the federal capital, Abuja.
Theme: I Know My Country
Slogan: I am Nigeria, Nigeria is Me
Vision: To broaden the minds of Nigerians through knowledge of our history as a spring board for our future growth and understanding of our present
Mission: To educate Nigerians about the history of the country as a means of promoting our unity.

ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to Nigerians aged 18-39.

PRIZE: Grand Prize – One Million (N1,000,000) Naira
2nd Prize – Five Hundred Thousand (N500,000) Naira
3rd place – Two Hundred Fifty Thousand (N250,000) Naira
The three winners in each geo-political zone will receive N250,000, N150,000 and N100,000 respectively.
Many other consolation prizes, including N10, 000 for each of the 20 regional participants etc.

HOW TO APPLY:
1. ‘Like’ the NIGERIA CENTENARY Facebook page (www.facebook.com/nigeriacentenary100)

2. Write a 100 (one-hundred) word essay on the subject/theme: “I Know My Country” and email it to:TGICQUIZ@NIGCENTENARY.COM

DEADLINE:
Zone 1) South-South January 14, 2014 at Yenagua;

Zone 2) South-East January 18, 2014 at Enugu;

Zone 3) South-West January 21,2014 at Ondo.

ENTRIES for zone 1-3 will CLOSE by December 31, 2013.

Zone 4) North-West January 25, 2014 at Kaduna;

Zone 5) North-East January 28, 2014 at Bauchi;

Zone 6) North-Central, February 1, 2014 at Markudi.

Entries for zone 4-6 will close by January 15, 2014

A press conference will be hosted in the federal capital on January 9, 2014 while the grand finale, also in Abuja, will hold on February 8 2014.

Short-listing procedure: All entries will be assessed by an in-house panel of judges comprising historians, academics and political scientists who are all professors in their various fields; 20 entries will be shortlisted for the regional Quiz contest.

More details here: http://www.naijacompetitions.com/2013/12/thank-god-its-centenary-tgic-essay-and.html

(1) (Reply)

Ibadan Writers Training Centre - 2014 Second Quarter Creative Writing Workshop / My Sweet Palm / Get Published Soonest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.