Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Can you work for your country without money and fame? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Can you work for your country without money and fame? (1301 Views)

Will You Leave Your Country For 1 Million Dollars And Never Return? / Ebola Virus: Stay In Your Country- Prophet TB Joshua / What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can you work for your country without money and fame? by seuntech(m): 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2005
Can you work for your country without money and fame,
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by Greatpeter(m): 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2005
I will say yes but with conditions attached.

1. If our leaders are not currupt, I can't be working and another reaping to his pocket alone at the expence of others.
2. If they are mindful of the citizenry.
3. If they appreciate my kind gesture.
4. If they will respect me and give me a free hand to operate without fear or favour.
5. If they will allow me to have just a boss.
6. If they will respect the rule of law.
7. if they will consider the average citizen or low income earner.
8. If rural areas will be developed.
9. If they will welcome my suggestions.
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by cushman(m): 8:35pm On Sep 01, 2005
I don't think so...
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by hotangel2(f): 5:10am On Sep 02, 2005
Oh hell no.
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by layi(m): 2:30pm On Sep 02, 2005
Lai Lai
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by queen2(f): 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2005
Is it possible? no i can't
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by kazey(m): 3:06pm On Sep 02, 2005
Yes. Its deep within me. Self , do you guys call it gratification or is it satisfaction? Anywayz you guys understood what I was trying to say. Yes I can.
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by Greatpeter(m): 12:00am On Sep 03, 2005
So i am the only patrotic Nigerian even with my conditions grin
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by DEKING3(m): 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2005
I would have said 'No' if my country is a single, inconsiderate, unjust and ruthless man but I say 'Yes', coz there are helpless people I'm meant to affect, which is part of the reason why God created me as a citizen of this country.
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by digitalove(m): 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2005
I would,if God granted me the grace to make it to the seat of power.
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by rufaai(m): 7:57pm On Sep 03, 2005
Well, I may. But not when Nigeria is my country...

I am with you Greatpeter, I can't work hard while some useless; up there enjoys my sweat... Hey, I just can't... Never in Nigeria...

Maybe when Nigeria because better... which is impossible.
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by jade(f): 3:35am On Sep 05, 2005
Grant me the sweetness of recognition from other people, sense of self-satisfaction, or money that allows us to sustain living in this materialistic and capitalism-main-streamed world.(depends on which part of the world you live in)

personally i cannot work for my country without money or fame.

I think you have to be highly motivated(sometimes "love" can be the substitute for that), to be able to work without money or fame for your country unconditionally. I am sure some people are capable of doing so, i think that such people inclined(or adopt themselves to be) extremists, with self-conscious issues in certain way. It would be a hard work. Just my opinion.
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2005
never!
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by da808cutie(f): 11:50am On Oct 09, 2005
how will you feed you family, clothe yourself, house yourself? does doing such come with benefits apart from the money itself? cos if not them NO. body no be wood!!!
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by salako: 11:43am On Oct 10, 2005
If you love your country, then you should be happy, that you are privileged enough to work for it.
If you want something extra in return, then, its just a job. In that case their is no real loyalty to the country, rather loyalty to whatever YOU can get from it for yourself.
Ask not what your country can do for you; Ask what you can do for your country. grin
Re: Can you work for your country without money and fame? by Soundmind(m): 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2007
If i have other means of livelihood, i can but if i depend on my salary for my living, i cannot. To be able to do this, Nigeria need re-orientation and be assured of their future before this could be achieved.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Must Be Divided At Once! / My Fiancée Insult Me On My Bday And Refuse To Apologize / Benefits From Joining Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.