Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar (14199 Views)

Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 – Registrar / ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG / We Are Not Resuming – AAUA Lecturers To Management (2) (3) (4)

Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by agrovick(m): 9:10am On Dec 23, 2013
At bolded, the correct word is taught and not teached
Dr.'Hesjay:

I've just spent 2mnths in beta by far,two foreign lecturers(a prof and a Dr) hv teached me,foreign students all over d skl....
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by taharqa: 9:17am On Dec 23, 2013
Do they have a functional Broadband already laid in that University??
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by tosnat: 9:43am On Dec 23, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:

Bro,u misunderstood d concept....There is nothing like teaching from home...Its majorly for textbooks and materials;assignments,and some other things!....This is what is observed in many schools outside Nigeria.....why u talked dat way is what i don't understand..anyway,its normal for a Nigerian!
And who said there r no facilities in d skl??...

Yeah..I think I didn't think it through..I might have been slow to reasoning before concluding.. Thanks pal...enjoy your iPad.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Marshalltj(m): 10:53am On Dec 23, 2013
Better by far....Nice concept!!!
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by LeStylo: 11:01am On Dec 23, 2013
isaajibola: Lecturer teachn student from home doesn't guarantee best in student, I can say dats a lazy stuff at times, sum skul wu normally teach student from home re an ONLINE INSTITUTION. Go find out abt foreign skuls like HAVARD UNI, OXFORD UNI, YALE UNI,TORONTO UNI and co hw students were receivn lectures. Weda d remaining UNIVERSITIES do it or not, dat doesn't mean dey re nt d best. UNILAG still remain d best in LAW, OAU still remain d best in ENGINEERING, UI stil remain d best in MEDICINE. Its gud for every student to knw hw to operate system dou.
It says "send assignments from the comfort of their homes", the OP modified the topict. It will be foolhardy to think this will be a replacement for actual teaching in the lecture rooms.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Xking(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Greaaat: 11:05am On Dec 23, 2013
Very soon we will see jail break for unilorin mini pads on evasion
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Wisdytech(m): 11:11am On Dec 23, 2013
What is this called? Digital Lecturing or what??
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Lordseyad(m): 11:12am On Dec 23, 2013
odizeey: See levels, upon say Dem no dey fite for
anything.
My question is,where is d money coming from.
Walai,Dese guys don join illuminati
ARE U NT IN NIGERIA OR ARE U SLEEPING when the sch increase the sch fees for d freshers?
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by phemmiebabs: 11:15am On Dec 23, 2013
it's already happening,ask anybody from my faculty (cis)just dat it's yet to circulate d school, I Rep unilorin
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Samick: 11:16am On Dec 23, 2013
The topic or title of the post does not really corroborate the content of the post,anyway going digital is a welcomed development for a Nigerian public school.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by odizeey(m): 11:16am On Dec 23, 2013
Lord seyad: ARE U NT IN NIGERIA OR ARE U SLEEPING when the sch increase the sch fees for d freshers?
raised to?
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 23, 2013
I love the initiative.

If Unilorin continues to tow this path of development, it's just a matter of time before they become the best University in Nigeria. Their uninterrupted academic calendar is an added advantage.

Cool stuff!
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by victorlexa(m): 11:20am On Dec 23, 2013
9ce concept... Education is really advancing in nigeria
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Lifebender(m): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2013
Tolexander: opon imo!

gringringrin

gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin;
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by xtophy(m): 11:22am On Dec 23, 2013
isaajibola: Lecturer teachn student from home doesn't guarantee best in student, I can say dats a lazy stuff at times, sum skul wu normally teach student from home re an ONLINE INSTITUTION. Go find out abt foreign skuls like HAVARD UNI, OXFORD UNI, YALE UNI,TORONTO UNI and co hw students were receivn lectures. Weda d remaining UNIVERSITIES do it or not, dat doesn't mean dey re nt d best. UNILAG still remain d best in LAW, OAU still remain d best in ENGINEERING, UI stil remain d best in MEDICINE. Its gud for every student to knw hw to operate system dou.
watz dis one vomiting 4 God sake?
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Afrok(m): 11:23am On Dec 23, 2013
Tolexander: opon imo!

gringringrin
ur head dey dere my brother, U just said my mind. Ogbeni Aregbesola az really set d pace for others to follow, nice development from Unilorin. If U av nothing to worry about when it comes to ASUU in terms of strike, U'll av quality time to think on how ur school will be improved positively.
Hopefully, other schools will upgrade like dis one day, with or without ASUU.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by pseudonomer: 11:33am On Dec 23, 2013
Wow! With this I see Unilorin among the first 5 universities in Africa in few years time.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by oladapoa1(m): 11:43am On Dec 23, 2013
Chemiefatie: Good initiative. But wont this breed room for laziness among the lecturers? And again, some students may abuse the opportunity and use the ipad for non-educational purposes.
atleast when their children asked them in future, it will no longer be ' i didnt have the opportunity' it will be 'i misused the opportunity'
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by mikael78: 11:44am On Dec 23, 2013
Porting things on my mind!!!
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by expert1(m): 11:44am On Dec 23, 2013
grin There is nothing new about it. UNILAG have been doing it for long and don't forget 'Opon-Imo' for Secondary School Students in Osun state.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by tomzman: 11:45am On Dec 23, 2013
Ok.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by oladapoa1(m): 11:48am On Dec 23, 2013
and what is this one saying mind you. Unilag reps the best dressed. As for LAW and PHARMACY everybody knows its OAU. I rep the better by far 'proudlyUNILORITES'. My homage to the four pillars - UI, OAU, UNIBEN & ABU. i don dust unilag since
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by omusiliyu(m): 11:48am On Dec 23, 2013
Let wait for the price of the mini-ipad
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by oladapoa1(m): 11:51am On Dec 23, 2013
taharqa: Do they have a functional Broadband already laid in that University??
yes dear. Wired or wireless all at your disposal
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by AbdH: 11:51am On Dec 23, 2013
pseudonomer: Wow! With this I see Unilorin among the first 5 universities in Africa in few years time.

You see a mirage!
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Lordseyad(m): 12:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
odizeey: raised to?
The sch fee was raised 4rm around 35k to over 70k....ir
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by samobaba(m): 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
Tunjasko:
xme here....
unilorin students I like to correct a notion someone told that unilorin did not join the just suspended strike.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by jdoss: 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
They will not be Ipads, they will be android tablets.

If you could give some input into how these tablets should be configured, what would you suggest.
Re: Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar by odizeey(m): 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
Lord seyad: The sch fee was raised 4rm around 35k to over 70k....ir
75k for mini ipad,electronic board,multi i.d card,etc, lasu dry pay over 200 how nokia touchlite dem don gv dem

Where Is Jamb Office Located In Ph? / Do You Know The Meaning Of POLICE? / Command Secondary School Result 2017/2018