Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,616 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Pastor W F Kumuyi Warns Against Christmas Celebration - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor W F Kumuyi Warns Against Christmas Celebration (1712 Views)

Pastor W.f Kumuyi In Tivs Attire. / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor W F Kumuyi Warns Against Christmas Celebration by sureteeboy(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
Stop celebrating
Christmas, it is
idolatory – Kumuyi
warns members

Respected cleric and founder of
Deeper Christian Life Ministry,
Pastor W.F Kumuyi has called on
his members to stop
celebrating Christmas, saying
that it is idolatry.
The former university don
stated this yesterday at the just
concluded 2013 Deeper Life
National December Retreat
under the theme, Crossing Over
to a New Inheritance and
Prevailing over Storms of Life at
the Deeper Life Conference
Centre, along Lagos-Ibadan
Expressway.
The pastor in a message
broadcasted live said the birth
of Christ should not only be
celebrated just once in year but
everyday.
Kumuyi who decried how
people squander millions
just to celebrate ‘a one-
day Christmas’ told his
congregation to seek
first the kingdom of God,
noting that all other
things would be added
unto them.
Meanwhile, DailyPost
observation shows that
for the first time in
history, members of
Deeper Life would be
celebrating Christmas at
home, unlike in the past
where they would camp
till Boxing Day, December
This year’s retreat, which
started December 19
ended today, Sunday, 22
Re: Pastor W F Kumuyi Warns Against Christmas Celebration by thorpido(m): 9:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
Deeper life and Jehovah's witnesses are free not to celebrate Christmas.
Christ and all that has to do with Christ is a revelation.If you don't have it,Christianity becomes to you like a mere religion and with it,you judge by men's religious standards.
Re: Pastor W F Kumuyi Warns Against Christmas Celebration by Nobody: 1:31am On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Pastor W F Kumuyi Warns Against Christmas Celebration by Acmetek: 2:01am On Dec 23, 2013
To quote from Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie :
"It is quite a long story, which I am not ready to delve into at the
moment. Generally, December 25 is widely accepted. The argument has to
do with some pagan gods, which Christianity tried to Christianise to
become what we now have today. Almost everybody believes that it is
December 25, except the Jehovah’s Witnesses, who claim it is in October,
but they are in the minority. Generally, people follow the majority and
I don’t think there is anyone who will change it from December 25"
It is clear from his statement that Christmas is from Idolatrous origin and it is not commanded by God to celebrate it like the Lord supper. It is a compromise between the Idolatrous Rome and the Emperor Constantine who tries to make Christianity a state religion.
Re: Pastor W F Kumuyi Warns Against Christmas Celebration by joiam: 3:41am On Dec 23, 2013
There are very important questions. 1. Was Christ born? If He was born, what is wrong in fixing a day to celebrate him? If it is true that Dec 25 is connected to an idolatry, then get a date Christ was born! Are those born on Dec 25 now idol worshippers therefore? On Dec 25, didn't God do anything good that day? The Bible says let no man judge you in meat or dring or on any holy day! Many christians celebrate Easter. Did God say we should do? God may not have said we should celebrate the birth of Jesus, but I think God will not tell us everything because He gave us common sense which we must use! For goodness sake, why do we use asbestos to foor our houses? Is that in the Bible? My take is this, it is very easy to dish out al sorts of opinions to people especially if such people have turned their leaders into idols. You don't have to think if you have your idol to consult! Jesus asked the Pharisees who were against doing anything on the sabbath day if the eight day for the circumsicion of their new baby falls on the sabbath day, won't they carry out the circumcision? Of course they would! If I give birth to a child on Dec 25, should I kill that child? If Dec 25 was idolatrous to the the Romans, must it be to me?
Re: Pastor W F Kumuyi Warns Against Christmas Celebration by TeetoEsq(m): 7:37am On Dec 23, 2013
Good declaration, the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses now have deeper life joining them against 25th December. Nice one...
Re: Pastor W F Kumuyi Warns Against Christmas Celebration by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 23, 2013
[quote author=Acmetek]To quote from Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie :
"It is quite a long story, which I am not ready to delve into at the
moment. Generally, December 25 is widely accepted. The argument has to
do with some pagan gods, which Christianity tried to Christianise to
become what we now have today. Almost everybody believes that it is
December 25, except the Jehovah’s Witnesses, who claim it is in October,
but they are in the minority. Generally, people follow the majority and
I don’t thi

I don't believe its december 25 n actually it aint, but is he only just knowing after celebrating it for so many years ?

History has it dat d day was a violent one, biblically, d day John d baptist lost his head but christians (some christians) chose 2celebrate on dat day rather than kill themselves.
Re: Pastor W F Kumuyi Warns Against Christmas Celebration by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 23, 2013
Teeto, Esq:
Good declaration, the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses now have deeper life joining them against 25th December. Nice one...

ma brother u ommited Church of Christ
Re: Pastor W F Kumuyi Warns Against Christmas Celebration by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
sureteeboy: The pastor in a message
broadcasted live said the birth
of Christ should not only be
celebrated just once in year but
everyday.

Doesn't this sound contradictory?. If Christ is to be celebrated everyday. Is December 25 not inclusive?
I even noticed Kumuyi is on facebook. omg has anyone told him that the founder of facebook is not a Christian.
I also thought TV is not in the bible but it looks like he was on TV too. Facebook, TV's etc were are not in the bible o and him and his members are using them. He not only allows his members use them,but he too? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Well I guess he's just seeking attention.
Anyway, since after he was caught on camera smiling from cheek to cheek at his son's wedding when the wife was dressed in everything he preaches against(more like wedding made in hell), then I concluded he probably agrees that nothing is wrong with some of those things he condemns.

It's always the members that will carry everything on their head. I wont be surprised if him and his children are caught on camera again rocking Christmas celebration(after all his sermon suggests that Christmas should be celebrated everyday not only December 25th)

I also hope he doesn't hold church services on Sundays until he shows where sunday was mentioned in the bible or became scriptural cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pastor W F Kumuyi Warns Against Christmas Celebration by joiam: 10:36am On Dec 25, 2013
This is a very interesting topic! I have few questions though:
1. Can God save a soul on Dec. 25? If yes, can such people celebrate Jesus on that day?
2. What is the fate of children born on Dec 25? Should the parents sorrow over them?
3. If the argument is that people commit atrocities on Dec 25, don't they during Easter, Sundays, New year days, etc? If the answer is yes, should we stop those celebrations?
4. Is it right for anything good to be done on Dec 25?
5. God created Dec 25. Who has the right to declare it a bad day?
6. Some said there is no Christmas in the Bible. Is there new year celebration in the Bible?
7. Did the Bible say we must do retreat only in Dec?
8. Some people worship idols on Sunday. Should we therefore stop Sunday worship?
9. In the Bible, we only have glass pulpit. Why are we now using glass pulpit since the only type we have in the bible is wooden type?
10. For those who say there is no commandment to celebrate christmas in the bible, is there any on the type of head gear for women? If no, why make a law on a particular type?
11. If we must honor Christ everyday, should we exclude 25th?
12. As a christian, should I reject xmas gifts and xmas bonus from my employer. What about the tithe I've been paying from my xmas bonuses in the past?
Re: Pastor W F Kumuyi Warns Against Christmas Celebration by God2man(m): 12:22pm On Dec 25, 2013
Hmnnnnnn

(1) (Reply)

All You Need To Know: Sex In Dream, Sleep Paralysis And Spirit Spouses / PHOTOS: Christ Embassy Founder Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Engages Himself In Sports / Serious Problem With The Watchtower Study Of 23rd And 30th April 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.