Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,192 members, 7,953,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? (53713 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / Pastor W.f Kumuyi In Tivs Attire. / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Ikanium(m): 9:29am On Aug 17, 2012
Years past various Nigerian pastors have been connected with one scandal or the other ranging from money fraud, diversion of church money, acquiring of properties worth billions of naira and rituals among others.

But never have I heard or seen any of such with the Pastor/overseer of the Deeper Life Bible Church.

With this one could jump into the conclusion that Pastor W.F Kumuyi is the truest and the most trust worthy among his mates?

13 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52am On Aug 18, 2012
Ikanium:

years past various Nigerian pastors has been connected with one scandal or the other ranging from money fraud, diversion of church money, acquiring of properties worth billions of naira and rituals among others.... Buth never have i heard or seen any of such with the Pastor/overseer of the Deeper Life Bible Church.... With this one could jump into the conclusion that Pastor W.F Kumuyi is the truest and the most trust worthy among his mates

While it is true that Pastor Kumuyi is trust worthy but I believe there are others who are not yet known or we may never know until we get to the other side of the shore. Let us work out our salvation with fear and trembling.

25 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Goshen360(m): 2:11am On Aug 18, 2012
@ bro Ola,

While I also agree with you. I also believe the OP is saying the truth. The qualification and standard for being a MoG is clearly stated in the bible, which is our measuring standard. I am yet to read or hear any scandal about W.F Kumuyi, many others are on a "download".....not to condemn any man though.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30am On Aug 18, 2012
Goshen360: @ bro Ola,

While I also agree with you. I also believe the OP is saying the truth. The qualification and standard for being a MoG is clearly stated in the bible, which is our measuring standard. I am yet to read or hear any scandal about W.F Kumuyi, many others are on a download.....not to condemn any man though.

May the Lord give him more grace to continue the race set before him. I believe that like Elijah thought that he was the only true prophet of God but God told him otherwise. Nevertheless, Pastor Kumuyi remains the only known Nigerian MoG that has not compromised the standard of the Word of God, if you know what I mean.

3 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Goshen360(m): 2:33am On Aug 18, 2012
^
Sure I do. May the Lord strengthen the General. However, am envious of you.....ordered my own stuff, you know what am talking about right? It will arrive tomorrow Saturday or Monday. I "think" I like Henry Morris.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:50am On Aug 18, 2012
Goshen360: ^

Sure I do. May the Lord strengthen the General. However, am envious of you.....ordered my own stuff, you know what am talking about right? It will arrive tomorrow Saturday or Monday. I "think" I like Henry Morris.

Henry Morris was another General of God who has fought his fight and won his crown.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Goshen360(m): 2:55am On Aug 18, 2012
^
It will a blessing to lean on the Holy Spirit and also on the shoulders of such God's General. Stocking myself up with more bible study materials. May the good Lord help us bro.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:01am On Aug 18, 2012

It will a blessing to lean on the Holy Spirit and also on the shoulders of such God's General. Stocking myself up with more bible study materials. May the good Lord help us bro.

May the good Lord help us to finish our course/race that is set before us just as those who have gone before us have done. God's grace is sufficient for us.

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Goshen360(m): 3:28am On Aug 18, 2012
^
Very sure his son, Henry Morris (Jr.) is doing great in the stead of his father. I never knew his father though. However, I have come to like the apologetic approach of the Morris that lives now. I pray God increase the Grace of God on his life also.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:34am On Aug 18, 2012

Very sure his son, Henry Morris (Jr.) is doing great in the stead of his father. I never knew his father though. However, I have come to like the apologetic approach of the Morris that lives now. I pray God increase the Grace of God on his life also.

It is also my prayer that many pastors and overseers would emulate Pastor Kumuyi in honesty and transparency in their ministries.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by ijawkid(m): 6:05am On Aug 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

May the Lord give him more grace to continue the race set before him. I believe that like Elijah thought that he was the only true prophet of God but God told him otherwise. Nevertheless, Pastor Kumuyi remains the only known Nigerian MoG that has not compromised the standard of the Word of God, if you know what I mean.

Are u guys implying that oyedepo,adeboye,oyakhilome,kicc G.O, etc are frauds??

4 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Goshen360(m): 11:23pm On Aug 18, 2012
ijawkid:

Are u guys implying that oyedepo,adeboye,oyakhilome,kicc G.O, etc are frauds??

That is NOT what we are saying bro except you are reading into our words,lolz. What we are saying is, W.F Kumuyi is the "known" popular amongst others who is "scandal free". At least, I agree to the best of my knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by PastorKun(m): 7:25am On Aug 19, 2012
Pastor Kumuyi also subscribes to the fraudulent tithe doctrine hence my reservations about him. It still beats my imagination why any genuine man of God wld be ignorant on the truth about tithes or accept a doctrine derived from obviously twisted scripture.

5 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by ijawkid(m): 7:50am On Aug 19, 2012
Goshen360:

That is NOT what we are saying bro except you are reading into our words,lolz. What we are saying is, W.F Kumuyi is the "known" popular amongst others who is "scandal free". At least, I agree to the best of my knowledge.

Lol.......

Kumuyi is kinda on the simple side...he isn't as extravagant as his colleagues......hope he doesn't own a private jet and some phantoms....lol.....

Just asking o.......

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OmoAlata(f): 8:13am On Aug 19, 2012
ijawkid:

Kumuyi is kinda on the simple side...he isn't as extravagant as his colleagues......

I think the G.O. of Mountain of fire is the same unless una know differently? wink

6 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by ijawkid(m): 8:43am On Aug 19, 2012
Omo Alata:

I think the G.O. of Mountain of fire is the same unless una know differently? wink

Really??

Can we inspect there properties??

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by jeroton: 10:22am On Aug 19, 2012
Me believe that untill we reach hevean that's when we 'll know who is who cos God him self say some will claim they did wonders mirracles manythings in my name and they still belongs to satan.its only God that knows the shaff $ the weed.scandal or scandalous free is not d case

2 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 19, 2012
You will be surprised that there are thousands of unknown , poor but faithful pastors or men of God who no one knows but Christ.

I have no problem with honouring those to whom honour is due to, but with Deeper life I have a major problem with the almost idolisation of a Man.

God knows best.

2 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2012
frosbel: You will be surprised that there are thousands of unknown , poor but faithful pastors or men of God who no one knows but Christ.

I have no problem with honouring those to whom honour is due to, but with Deeper life I have a major problem with the almost idolisation of a Man.

God knows best.

While it may be true that some do idolise Pastor Kumuyi but don't say what you don't know. He is doing his best to discourage us from idolising him. I once witnessed him telling off the congregation who missed him after being away abroad for some missionary trips. He told us off by saying something to the effect that: 'Am I God'? He made us realise that whether he is around or not we should come to church to worship God and not man.

If you have personal problems with the church I'll advise you to sort it out amicably instead of this campaign of calumny.

11 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

While it may be true that some do idolise Pastor Kumuyi but don't say what you don't know. He is doing his best to discourage us from doing idolising him. I once witnessed him telling off the congregation who were missed him after being away abroad for some missionary trips. He told us off by saying that something to the effect that: 'Am I God'? He made us realise that whether he is around or not we should come to church to worship God and not man.

If you have personal problems with the church I'll advise you to sort it out instead amicably instead of this campaign of calumny.

I made an innocent and simple statement, not sure why you have a problem with it.

Besides, I attended deeper life for a few years and noted that he is idolised, I never said he encouraged it

We should focus on Christ and not Man, Christ is our helper, teacher and redeemer.

5 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2012
frosbel:

I made an innocent and simple statement, not sure why you have a problem with it.

Besides, I attended deeper life for a few years and noted that he is idolised, I never said he encouraged it

We should focus on Christ and not Man, Christ is our helper, teacher and redeemer.

Having attended 'deeper life' for a few years, are you saying that you didn't learn any of the doctrines of the Bible or you did but just didn't believe in them?

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Goshen360(m): 7:33pm On Aug 20, 2012
@ Bro. Ola,

Please, how do I get the access code to Henry Morris Study Bible? I "think" I heard you talked about it on one thread, am not sure which one about the one you got that came with an Internet access bundle or something like that. Mine just arrived but I can't find anything of such online access code therein....or maybe I mistaken your words anyway. Kindly put me through if any positive suggestions. Thanks
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by ijawkid(m): 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

While it may be true that some do idolise Pastor Kumuyi but don't say what you don't know. He is doing his best to discourage us from doing idolising him. I once witnessed him telling off the congregation who were missed him after being away abroad for some missionary trips. He told us off by saying that something to the effect that: 'Am I God'? He made us realise that whether he is around or not we should come to church to worship God and not man.

If you have personal problems with the church I'll advise you to sort it out instead amicably instead of this campaign of calumny.

Oh!!!!!!!

So ur a deeper lifer??

That's cool.......
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:27pm On Aug 20, 2012
Impossible.
Do not exist honest pastors.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Having attended 'deeper life' for a few years, are you saying that you didn't learn any of the doctrines of the Bible or you did but just didn't believe in them?

you mean doctrines of the church not the doctrines of the bible. I do not have to belong to deeper life to be called a Christian. The bible is my companion and my closest companion at that , not church doctrine.

I believe in the doctrines of the bible as contained in the bible not as presented by a physical church.

For example telling people that they are under a curse for not tithing is wrong, absolutely so.

But hey we are on the same page with respect to salvation , holiness, restitution , deity of Christ etc.

I also am most thankful to Pastor Kumuyi for grounding me and many others in the word of God and encouraging a very healthy interest in examining the scriptures. I still have this thirst today.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:32pm On Aug 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Well Olaa ...
A man can not be wrong all the time ...
If you live at the expense of the tithe (which as noted is indeed immoral iun)
At least he should seduce fools into paying ...
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
frosbel:

you mean doctrines of the church not the doctrines of the bible. I do not have to belong to deeper life to be called a Christian. The bible is my companion and my closest companion at that , not church doctrine.

I believe in the doctrines of the bible as contained in the bible not as presented by a physical church.

For example telling people that they are under a curse for not tithing is wrong, absolutely so.

But hey we are on the same page with respect to salvation , holiness, restitution , deity of Christ etc.

I also am most thankful to Pastor Kumuyi for grounding me and many others in the word of God and encouraging a very healthy interest in examining the scriptures. I still have this thirst today.

I meant what I said with the statement 'doctrines of the Bible'. The doctrines of the church is also the doctrines of the Bible. Below is an abridged form of the Bible doctrines we believe. How many of them do you object to?

https://dclm.org/about/what-we-believe/
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I meant what I said with the statement 'doctrines of the Bible'. The doctrines of the church is also the doctrines of the Bible. Below is an abridged form of the Bible doctrines we believe. How many of them do you object to?

http://dclm.org/AboutUs/WhatWeBelieve/DoctrinesShortForm/tabid/158/Default.aspx

So the doctrines of deeper life are all of the bible right ?

What about the doctrines of the Apostolic faith church , RCCG, Assemblies etc , are they the doctrines of the bible as well ?
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2012
frosbel:

So the doctrines of deeper life are all of the bible right ?

What about the doctrines of the Apostolic faith church , RCCG, Assemblies etc , are they the doctrines of the bible as well ?

I gave you the list of the doctrines of the Bible that we believe, the onus is now on you to point out the ones you feel are the doctrines of devils. Don't bring other churches into it.

3 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The foundational question we should ask is, "Is Kumuyi a real Christian"? Is a lying tithe preaching goat really a MOG? kumuyi is a charlatan like the rest of them and only undiscerning christians go to his Harlot Church. Wake up and smell the coffee...

2 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
Martian:

The foundational question we should ask is, "Is Kumuyi a real Christian"? Is a lying tithe preaching goat really a MOG? kumuyi is a charlatan like the rest of them and only undiscerning christians go to his Harlot Church. Wake up and smell the coffee...

I refer to the bible for the doctrines of God not church.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
Martian:

And who are you to tell us whether tithes are biblical or not? Do you even believe God exists not to talk of believing in the infallibility of the Word of God?

The fact that atheists, satanists, false teachers and backslidders all agree that the practice of tithing is unbiblical doesn't mean that you are right because one with God is more than a majority.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Real Identity Of 3 Wise Men Who Visited Jesus' Birthplace Revealed By Expert / Lady Leading Praise & Worship Dies In Delta Church After Collapsing / Titilope Adeboye Graduates From Bible College: Leke Adeboye Celebrates His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.