Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,420 members, 7,812,236 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

One Silly Joke - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / One Silly Joke (702 Views)

Count Down Of My Top Ten silly Quotes Of All Time! / Silly Romantic: The Tolu Effect! / Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Silly Joke by justjohn65(m): 11:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
ONE SILY JOKE…………………
Sometimes people make jokes without considering the repercussion. I have a story to share with you.
I have a friend who got married to a soldier; he was a colonel in the army. He was sent for peace keeping in the Sudan so for three years he didn't see his family. Finally he was reassign to his country. He was so happy to be back home with his wife and son. The night of his arrival was a celebration galore. We where so happy to see him.

Three weeks after his arrival something happened that changed our mindset. Colonel woke up one morning wanting to spend some time with his wife, after they exchanged greetings they went through their plans for the day. My friend suggested they go to the beach and relax, while the man wanted to go somewhere quiet. After some time they decided to go to the beach.
They where in the living room about to leave the house when a man came to deliver a letter to my friend. Immediately the man left the house she opened the envelop with great expectation in her eyes.
She looked at her husband, who was wondering what was going on, honey I'm pregnant she said, the colonel couldn't believe it, he rushed her and swooped her off her feet. In the midst of the excitement he took the paper from her hand wanting to confirm what the wife had just told him. He stopped moving, the expression in his face has changed, he looked at her and asked how many weeks pregnant, she sensing a different tone in his voice replied, it’s in the report. This paper said you are four weeks gone. Yes she replied. But I just got back three weeks ago.
In the midst of this confusion Tony walked in. hello everybody how was your night? Nobody answered he turned and face the door, it seems like I came at a wrong time I better take my leave. At that point she rushed to tony and sized him. You not going to leave me here, you place me in this mess you will take me out of it. At this time the colonel was as confused as ever. He gave tony the report, I see you are responsible for this and I call you my best friend. You’ve been sleeping with my wife since I left the country. He left the living room and went up stairs. Few minutes he came back with a gun in his hand he looked at tony smiled and shot him. The wife before she could say anything she was down in the pool of her blood.

The colonel walked out to the balcony trying to process the betrayal of his wife when he saw Tony’s wife walking towards him smiling. Good morning colonel, still smiling. How did it go? How did what go the colonel asked? Starting to raise his voice. Take it easy colonel I just came to find out about the joke your wife and my husband planned to pull on you. What joke asked the colonel? Okay they forged a report about pregnancy and we made a bet that you will fall for it while tony said you are too analytical to fall for such kind of joke so how did it go. At this point the colonel loosed it took his gun and shot Tony’s wife.

He looked at Toni’s wife on the ground, and he started laughing, it’s a joke hmm, it’s a joke he muttered before shooting himself. The young son of the colonel came down only to see his mom lying down dead as well as his uncle tony. He ran outside and found his dad and aunty dead. Five years old jimmy what is he going to do? He just lost his mom and dad because of a joke.
Be careful one silly joke can cost you your life. Take care on the things you joke about and who you joke with. Life is too important to waste on frivolity.
Re: One Silly Joke by ifex370(m): 1:25am On Dec 23, 2013
undecided the last line made it sound like "copy n paste

nice tho,incase i make fp

1 Like

Re: One Silly Joke by justjohn65(m): 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
its not copy and paste, It is my intellectual construction. Just stressing a point at d extent people go with jokes these days. thanks anyway for ur comment.
Re: One Silly Joke by bukkylicious: 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
Very silly joke indeed

1 Like

Re: One Silly Joke by justjohn65(m): 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
bukkylicious: Very silly joke indeed
ya ya
Re: One Silly Joke by ifex370(m): 12:02am On Dec 28, 2013
tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Read A Chapter A Day Project-be Part Of It / The Poem I’d Never Write / Tents By The Rainbow……..episode 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.