Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,613 members, 7,955,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:43 PM

"Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" (1107 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Pictures Of Animals Supposedly Praying / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34am On Dec 23, 2013
Someone Said: "Jesus appealed to God on the cross when He himself is God, supposedly."

Response:

When God, the omnipresent Upholder of the Universe, became a Man, He didn’t cease to be the omnipresent Upholder of the Universe. He was limited to time and space, and called God His Father.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by A7(m): 12:45am On Dec 23, 2013
Have no idea what you are trying to pass, are you speaking in tongues? Stupid mythomaniac.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 23, 2013
Technically,He's the Blessed trinity so the son part of him died on the cross and He had to call on the father part of him just to fulfill the scripture and when He said IT IS FINISHED,The Holy Spirit Part of Him took course and that was why he could wake up the third day cus the Holy spirit supersedes death and also to fulfill the scripture and the jews which He already told...'Destroy the temple in 3days and I would rebuild'

1 Like

Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by bizmahn: 1:23am On Dec 23, 2013
Jesus appealed to the father when He was on the cross.The father and the son are two distinct personalities.The father is greater than the son but they are 'one' in purity,purpose,pursuit.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:32am On Dec 23, 2013
A7 +:

Have no idea what you are trying to pass, are you speaking in tongues? Stupid mythomaniac.

Get an afterlife! tongue
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34am On Dec 23, 2013
A7 +:

Get an afterlife! wink --> www.NeedGod.com
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by FromGuiriga(m): 6:01am On Dec 23, 2013
aaronson: Technically,He's the Blessed trinity so the son part of him died on the cross and He had to call on the father part of him just to fulfill the scripture and when He said IT IS FINISHED,The Holy Spirit Part of Him took course and that was why he could wake up the third day cus the Holy spirit supersedes death and also to fulfill the scripture and the jews which He already told...'Destroy the temple in 3days and I would rebuild'

1/3 of God died brother?
Is that what you are saying here?
Give thanks.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by FromGuiriga(m): 6:13am On Dec 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Someone Said: "Jesus appealed to God on the cross when He himself is God, supposedly."

Response:

When God, the omnipresent Upholder of the Universe, became a Man, He didn’t cease to be the omnipresent Upholder of the Universe. He was limited to time and space, and called God His Father.

Omnipresent and limited at the same time?
When God became MAN and did not cease to be omnipresent, how come there is no records of him in South America?
He went to Egypt and thats it brother. He did not visit countries like like Brazil, Mexico to name a few. I mean there is NO record of Jesus in those countries?
For ANYONE to be omnipresent he would at have to be seen in different places at the same time no?
Can you you explain?

Give thanks.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 23, 2013
From_Guiriga:

1/3 of God died brother?
Is that what you are saying here?
Give thanks.
why do you think the bible say,He sent His son to die for us if 1/3 didn't die to fulfill the scripture
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by Joshthefirst(m): 11:49am On Dec 23, 2013
I ddo not understand this particular analogy ola.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
Joshthefirst:

I ddo not understand this particular analogy ola.

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory" (1 Tim 3:16)

The Father and the Spirit are still omnipresent upholder of the universe and therefore invisible, but the Son has finally become Son of man as well as Son of God, and will forever be in His glorified human body. This would continue to be a mystery to the ungodly but to you it is has been revealed. wink
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by FromGuiriga(m): 3:22am On Dec 24, 2013
aaronson: why do you think the bible say,He sent His son to die for us if 1/3 didn't die to fulfill the scripture

I'm not as bright as you might think brother. I want to know if you mean to say that 1/3 of Yahweh died?
Like... Yahweh partially died?

I want to know.

Give thanks.

Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by lanrexlan(m): 8:58am On Dec 24, 2013
From_Guiriga:

I'm not as bright as you might think brother. I want to know if you mean to say that 1/3 of Yahweh died?
Like... Yahweh partially died?

I want to know.

Give thanks.

That's the message he's passing to you bro.When 'Jesus' died according to them,god died partly.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 24, 2013
lanrexlan: That's the message he's passing to you bro.When 'Jesus' died according to them,god died partly.
I don't think God died bro.. Deity don't die..The Man Jesus died.The God Jesus resurrected.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Someone Said: "Jesus appealed to God on the cross when He himself is God, supposedly."

This qualifies for understatement of the year.

Here are the words in question (Mark 15:34) Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani ? "my God, my God why hast thou forsaken me ?"

A cry of utter anguish, desolation and despair if ever there was one. And who was making this cry of anguish ? Jesus himself.
Long before christian reverse engineers took a hatchet to Jesus' words, with talk of him being one third God, two-thirds spirits and the rest of that none-sense, a man died a harrowing death and made a plea of despair to his father in heaven, it seems absolutely natural to me to call on that whom you feel is your father at such a time, now......if he were God...
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by dareabiola98(m): 11:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
The question starts: 1.He couldn't save himself,yet u call on him to save you and the reality responds 2. If Jesus was a component of God,He should have never had any attribute of man.He slept,he wept,he ate,drank,circumcised,and the list goes on.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by dareabiola98(m): 11:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
1/3 of God died...When xtians explain d trinity,they use an egg...but when the death of jesus comes in...it spoils the egg.If jesus needed saving on that cross,that means he never even wanted to die.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by FromGuiriga(m): 5:00am On Dec 25, 2013
Bidam: I don't think God died bro.. Deity don't die..The Man Jesus died.The God Jesus resurrected.

So Jesus died as a MAN and resurrected as GOD. The GOD or a GOD or part of GOD. I mean, there was already a GOD (Yahweh) that said that besides him there is no other God. At least that he knew of.

Also, if he (Jesus) resurrected as GOD why the world did not end? No new heaven and earth and all the the things that would happen upon his return.

Sorry, I'm a but confused, maybe someone can clear it up.

Give thanks.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 25, 2013
From_Guiriga:

So Jesus died as a MAN and resurrected as GOD. The GOD or a GOD or part of GOD. I mean, there was already a GOD (Yahweh) that said that besides him there is no other God. At least that he knew of.

Also, if he (Jesus) resurrected as GOD why the world did not end? No new heaven and earth and all the the things that would happen upon his return.

Sorry, I'm a but confused, maybe someone can clear it up.

Give thanks.
I mean't the part that died was the flesh which is earthly. He died to raise many sons to glory because except a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies it abides only.

The tomb is empty, no man on earth dies and his tomb remains empty Only Jesus did that.

Jesus is the ressurection and the life,He said so himself and He died to give us a new life which is eternal.

He is coming soon to judge the earth, so He sent someone like me to tell you to repent and believe the good news..Give thanks for that.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:06am On Dec 26, 2013
When God Became Man
December 24, 2013

"Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands" (Hebrews 2:7)

We cannot comprehend what it meant for the infinite Creator God to become finite man, even coming “in the likeness of sinful flesh” (Romans 8:3). Nevertheless, we can, and must, believe it, for “every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God” (1 John 4:3).

The Scriptures have given us a glimpse of the “emptying” that His incarnation required—the setting aside of certain outward aspects of His deity. He had been “so much better than the angels” (Hebrews 1:4), but He had to be “made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death” (Hebrews 2:9)—“put to death in the flesh” (1 Peter 3:18).

The eternal Word “was God” (John 1:1), but it was necessary that “the Word was made flesh” (John 1:14). “The world was made by Him” (John 1:10), but “the princes of this world . . . crucified the Lord of glory” (1 Corinthians 2:8 ).

He “being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God” (Philippians 2:6). That is, He was not fearful of losing His deity and, therefore, did not have to cling to His divine nature and attributes as He became man. Thus, He “made himself of no reputation” (emptying Himself of the outward form of God) “and took upon him the form of a servant” (Philippians 2:7).

Yet that was only the beginning. “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him” (2 Corinthians 5:21). He suffered hell for us, that we might enjoy heaven with Him.

Because He was willing to be so humiliated, He will one day be crowned with glory and honor. “God also hath highly exalted Him, . . . that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord” (Philippians 2:9, 11). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by dareabiola98(m): 9:39am On Dec 27, 2013
Mogbe!!!!....God'll forgive you people o,Do u really read the words that are comint outta ur brain.God humiliated himself,God contradicted is verses that you cannot liken him to anything to prove what point to the men wc he created.O boy!...I dunno what they've been feeding u guys but ur definitely on something
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by dareabiola98(m): 9:39am On Dec 27, 2013
Mogbe!!!!....God'll forgive you people o,Do u really read the words that are comint outta ur brain.God humiliated himself,God contradicted is verses that you cannot liken him to anything to prove what point to the men wc he created.O boy!...I dunno what they've been feeding u guys but ur definitely on something embarassed
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
dareabiola98:

Mogbe!!!!....God'll forgive you people o,Do u really read the words that are comint outta ur brain.God humiliated himself,God contradicted is verses that you cannot liken him to anything to prove what point to the men wc he created.O boy!...I dunno what they've been feeding u guys but ur definitely on something embarassed

Don't fret yourself, Jesus appealed to Yahweh not to Allah.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by FromGuiriga(m): 1:52am On Dec 28, 2013
Bidam: I mean't the part that died was the flesh which is earthly. He died to raise many sons to glory because except a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies it abides only.

The tomb is empty, no man on earth dies and his tomb remains empty Only Jesus did that.

Jesus is the ressurection and the life,He said so himself and He died to give us a new life which is eternal.

He is coming soon to judge the earth, so He sent someone like me to tell you to repent and believe the good news..Give thanks for that.

I understand that the part that died was his "flesh", but so his disciples. He said that they would do greater things than him.
Why not worship them?

Brother do you know where Jesus tomb is?

He said that he would return while the people he was talking to were alive...did he or did he not?

How do I know that you are God's representative?
If you are, tell him that I would like some answers/guidance from him directly.
Can you make that happen?

Give thanks for the reasoning.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by FromGuiriga(m): 3:05am On Dec 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Don't fret yourself, Jesus appealed to Yahweh not to Allah.

[color=#000099]Brother, can you give me the scripture where where Jesus appealed to "Yahweh"

Give thanks.
[Color]
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
From_Guiriga:

[color=#000099]Brother, can you give me the scripture where where Jesus appealed to "Yahweh"

Give thanks.
[Color]

You may have to ask the skeptic who asked the question in the OP. undecided
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by FromGuiriga(m): 11:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You may have to ask the skeptic who asked the question in the OP. undecided

Is there a scripture brother?
You are knowledgeable on this thing that is why I ask you.
Re: "Jesus Appealed To God On The Cross When He Himself Is God, Supposedly" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08pm On Jan 02, 2014
From_Guiriga:

Is there a scripture brother?
You are knowledgeable on this thing that is why I ask you.

"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?...." (Matthew 27:46).

(1) (Reply)

.. / The Lords Chosen 2 Days Crusade Commenced Today At Ibadan / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/01/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.