Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Christmas Is Idolatrous - W.F. Kumuyi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Is Idolatrous - W.F. Kumuyi (490 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / Pastor W.f Kumuyi In Tivs Attire. / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Is Idolatrous - W.F. Kumuyi by flaxton(m): 7:15am On Dec 23, 2013
I don't know why men of God find it hard to deal with issues affecting their environment negatively and to direct the mindset of their followers thru a virtuous path other than criticizing doctrines and Saying what they feel is wrong. This same man of God, in the 80s, criticized the use of Television as things that would make you sin. His ministry is currently being beemed live on MyTV. Where Are We Going Guys
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous - W.F. Kumuyi by Danhumprey: 7:44am On Dec 23, 2013
You are only taking things to the extreme. Did he really said the Christmas is idolatry? If he did,then he has his reasons and could be ready to back it up with proof.

To me,I think Christmas is idolatry. If the purpose of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus,then I think judging from the Scripture,we've got it all wrong. Consider! Nowhere in the Bible were we told the exact date when Jesus was born or that Jesus was born on the 25th of December. We arrive at that date from a pagan tradition of Rome in which they celebrate the Sun god. That in itself is idolatry(worshipping of anything other than the true God who created the Heaven and the Earth). Consider that for yourself.

As for the Television part,you people blew it out of proportion. He didn't say having a television is sin,rather what you watch on the television,if care is not taken,could make you to sin. Get it? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Christmas : Carrying The Cross / how are you spending the LAST SUNDAY OF THE YEAR / Pope Francis 2014 Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.