Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Christmas : Carrying The Cross - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas : Carrying The Cross (494 Views)

Shocking! Pregnant Teenage Girl Claims To Be Carrying The Child Of Jesus (photo) / TB Joshua Carrying Bags Of Rice (Picture) / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christmas : Carrying The Cross by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 25, 2013
I will be focusing on the cross of Jesus today. The cross Jesus died on signifies a lot.  Although it was a sacrifice so our sins maybe be forgiven but theres also a lesson to be learnt from it.The phrase "carry your cross" is on the lips when people come to us to help them solve their problems or we are quick to give our cross to people who we think dont mind helping us carry their cross failing to understand one of the main reasons Jesus taught us about the cross. 

Jesus carried his cross for a long distance despite being flogged, drained and the situation. Jesus could have given God the cross to carry but he carried it.What I'm simply trying to say is that we should emulate Jesus, we shouldn't be after to carry our cross or that of others. Giving money doesn't mean carrying the cross. Take the problems on your head. Some peoples cross is just to have someone smile at them, some just want to be hugged, some just want some one to talk to. Its not always a material thing.

I beg yoy all today to carry just one cross and also try to carry your cross too. Its what Jesus did and thats what Christmas is about. Its about love. Would you let someone you love carry their cross alone? I dont think so. Love is the key. When you love someone, for example, a guy loves a girl, he will help her carry her heavy bags, shopping bags, books etc which is good because its all love but we should not just love for our own emotional benefits but love strangers too. Loving people who wont benefit us is the greatest thing ever. Love heals everything.  

There's so many ways to love strangers as there are so many people in need of love in this world.Take your time to reflex on the above message and do as your heart leads you, I hope it leads you to love and carry the cross or crosses.

God bless you and have a merry Christmas everyone.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Is Coming Soon / Learning How To Pray / Praying For The Death Of Your Enemies,is It A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.