Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi (842 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by Hopcy(m): 7:46am On Dec 23, 2013
The General Overseer of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor W.F Kumuyi, has again warned members of the church against celebrating Christmas, saying the annual celebration of Christmas is idolatrous and unscriptural.
Kumuyi warned that partaking in the celebration made Christians to go back from the commandment of Jesus Christ.
The cleric said this on Saturday at the annual national December convention of the church, which held at the church’s camp ground in Ogun State.
He said, “We don’t celebrate Christmas. It actually came from idolatrous background. That is why you don’t hear us sing what they call Christmas carol, Never! We always say it is the December retreat. We are only gathering together because it is the holiday period and love the lord more, and rededicate ourselves more.
“When you find anybody coming in, or any leader, trying to introduce the idolatry of mystery Babylon, that they call Christmas and you want to bring all the Christmas carol saying that is the day that Jesus was born, and you don’t find that in the Acts of the Apostles or in the early church, then you don’t find that in the church either. If you don’t know that before, now you know.”
He warned that any of the church’s leaders that tried to introduce the “idolatry of Christmas” into any section of the church would be sanctioned, while also encouraging other believers in Christ to jettison the celebration as part of their sacrifice to perfection.
Kumuyi said the duty of the church was to make people more like Jesus Christ and not join in worldly celebrations.
“We are not trying to make the church turn like the world. We want it to be like Jesus Christ, and more like the Apostles. If you don’t have that mind with us, then you have permission to go to other places,” he added.
But the Director of Social Communications, Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos, Monsignor Gabriel Osu, in his reaction to Kumuyi’s proclamation, said, “I don’t know what he means by saying the practice of celebrating Christmas is wrong.
www.punchng.com/news/christmas-is-idolatrous-kumuyi/
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by dejt4u(m): 7:55am On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by Alikaxon(m): 7:56am On Dec 23, 2013
What shal I say
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by decrox199(m): 8:02am On Dec 23, 2013
These people sha!idolatory or no idolatory,I know I'm celebrating the birth of my saviour.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by Danhumprey: 8:04am On Dec 23, 2013
I concur with him! Christmas is plain Idolatory. If we say we are celebrating the birth of Christ on December 25th,then I think we've got it entirely wrong,judging from the Scripture. For one,nowhere in the Bible were we told the exact date when Jesus was born or that December 25th was the day He was born. That date is merely an offshoot of a pagan tradition where they celebrate their Sun god. And since then,that date has been integrated into Christendom as the date when Jesus was born. This is entirely paganistic.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by AbuMikey(m): 8:15am On Dec 23, 2013
Danhumprey: I concur with him! Christmas is plain Idolatory. If we say we are celebrating the birth of Christ on December 25th,then I think we've got it entirely wrong,judging from the Scripture. For one,nowhere in the Bible were we told the exact date when Jesus was born or that December 25th was the day He was born. That date is merely an offshoot of a pagan tradition where they celebrate their Sun god. And since then,that date has been integrated into Christendom as the date when Jesus was born. This is entirely paganistic.
undecidedundecided
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by jahsharon: 8:19am On Dec 23, 2013
Christians should put their house together before atheism overtakes Christianity. Church leaders cannot agree on Christmas but they can agree on politicians.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by Acidosis(m): 8:33am On Dec 23, 2013
jahsharon: Christians should put their house together before atheism overtakes Christianity. Church leaders cannot agree on Christmas but they can agree on politicians.

What is this?

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by Acidosis(m): 8:35am On Dec 23, 2013
Pastor W.F Kumuyi is 100% correct.

Santa Claus indeed grin grin

Santa kor , Banta ni grin grin grin
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 23, 2013
Praise Buddha, somebody.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by kambo(m): 11:09am On Dec 23, 2013
All these mog that want to impose their ideologies on their members. Sure there are idolatarous scents around chrstian holidays like easter and christmas owg to the odious pagan influence of catholicsm but tht doesnt warrant thrwg the baby out wth d bath water.
Re educate members and excise the pagan aspect.
Its even unbiblical to not celebrate.
Wen God created the wrld he commemorated it.
Wen God promised to never destroy d wrld with a flood he commemorated it with a rainbow.
When God slew d frst born of egypt and finally broke pharoah's obstinacy ,he commemorated it with d feast of passover.
How much more shudnt d church commemorate d day a MAN wud b born to save the wrld from sin.
It shudnt b treated like another day. It's GOD birthday.
The attitude shud b diffrent though its not a time for hedonistic feastg but godly rejoicg.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
sureteeboy: The pastor in a message
broadcasted live said the birth
of Christ should not only be
celebrated just once in year but
everyday.

Doesn't this sound contradictory?. If Christ is to be celebrated everyday. Is December 25 not inclusive?
I even noticed Kumuyi is on facebook. omg has anyone told him that the founder of facebook is not a Christian.
I also thought TV is not in the bible but it looks like he was on TV too. Facebook, TV's etc were are not in the bible o and him and his members are using them. He not only allows his members use them,but he too? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I guess he's just seeking relevance again.
Anyway, since after he was caught on camera smiling from cheek to cheek at his son's wedding when the wife was dressed in everything he preaches against(more like wedding made in hell), then I concluded he probably agrees that nothing is wrong with some of those things he condemns.

It's always the members that will carry everything on their head. I wont be surprised if him and his children are caught on camera again rocking Christmas celebration(after all his sermon suggests that Christmas should be celebrated everyday not only December 25th)
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hopcy: The General Overseer of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor W.F Kumuyi, has again warned members of the church against celebrating Christmas, saying the annual celebration of Christmas is idolatrous and unscriptural.
Kumuyi warned that partaking in the celebration made Christians to go back from the commandment of Jesus Christ.
The cleric said this on Saturday at the annual national December convention of the church, which held at the church’s camp ground in Ogun State.
He said, “We don’t celebrate Christmas. It actually came from idolatrous background. That is why you don’t hear us sing what they call Christmas carol, Never! We always say it is the December retreat. We are only gathering together because it is the holiday period and love the lord more, and rededicate ourselves more.
“When you find anybody coming in, or any leader, trying to introduce the idolatry of mystery Babylon, that they call Christmas and you want to bring all the Christmas carol saying that is the day that Jesus was born, and you don’t find that in the Acts of the Apostles or in the early church, then you don’t find that in the church either. If you don’t know that before, now you know.”
He warned that any of the church’s leaders that tried to introduce the “idolatry of Christmas” into any section of the church would be sanctioned, while also encouraging other believers in Christ to jettison the celebration as part of their sacrifice to perfection.
Kumuyi said the duty of the church was to make people more like Jesus Christ and not join in worldly celebrations.
“We are not trying to make the church turn like the world. We want it to be like Jesus Christ, and more like the Apostles. If you don’t have that mind with us, then you have permission to go to other places,” he added.
But the Director of Social Communications, Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos, Monsignor Gabriel Osu, in his reaction to Kumuyi’s proclamation, said, “I don’t know what he means by saying the practice of celebrating Christmas is wrong.
www.punchng.com/news/christmas-is-idolatrous-kumuyi/

And I hope he doesn't hold church services on sundays until he shows where sunday was mentioned in the bible or became scriptural cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by plappville(f): 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
kambo: All these mog that want to impose their ideologies on their members. Sure there are idolatarous scents around chrstian holidays like easter and christmas owg to the odious pagan influence of catholicsm but tht doesnt warrant thrwg the baby out wth d bath water.
Re educate members and excise the pagan aspect.
Its even unbiblical to not celebrate.
Wen God created the wrld he commemorated it.
Wen God promised to never destroy d wrld with a flood he commemorated it with a rainbow.
When God slew d frst born of egypt and finally broke pharoah's obstinacy ,he commemorated it with d feast of passover.
How much more shudnt d church commemorate d day a MAN wud b born to save the wrld from sin.
It shudnt b treated like another day. It's GOD birthday.
The attitude shud b diffrent though its not a time for hedonistic feastg but godly rejoicg.

How can you say this?

“Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.” (John 1:1-3)

“For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.” (Colossians 1:16)

You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honour and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” (Revelation 4:11)

Everything in existence was made by God.
This means that God has preceded eveything. So there could have been nothing that made G od. Ha has always existed, HE can't have a birthday. He has no specific start time. But man has fabricated one and tagged it to God.

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.” (Revelation 4:8
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by Frankenstein: 2:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by koboko69: 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kamsy10:

And I hope he doesn't hold church services on sundays until he shows where sunday was mentioned in the bible or became scriptural cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

What is this one saying now?

I choose to concur to the man of God!
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by koboko69: 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
decrox199: These people sha!idolatory or no idolatory,I know I'm celebrating the birth of my saviour.

What do u do on xmas day? Eat, drink and get drunk, go to elegushi, ...party around, do all sort of sinful acts.....all in the name of christmas. Guess thats how u celeberate the birth of ur saviour!
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous –kumuyi by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
koboko69:

What is this one saying now?

I choose to concur to the man of God!

So do you go to church on sundays? Welcome to our world of idolatory.hahahahahaha
Are you on facebook? welcome on board.
You're even on nairaland< welcome faithful servant
Do you have TV, you're most welcome cos last time I checked deeper lifers were not allowed to use TV
Do you celebrate birthdays, wedding anniversary, church anniversary, We're all together.hahahahahhaha. cant help laughing

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: New, Shocking CCTV Footage Of Synagogue Collapse / Modus De Non Decimando Non Valet, Black Law Dictionary, Pg 1734 / Of Moses, Yahshua And Passover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.