Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,965 members, 7,821,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? (1656 Views)

TB Joshua Returns The Tithe Of A Widower And Father Of 3 / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 23, 2013
My bros as a lawyer who is also into estate management had this deal where he had 800k as his 10%. He removed 80k as 10% tithe and paid to the church. Within a week, there was a problem on the property and he is made to refund the money to the buyer. Now, should he approach the church management to refund the paid 10% as tithe?

What is your say? Abeg help cos me i want to get back the money even if he's not willing to.

1 Like

Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 23, 2013
Redbenson,You don start grin
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 23, 2013
Tell ya brother say the money don enter voicemail grin grin grin
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by mikael78: 8:51am On Dec 23, 2013
Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah my belle o

Pics

Or

It

Didn't

Hapen!!

You and your bro should

GO nd DIE!!
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 23, 2013
lynpetra: Redbenson,You don start grin

Start how? This is not a laughing matter o. Am very serious here.
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Taiwo20(m): 8:55am On Dec 23, 2013
You don enter one chance. Go explain to you Paito
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 23, 2013
pDude: Tell ya brother say the oney don enter voicemail grin grin grin

Voicemail how? Dont the church have savings account? Are they so eager in spending money once it gets to them?
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 23, 2013
RedBenson:

Start how? This is not a laughing matter o. Am very serious here.

Forget the owo,God wud provide again.
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by eduson33(m): 9:11am On Dec 23, 2013
if>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Acidosis(m): 9:20am On Dec 23, 2013
I know the mods would soon place this garbage on front page just to further ridicule the Church of God.

2 Likes

Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by uboma(m): 9:21am On Dec 23, 2013
@ op, your thread is so damn funny that my neighbour is wondering what is making me laugh out so loud. Your Uncle shouldn't even bother approaching the Church for the 80K because as someone said *e don enter voice mail*. But for the benefit of doubt, encourage your Uncle to try and see if the money will be refunded to him.

Cheers
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 23, 2013
lynpetra:

Forget the owo,God wud provide again.

5 reasons why the money shld be forgotten just like that.
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by PastorKun(m): 9:28am On Dec 23, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 23, 2013
Acidosis: I know the mods would soon place this garbage on front page just to further ridicule the Church of God.

This is not meant to ridicule any church. It's just a reality scene that seeks for opinion.
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:44am On Dec 23, 2013
RedBenson:

This is not meant to ridicule any church. It's just a reality scene that seeks for opinion.

A tobacco company will first pay damages from a law suit before a church will refund your tithe!

Even though the devourer took the remain 720k the pastor will never ever ver refund that money!!! No matter the church
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 23, 2013
RedBenson:

5 reasons why the money shld be forgotten just like that.

Because its tithe money,nobody forced him to pay,you don't take back what you have given out freely,the money don enter voicemail,finally if Redbenson collect am,na for inside Ashina kpekus d money go finish tongue tongue embarassed
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Acidosis(m): 9:54am On Dec 23, 2013
You see, its funny...

Your bro walked down to church to drop his tithe. Pastor didn't come to his house to force the tithe out of his pocket, so why the demand for a refund?

Be sincere with yourself, when you give to anyone, needy, poor, friends, do you go back for a refund?

Keep on with the ridicule
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by PastorKun(m): 10:00am On Dec 23, 2013
Acidosis: I know the mods would soon place this garbage on front page just to further ridicule the Church of God.

The true church of God has absolutely nothing to do with tithing as we all know tithing as it is practised today is a modern invention derived from fraudulently twisting scriptures.

2 Likes

Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by PastorKun(m): 10:03am On Dec 23, 2013
Acidosis: You see, its funny...

Your bro walked down to church to drop his tithe. Pastor didn't come to his house to force the tithe out of his pocket, so why the demand for a refund?

Be sincere with yourself, when you give to anyone, needy, poor, friends, do you go back for a refund?

So it's now 'give' when the issue of refund comes up. I taught it was a payment based on increase as some charlatans would have us believe. Since the increase has been devoured it only makes sense the payment be refunded.

4 Likes

Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The true church of God has absolutely nothing to do with tithing as we all know tithing as it is practised today is a modern invention derived from fraudulently twisting scriptures.

Thank you sir!
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 23, 2013
lynpetra:

Because its tithe money,nobody forced him to pay,you don't take back what you have given out freely,the money don enter voicemail,finally if Redbenson collect am,na for inside Ashina kpekus d money go finish tongue tongue
embarassed

Listen, the 10% was paid based on condition that if u make an income, let 10% of it be paid as tithe, now the deal that brought abt this income was nullified at d end of d day, so why then do u not have reasons to ask for refund of d paid tithe? It wasn't a gift, rather, it was a tithe and as d deal didnt go as expected when d tithe was paid, a refund shld be made available for d payer. Is that bad or too much to ask for?

1 Like

Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 23, 2013
uboma: @ op,
your thread is so damn funny that my neighbour is wondering what is
making me laugh out so loud. Your Uncle shouldn't even bother
approaching the Church for the 80K because as someone said *e don enter
voice mail*. But for the benefit of doubt, encourage your Uncle to try
and see if the money will be refunded to him.

Cheers

Exactly what i am pressing at. D money shld be refunded since d deal wasnt a sealed one.
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 23, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

A tobacco company will first pay damages from a law suit before a church will refund your tithe!

Even though the devourer took the remain 720k the pastor will never ever ver refund that money!!! No matter the church

They can do it any how they want but all i want is a refund of d money since d deal was anulled at some points.
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 23, 2013
Lmao this is so funny! grin
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 23, 2013
cheesy undecided lipsrsealed grin grin ;DU got receipt, right? By all means, go ahead. Or unleash the creditors on the Church

1 Like

Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 23, 2013
Acidosis: You see, its funny...

Your bro walked down to church to drop his tithe. Pastor didn't come to
his house to force the tithe out of his pocket, so why the demand for a
refund?

Dont know where u got d idea of ridicule from or is tithe now 'a gift'? You paid cos u believe u have had an income, but along d line, d source was anulled, what do u do then?
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by fredx4(m): 10:41am On Dec 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

So it's now 'give' when the issue of refund comes up. I taught it was a payment based on increase as some charlatans would have us believe. Since the increase has been devoured it only makes sense the payment be refunded.
God bless you sir. When advocating for the paying of tithes they will say stuffs like "you are stealing from God" "it is a sin that can take you to hell" "the devourer will devour your harvest" but now that the issue is about refunding the tithe, they are saying he gave it out freely. Bunch of hypocrites.

5 Likes

Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by abbeyty(m): 10:41am On Dec 23, 2013
Did your brother collect his tithe receipt ? if yes he can still get a refund
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 23, 2013
RedBenson:

Listen, the 10% was paid based on condition that if u make an income, let 10% of it be paid as tithe, now the deal that brought abt this income was nullified at d end of d day, so why then do u not have reasons to ask for refund of d paid tithe? It wasn't a gift, rather, it was a tithe and as d deal didnt go as expected when d tithe was paid, a refund shld be made available for d payer. Is that bad or too much to ask for?

Ok!Don't get me wrong,sentiments aside,you are right!But It's somehow cheesy cheesy.The pastor go shock o
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by cold(m): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2013
@op,your brother should approach his pastor and explain the situation to him.The tithe has been nullified with the recent turn of events.If his pastor declines to refund the money or give him some excuse like 'God will provide an alternative' ,'i'll be praying for you' or some other inane excuses they come up with,it will only confirm what we already know.Whilst i don't intend to get into the religious debate,I can't help but wonder at the peculiarities of some these beliefs.Does god have a bank account?

1 Like

Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by Ralphjoe(m): 11:32am On Dec 23, 2013
Heheheheheheheh, what a funny thread, op tell that your bro to go & meet his pastor, he has every right to make that move, if he refuses, then come & meet us for further advice... Datz all
Re: Should Church Refund The Tithe To My Brother? by ignis: 12:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
The op is lying... He just sat down and fabricate this story, just to make a ridicule of the church.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Faith Is The Greatest Job VS Abraham? / Who Incited David To Count The Fighting Men Of Israel? / Contradictions On The Death Account Of Judas In Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.