Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,170 members, 7,953,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:12 PM

Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame (1624 Views)

'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 / Nollywood To Start Producing Ijaw Films / FG To Invest N75 Billion In Nollywood To Support Entertainment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by Ikengawo: 3:00am On Dec 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpAFDaaTz0M

Why is it that in Nigeria that talent and merit is neglected so much? If this was the face of our movie industry we would be comparable to the best of Hollywood anyway
Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by dejt4u(m): 6:49am On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by Guykhena(m): 7:23am On Dec 24, 2013
Um,just passing by
Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by akpomeme(m): 7:24am On Dec 24, 2013
What was he sorry for? I am guessing he was the rapist as well.
Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by Guykhena(m): 7:27am On Dec 24, 2013
Why I hate nigeria movie directors,,they don't want to spend much in making movies but they wanna earn,mtchew,,,check out the blockbuster movie The Avengers,,the directors,producers,Marvel spent 200million dollars in making it,and they earned over 5billion dollars worldwide,breaking different records,,,when will naija movies evolve,,,,when I get to that state I will change our movies and make them spectacular
Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by zeekz(m): 7:46am On Dec 24, 2013
Guykhena: Why I hate nigeria movie directors,,they don't want to spend much in making movies but they wanna earn,mtchew,,,check out the blockbuster movie The Avengers,,the directors,producers,Marvel spent 200million dollars in making it,and they earned over 5billion dollars worldwide,breaking different records,,,when will naija movies evolve,,,,when I get to that state I will change our movies and make them spectacular
simply put their is something called piracy remember and it is costing them alot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by oleary(m): 7:59am On Dec 24, 2013
Guykhena: Why I hate nigeria movie directors,,they don't want to spend much in making movies but they wanna earn,mtchew,,,check out the blockbuster movie The Avengers,,the directors,producers,Marvel spent 200million dollars in making it,and they earned over 5billion dollars worldwide,breaking different records,,,when will naija movies evolve,,,,when I get to that state I will change our movies and make them spectacular
A typical money loving Nigerian would rather sponsor a politician than an entrepreneur talkless of sponsoring the production of a movie which does not guaranty high returns because of piracy.

1 Like

Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by Guykhena(m): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2013
oleary: .
A typical money loving Nigerian would rather sponsor a politician than an entrepreneur talkless of sponsoring the production of a movie which does not guaranty high returns because of piracy.
. There are different ways of avoiding piracy,,like what hollywood do,,they have specific release dates on cinemas,,so it would be totally impossible to get it b4 den,,how I wish our nollywood could learn or better still copy from them
Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by Temismith(f): 8:14am On Dec 24, 2013
I wish i could comment, but my hands are tied sad.

1 Like

Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 24, 2013
ohhh
Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 25, 2013
Guykhena: . There are different ways of avoiding piracy,,like what hollywood do,,they have specific release dates on cinemas,,so it would be totally impossible to get it b4 den,,how I wish our nollywood could learn or better still copy from them
. Compare the nos of cinemas in US to the nos in Nigeria. Also ask yourself how many times u went to the cinemas this year.
Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by Guykhena(m): 7:19am On Dec 25, 2013
idprincess: . Compare the nos of cinemas in US to the nos in Nigeria. Also ask yourself how many times u went to the cinemas this year.
. Only for the hollywood movies dear
Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by Originalsly: 7:33pm On Dec 25, 2013
Guykhena: . There are different ways of avoiding piracy,,like what hollywood do,,they have specific release dates on cinemas,,so it would be totally impossible to get it b4 den,,how I wish our nollywood could learn or better still copy from them
Why say things you don't know about? Many of the mu,h anticipated Hollywood movies were pirated and available on the streets before the movie opened in cinemas or a few days after. FYI they are now not as widely pirated because it is now a Federal crime... a felony ....heavy fines/and jail time. @topic....interesting film. Just goes to show it is not all about the budget. New faces...wayyyy better acting than the hmmm...celebrity screamers. These guys are just being suppressed. Hope this kind of exposure would attract a sensible producer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 26, 2013
Incase you don't know OP, there are many other Nigerian short films out there....why are you talking as if this is like a second Quality Short film made in Nigeria? undecided undecided undecided. Nawa o....
Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by Guykhena(m): 7:01am On Dec 27, 2013
Originalsly: Why say things you don't know about? Many of the mu,h anticipated Hollywood movies were pirated and available on the streets before the movie opened in cinemas or a few days after. FYI they are now not as widely pirated because it is now a Federal crime... a felony ....heavy fines/and jail time. @topic....interesting film. Just goes to show it is not all about the budget. New faces...wayyyy better acting than the hmmm...celebrity screamers. These guys are just being suppressed. Hope this kind of exposure would attract a sensible producer.
. U just showed your ignorance,like the movie Thor 2:The dark world,,it's premier date was on november 9th,,, before all this free movie sites could get it was by 20th and the movie was a cinema record
Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by Originalsly: 11:42am On Dec 29, 2013
Guykhena: . U just showed your ignorance,like the movie Thor 2:The dark world,,it's premier date was on november 9th,,, before all this free movie sites could get it was by 20th and the movie was a cinema record
Slow down...not talking free movie sites...talking available on dvd...even before the premier in cinemas. How?...main two ways...insiders in the production company or from private screenings. They sell a copy to the pirates....and I'm not assuming.
Re: Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame by kraftykc(m): 8:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fantastic piece. Absolutely gorgeous. The dialogue was a little forced at some scenes and the soundtrack was totally manipulative but I enjoyed it. Totally worth watching in a big screen.

(1) (Reply)

Banshee Season 4 / Startimes Compete With TSTV Africa With This / Please Can Anyone Tell Me Where To Download "The God Father" For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.