Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Bitten Abroad By Sylvaprince - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bitten Abroad By Sylvaprince (495 Views)

Poem The Bitten Apple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bitten Abroad By Sylvaprince by sylvaprince(m): 8:09am On Dec 24, 2013
Please Critisisms and comment would be appreciated.......

Their WATER flows in our VEINS
Now, they are thirsty!.

Extract
I had a life or so I'd thought- it's just difficult to place me; living or dead?! where I come from, when people die they stay dead, dead as in still bodies and rotten corpses. But where I am now, things are a bit different, terrors and horrors abound, I have seen men choke on their tonque and gorge out their eyes with glistening knives. When a supposed human prefers the tranquil moon to apollo's light, the world is at a cross road.

Chapter 1
I heard the buzz of the phone, but not just the awful ring volume, I heard the creaks from my wooden bed, I heard the clangs from the church across the street ( the one Rev. Ron died in), I heard the regular tick of the red wall clock, I had won that off Kate this year february when we went camping, even the screech of brakes from the main road which was miles away. Either my hearing abilities were heightened or I was going gaga...and I stick with the latter.
I tried getting up but I couldn't, though I had no visible injury but I was sure Adolf was instigating another war within the confines of my cranium. I rolled on the bed trying to grasp what happened, actually I knew what happened, what I needed to grasp was 'what was happening'. My hands went over my head, brushed my hair and went through my neck, the injury was still there with brick red residue of clot blood, off course it should be there, injuries don't disappear through the night.
I hobbled to the chair afore my mirror, I stared at something that was supposed to be me. It was me actually but something wasn't right, it was like I was alive yesterday and dead today. How could a bite at the neck from one psychotic bastard cause this much change. If I had been a fan of Shawn's 'walking dead' I'l probably have known what was happening. I was dying!
My drifting mind wandered to last night's bizzare incident. I had lay lazily on my preffered spot on my 3-seater blue sofa, a mug in hand, back to the sofa and legs on a stool. And I was enjoying my favorite show on cartoon network 'Tom and Jerry'. Complain if you want to, a part of me never left my childhood and I am probably the only man alive still fascinated by Tom and Jerry, Tele tubbies and Pinoshio at 25.
I was having a nice time, actually I believed I was. Then I heard lucy bark. Could that be Kate?!
You see, lucy is the world's 'docile-est' dog, nothing scares her, nothing starttles her either, she's indifferent to anything and to everything except Kate....or Katrinah as she preferred being called (pronounced Kat-tiri-nah, and getting that name right is still my bane).

Lucy had been my pet dog two months since I arrived the States ( that's about three years now) and not once as she shown fear or anxiety except Kate was in a ten- meter range. The first time I noticed this was about two summers ago, Professor Wil had given us a project and we were stucked in the library. Fortunately or unfortunately, Mrs Haji (the librarian) practically chased us out of the library ( because she was going home or she was baby-sitting somewhere, can't really remember her excuse). So, we decided to move the project to my house, and you could try imagine my reaction when I saw my lazy lucy with her drooping ears scrammble off and run out of sight- and I should have known then! But I didn't.
So, hearing lucy bark now, I knew Kate was at the door.
I was 'this' close to the door when the door bell tickled, I opened the door and behold' standing before me was an angel on earth, she reminded me of Princess Annalina of the Vanhelsing movie.
Katrinah Seally was a beautiful woman, she was infact too beautiful to be human. She had an oblong face, shapely aquiline nose, thin golden lips and large green eyeballs that seem to glow when she's overwhelmed. Her overflowing black hair was neatly packed behind her ears. She was adorned in a skippy white gown with little jewelry and no make up.
"Come In". I said wanton lust evident in my voice
"Hi Dave! The calmness of her voice almost lost in her smile.
I just held my gaze as Kate took fews graceful steps towards me, I smiled, held her hands and led her in.
"You are travelling tomorrow?!"
"I think you know that"
"Oh! I do, that's why I came, our last night together let's go have some fun".
I don't know what I would have done or said, but she never gave me the chance to find out, she made a slint into my room and in a giffy was back with my shirt and pants.
"Get dressed! We are going out".
( I know I should have rejected, maybe if I did my 'life' would have taken a different turn; or rather my 'death').but it wasn't my fault that I dressed up hurriedly, tell me, nobody says no to anything coming from those dainty lips.
.................................2'be Contd
Re: Bitten Abroad By Sylvaprince by Witwicky(m): 8:21am On Dec 24, 2013
Booked space
grin

(1) (Reply)

Publishing 'slash' / The Onion Lover (guys Episode) / Ise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.