Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' (3769 Views)

Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / Bow Wow Disses Romeo / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by bjpumpin(f): 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2008
lotta cats have been clamouring for mode9 to show ruggedbaba who da boss is, fortunately he just listened to that and busted wordsplays and few punchlines to make a big statement, download it here http://rapidshare.com/files/134531324/modenine_ft_banky_w_talkin_to_u_ruggedman_diss.mp3
how does rugged reply after ''speak ur mind'', now this is what i call nigerian hiphop at its finest. we can diss and play with words without using gunz like the americans, now am really enjoying the intellectual battle. what do u guys think bout this ? and how will rugged react?
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by naija4laif: 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2008
;Dwelcome back bolaji grin the forum has missed u grin grin
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by Sico: 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2008
Modenine denied that he dissed Ruggedman on that song, and he was not talking to Ruggedman on it. He actually wrote it on the buzz letter, Tru Spot! sends out. Old news
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by bjpumpin(f): 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2008
naija4laif:

;Dwelcome back bolaji grin the forum has missed u grin grin

thank you. lol
i went on hols in the bahamas. whats poppin. broke is in da buildin.put ur hands up.
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by chasisgirl(f): 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2008
Sico:

Modenine denied that he dissed Ruggedman on that song, and he was not talking to Ruggedman on it. He actually wrote it on the buzz letter, Tru Spot! sends out. Old news

what else do u expect him to say, he is known to be a coward, it shows clearly that he is scared of ruggedman. the worst part is the song is very clear. baba was mentioned many times. so he should get ready to do anoda diss after ruggedy finishes him off with no mercy.

@naijalaif
if ''bee'' went to bahamas nko. what is so special about that.:? lipsrsealed
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by chasisgirl(f): 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2008
to see ruggedybaba's diss to modenine see here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-bkBNkcAiU
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by femzy(m): 12:56am On Aug 04, 2008
bj abeg upload all mode's track you hv got dere,

thanks in advance,
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by royalyinx(m): 2:49am On Aug 04, 2008
Na only Gog go save us from bad belle peeps, These 2 don't have public beefs for themselves oh why una dey try make they fight word war ha ah !!!!
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by Joseph6(m): 2:52am On Aug 04, 2008
as the sayin goes 'no publicity is bad publicity' so even if they are spotted kissin britney-madonna/c.aguilera, notin no how, it would still favour them. so 4 popualrity sake seperate those 2
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by edosioo(f): 5:45am On Aug 04, 2008
femzy:

bj abeg upload all mode's track you hv got dere,

thanks in advance,

dont thank anyone o, if anybody uploads anything there. they will get banned in 24hrs, if u need any cd go and buy it!!! this one i guess is just an advert.
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by chasisgirl(f): 6:04am On Aug 04, 2008
where is javalove to come and spice this thread up. grin
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2008
@chasisgirl
y do u like startin somethin?.No i know say e get as e dey do u.
shats out.
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by dammiecool(m): 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2008
Mode raps tight  but he has to put it into his head dat rugged changed the face of afro hiphop in naija.Let mode come out straight he stop hiding behind so many words,rugged is still no 1 originality is still working for him (spitting in pigin)
So, mode try to spit in pidgin like ur guyz terry da rap, man six foot plus and d rest and dont go 2 war without a good reason cos if you do ruggedy will finish u o.
Mode let d street feel u and improve ur stage performance cos people no dey feel u on stage
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by javalove(m): 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2008
bjpumpin:

lotta cats have been clamouring for mode9 to show ruggedbaba who da boss is, fortunately he just listened to that and busted wordsplays and few punchlines to make a big statement, download it here http://rapidshare.com/files/134531324/modenine_ft_banky_w_talkin_to_u_ruggedman_diss.mp3
how does rugged reply after ''speak your mind'', now this is what i call nigerian hiphop at its finest. we can diss and play with words without using gunz like the americans, now am really enjoying the intellectual battle. what do u guys think bout this ? and how will rugged react?

Thanks bj, modneine is king!!!! that is what we want in this kontry not one idiot mentioning names and yabbing either your personality or your style. i no like that guy one bit

chasisgirl:

what else do u expect him to say, he is known to be a coward, it shows clearly that he is scared of ruggedman. the worst part is the song is very clear. baba was mentioned many times. so he should get ready to do another diss after ruggedy finishes him off with no mercy.

@naijalaif
if ''bee'' went to bahamas nko. what is so special about that.:? lipsrsealed

den ruggedman is a fool if he thinks mode wasnt refering to him on that track. he wants to be spoon fed with disses abiiii? Shebi d mumu dey talk say

"i'm known to name names and flog with cane" - Ruggedman (Speak r mind)

D bobo no no modenine name? Why e never flog am with cane? He's more of a coward dan modenine. na d people wey rugged fit beat e dey fight with. Make in flog modenine terry or even sound sultan with cane, that one na what i refer to as career ruin. Thats d end of his lyfe.

Mode s still keping it real with intellectual lyrics and subliminal disses. I'm feeling him to the bone because i love people who r exceptional in their styles.

I just heared the speak your mind thing again. That uy wackkkkkkkkkk oooooooooo. His lyrics sub par or rated PG - Pure Garbage - as modenine would put it. cheesy

E no sabi yab. even when he does, e go be like make u slap am. She d bobo no go school ni because education no dey reflect for him songs at all. make una c modenine now,

I'm positive i m going to with by losing my electrons - Modenine
I'm too dark so a fair play trophy i don't need - Modenine
At your concert i cheer (chair) u with what i sit on - Modenine

Rugged can't come close because[b] he s not hiphop he's d king of dance hall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

chasisgirl:

to see ruggedybaba's diss to modenine see here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-bkBNkcAiU

hisses, we don hear am tire, this guy is not a hip hop hed, na dance hall e dey do. all the diss lines for d song, which one better pass

this baba that baba/
u not d father, u got intellect myopia/
so when i diss a baba/
its not ethipia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makesmore sense as a diss. More intelligent!!!!!
chasisgirl:

where is javalove to come and spice this thread up. grin

i dey here jare, aw your side. u with me or my enemies ? cheesy

dammiecool:

Mode raps tight but he has to put it into his head that rugged changed the face of afro hiphop in naija.Let mode come out straight he stop hiding behind so many words,rugged is still no 1 originality is still working for him (spitting in pigin)
So, mode try to spit in pidgin like your guys terry da rap, man six foot plus and d rest and don't go 2 war without a good reason because if you do ruggedy will finish u o.
Mode let d street feel u and improve your stage performance because people no dey feel u on stage

R u sure u know what hip hop is? Must someone rap in pigin before he can be felt in naija? Which originality e get? abeg comot for here . . . Modenine go finish am!!!!!!!!!
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by edosioo(f): 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2008
now thats the real javalove in da building!. giving all of them one by one, spoon by spoon plate by plate. hi javalove kiss u rock this thread.
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by javalove(m): 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2008
@edosioo

i dey here jare my dear.nomind dem haters. aw r u doing?
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by eldee(m): 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2008
@javalove
Haba . . . what's with this epistle na cheesy
What's ur beef wiv Rugged sef, this guy is just one intelligent dude that is making good sales from his popular publicity stunts

To me, I respect him, he has a target demographic (the average nigerian youth) and he's doing a good job there

E no sabi yab. even when he does, e go be like make u slap am. She d bobo no go school ni because education no dey reflect for him songs at all
So because he's radio-friendly he's daft now?

we don hear am tire,  this guy is not a hip hop hed, na dance hall e dey do. all the diss lines for d song, which one better pass
The diss-a-baba wordplay has been overplayed too
I think I heard it since January . . .
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by javalove(m): 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2008
@eldee

his intelligence is only in marketing and i respect him at that? Wetin mode do am,abi e won talk say modenine wack? dem no born am well!!

To me, I respect him, he has a target demographic (the average nigerian youth) and he's doing a good job there

there is no musician that doesnt have a target. Modenine says he appeals to the learned community which u and I belong. Students r intelligent, youths r intelligent too so we r all targets of nine.

So because he's radio-friendly he's daft now?

very daft sef. cheesy so na mode no dey radio friendy abi? but really, from d intellectual point of view, mode yabs better. we r doing d bob a favour by comparing him with modenine ooooo gbabe!!!!!! cos modenine pass am with miles!!!
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by eldee(m): 6:33pm On Aug 04, 2008
javalove:

@eldee
his intelligence is only in marketing and i respect him at that? Wetin mode do am,abi e won talk say modenine wack? them no born am well!!
I have nothing against Mode, I don't even listen to Rugged, so I won't know who's wack
I'm saying with the albums from both of 'em I've listened to, Thy Album Come and PentiumX
It's easier for the average nigerian student/youth to relate to Thy Album Come
C'est fini

javalove:

there is no musician that doesnt have a target. Modenine says he appeals to the learned community which u and I belong. Students r intelligent, youths r intelligent too so we r all targets of nine.
I've told you before, listening to Modenine don't mean sumone is intelligent
Aight let's see it like this P-square claimed they sold one mil in six days, are students not the main market?
So, the people that bought Game Over are daft? Negro please, u should know much better

javalove:

@eldee
very daft sef. cheesy so na mode no dey radio friendy abi? but really, from d intellectual point of view, mode yabs better. we r doing d bob a favour by comparing him with modenine ooooo gbabe!!!!!! because modenine pass am with miles!!!
I'm not freaking comparing him to Mode. I'm not even in the position to say who's better
I'm just saying, but to say sumone is stupid cus he's radio-friendly, now that's just plain insane
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by javalove(m): 7:03pm On Aug 04, 2008
I have nothing against Mode, I don't even listen to Rugged, so I won't know who's wack
I'm saying with the albums from both of 'em I've listened to, Thy Album Come and PentiumX
It's easier for the average nigerian student/youth to relate to Thy Album Come
C'est fini

i said every rapper or musician have target audience.

I've told you before, listening to Modenine don't mean sumone is intelligent
Aight let's see it like this P-square claimed they sold one mil in six days, are students not the main market?
So, the people that bought Game Over are daft? Negro please, u should know much better

dis is d part i have to disagree. listening, feeling modenine requires some level of intelligence. he's d only one in this kontry that does it dat way. An average person might not be able to depict his lyrics but its easier for an intelligent fellow to do that.

Playing poker with a fortune's teller tarrot cards . . . u wud be suprised not everyone understands and lot more lines like that.

u to me is floppy, compared to hard drive, lots of dem.

I'm not freaking comparing him to Mode. I'm not even in the position to say who's better
I'm just saying, but to say sumone is stupid cus he's radio-friendly, now that's just plain insane

define radio-friendliness
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by vicade(m): 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2008
I will never ever pay money for a rugged man or mode 9 show but i will pay to see the likes of 9ice,Lord of Ajasa, p square and Mo hits all stars live any day,any place , any time
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by powderPink(f): 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2008
been watching alot of Nigerian rappers and singers lately on you tube and i saw this ruggedman , sorry to say but he is really bad.No i am not sorry. He is bad, really really bad oh so is sasha. I like psquare.
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by Shaz(f): 12:17pm On Aug 05, 2008
Ruggedman ain't worth nada. . he's a punkassed 'wrapper' (not lyricist)
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by dammiecool(m): 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2008
Java love say something about modes stage performance and why rugged remains d most featured rap artist in naija
why ruggedy won the recent hip award n NMA
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by chasisgirl(f): 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2008
THATS WHAT I WANT TO HEAR TOO.AND WHY RUGGEDMAN HAS MORE MONEY THAN MODE9, WHY ILLBLISS WON THE BEST VIDEO IN A NOMINEE GROUP THAT HAS MODE9 , JAVA PLS SAY SOMETHING
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by A40(m): 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2008
Ruggedman started well but he has watered down his rap too much for my liking but the dude can be tight if he wants too.Modenine is obviously better lyrically though
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by fastmoney(m): 9:34am On Aug 06, 2008
you lot tink ur now intelligent cos u listen to modenine, modenine is a very 1 dimensional rapper, have you lot not noticed that 90% of mans lines and bars always gotta do with a computer or programming in some way, for the pass 6 months modenine nut riders have been masturbating to dat diss a baba tune, its old man.
and i know ruggedman has gone so ho lately, but i still rate man than modenine, at least i could listen to ruggeds album but i cant stand modenines annoying accent, and to make matters worst yea, manz is saying he was born in paddington so he gotta have an accent yeah, that bare air cos no one talk like dat around here,
now scream at me,
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by Bamsyle(m): 10:19am On Aug 06, 2008
Let Mode and Rugged be. Both of 'em rock.

Java, I'll continue to say you need to slow down on all this Modenine hype. If he's the same 9 I listen to, he's not on that pedestal you place him.

And stop crucifying Rugged, he's not as bad as you paint him either.
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by eldee(m): 10:41am On Aug 06, 2008
@Bamsyle
Don't mind javalove, I broke everything down for him on YIM
He himself now knows what's what now

When I'm free, I'll get your YIM and settle the Em-Pac thingy too
It's strenous waiting for a reply to a post for years wink
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by Bamsyle(m): 12:01pm On Aug 06, 2008
I'll appreciate that my man *no funny ideas o, I don't do that* cheesy
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by icezik1(m): 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2008
I'm only posting on this thread because I'm a Mode9 fan. Therefore, I agree completely with whatever javalove has said up to this point.

'Nuff Said!
Re: modenine disses ruggedman 'Talking To You' by javalove(m): 11:48am On Aug 08, 2008
@ice

10nks man. no mind dem

(1) (2) (Reply)

AUDIO+VIDEO: Kiss Daniel – Jombo / Have You Heard Of Janelle Monáe? / Pls I Need The Instrumental Beat Of Dija's Awww

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.