Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

My Volkswagen Passat 1999 Will Not Start...pls Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Volkswagen Passat 1999 Will Not Start...pls Help (539 Views)

Please Help, My Volkswagen Touareg Is Acting Funny / Vw Passat 1999-2003 Model Issue. / Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Volkswagen Passat 1999 Will Not Start...pls Help by kabworld(m): 9:48am On Dec 25, 2013
Pls help!!!
Last week I was about to travel but my water pipe was leaking so I needed to branch a nearby mechanic workshop to fix it and was planning to fix my gearsit too. So I drove down to d mechanic to fix it. After fixing d water system he was also trying to fix d gearsit to. So while he was under d car he instructed me to change d gear from park to drive which I Did. So i started the engine, the engine started normally but While I was changing d gear from park to drive, I heard a sound (inside )d gear i guess and reported to d mechanic which he said maybe I Did not press d break firmly. The sound repeated itself while moving from drive back to park. Then I switch off the engine, removed d key thinking everything was still fine only for him to finish about 20mins later, started the engine, making initial cranking sound but didn't power d engine again.
So various things habe been done so far like,
Cleaning d plugs and others.
Some tests carried out include
Timebelt check normal
Nozzles normal flashing
Plugs fires normally with pressure
Fuel pump normal
Cylinder with valves not bent
Sensor working and magnetic even changed to another one
battery is a good one
So please any gpost suggestions to help unravel d mystery of the engine not starting.
PLEASE MAKE UNA HELP OOOO. NA ONLY WATER I WANTED TO CHANGE OOO
Re: My Volkswagen Passat 1999 Will Not Start...pls Help by sultaan(m): 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
your mechanic go have merry same.

The person who messed it up knows what he did no one can fix it online because you need to see to undo what he did
Re: My Volkswagen Passat 1999 Will Not Start...pls Help by Nobody: 1:36am On Dec 27, 2013
give that mech a sound brushing after which you find him a place in the police cell on december 31st thru to Jan 2nd where he will sign docs that he will fix the car for free.....since u took it there starting!
Re: My Volkswagen Passat 1999 Will Not Start...pls Help by ziccoit: 3:50am On Dec 27, 2013
Hope this has nothing to do with ECU trying to shutdown your car to prevent serious damage to your gearbox.
Re: My Volkswagen Passat 1999 Will Not Start...pls Help by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 27, 2013
ziccoit it can be anything and at this junction it might be dangerous profferring solutions remotely, an onsite examination and thorough confession from that mech is needed! Mind you its festive season n he may need some money hence engaging in nefarious activities.

ziccoit: Hope this has nothing to do with ECU trying to shutdown your car to prevent serious damage to your gearbox.
Re: My Volkswagen Passat 1999 Will Not Start...pls Help by ziccoit: 6:43am On Dec 27, 2013
smartchoice: . . . . examination and thorough confession from that mech is needed! Mind you its festive season n he may need some money hence engaging in nefarious activities.

Those clowns ( courtesy of Ikenna) could be dangerous at times.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Prices To Clear These Cars Please. / Nissan Partfinder 2004 Model / Oxygen Sensor Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.