Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

What Can One Do With Just Html? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Can One Do With Just Html? (2692 Views)

Coding A Responsive Slider (HTML, CSS & JAVASCRIPT) / Learn Web Design With Video Tutorials From Nairaland -HTML,CSS,BOOTSTRAP Etc. / Tutorial: How To Return Html In Json Response Using Asp.net And Jquery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can One Do With Just Html? by Rich4god(m): 2:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
Hello friends... I dont know if there is a similar topic like this before, but I just want to know what someone with the knowlegde of just html can do? I know its used for creating a website, but I realy want to know what type of website and how advance the website can be. Thanks.
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
Very funny question... in 1 week yu can learn the most part of css

Well with html yu can create website also only that ur website will be in white background and black text only! It can also contain pictures , lists, forms, dropdown , links etc
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Rich4god(m): 10:02pm On Dec 25, 2013
iam_Demigod: Very funny question... in 1 week yu can learn the most part of css

Well with html yu can create website also only that ur website will be in white background and black text only! It can also contain pictures , lists, forms, dropdown , links etc

You can still change backgroung color with html.
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
Rich4god: You can still change backgroung color with html.

Nope you can't

U need Css to add color to any part of html,

there are 3 ways to applying css:
In an external stylesheet
In an internal stylesheet (at the head section of your html page)
Inline styling within the html code by adding the "style" attribute
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Javanian: 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
rutchiekens:

Nope you can't

This is not true. Most of what you can do in c.s.s. you can do in HTML without c.s.s. C.S.S. is basically an abstraction of the design components of HTML. It makes page design easier, faster, neater and extensible. You should always use it. But that does not mean you can't design with only HTML.

2 Likes

Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Rich4god(m): 1:24am On Dec 26, 2013
rutchiekens:

Nope you can't

there are 3 ways to applying css:
In an external stylesheet
In an internal stylesheet (at the head section of your html page)
Inline styling within the html code by adding the "style" attribute
Just like Javanian said, you can change colors without css. But is it possible for one to build a professional website with just html only.
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Nobody: 3:26am On Dec 26, 2013
Rich4god: You can still change backgroung color with html.
Okay.. smileyHow does one change colors with just html?
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Nobody: 4:04am On Dec 26, 2013
Javanian:

This is not true. Most of what you can do in c.s.s. you can do in HTML without c.s.s. C.S.S. is basically an abstraction of the design components of HTML. It makes page design easier, faster, neater and extensible. You should always use it. But that does not mean you can't design with only HTML.

Even after I've explained how to apply css using one html document people still wan argue

I dey wait una, make una com explain how?
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by tomX1(m): 4:37am On Dec 26, 2013
The fact is with Html you can do alot of the things that CSS enables you to do.
CSS however makes things easier for you.
With mere HTML you can change your background, have background pictures even animated gif and such like as your background etc. I did all the doables with html way back when.
However why stay stuck on barebones html when you can realy add power to your sites with CSS, Javascript, PHP, and such likes. Most of these will only take you anything from a couple of hours to a few days to learn.
In the amount of time you will spend pondering on issues and waiting to get "good advice" on nairaland and elsewhere you could have learnt the basic of just about any scripting language or any tool to compliment your html.

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Fulaman198(m): 6:14am On Dec 26, 2013
You can build a very basic web page
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 26, 2013
@tomX:
The fact is with Html you can do alot of the things that CSS enables you to do.
CSS however makes things easier for you.
With mere HTML you can change your background, have background pictures even animated gif and such like as your background etc. I did all the doables with html way back when.
However why stay stuck on barebones html when you can realy add power to your sites with CSS, Javascript, PHP, and such likes. Most of these will only take you anything from a couple of hours to a few days to learn.
In the amount of time you will spend pondering on issues and waiting to get "good advice" on nairaland and elsewhere you could have learnt the basic of just about any scripting language or any tool to compliment your html.

Oga I said xplain with d code not with words How can u learn javascript and php in a few days

You can read abt them in a few days but u can't learn them in a few days, especially javascript and php
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Javanian: 8:25am On Dec 26, 2013
<body bgcolor="#000000">
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 26, 2013
Javanian: <body bgcolor="#000000">

That's old school coding technique, probably when css didn't exist
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by ghettodreamz(m): 2:17pm On Dec 26, 2013
rutchiekens:

Yes . It's archaic and some old version of the HTML but it still works and that's what matter most. Contrary to your aforementioned claim.

CSS is nothing but just using the right tool for the job, it handles presentations and styling whereas HTML is just for structure and building web page backbones.

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Fulaman198(m): 2:51pm On Dec 26, 2013
rutchiekens:

That's just basic HTML
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by tomX1(m): 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
rutchiekens:

Oga I said xplain with d code not with words How can u learn javascript and php in a few days

You can read abt them in a few days but u can't learn them in a few days, especially javascript and php

To put it simply:
I was onto advance C++ programing by my 16 day of C++ programing.
Html was something I digested within a few hours. When I talk of learning Java script in days I was not talking about me I was setting what I considered a reasonable timeframe for him. I was doing crazy things with Javascript from day 1.
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Ajibel(m): 3:34am On Dec 31, 2013
U may use HTML to compose e-mail msgs embarassed cry
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Rich4god(m): 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
make una no laff me o... The pix below is a snap shot of what i was able to do with html...(dont mind the content of the site, just look at the design). Designed it after somedays of reading ebooks. Plz rate(politely... Am not claiming to be a guru.) will gt more shots as i progress.

3 Likes

Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by tomX1(m): 12:48am On Jan 01, 2014
Not a bad first attempt.
To realy get something beautiful out you need to work more with tables, frames and framesets and you need graphichs and roll overs too. I will paste some tags that you will find helpful.
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by tomX1(m): 1:22am On Jan 01, 2014
Lets start with the <body> tag:
You could actualy add alot in there including background music for your page or background pictures instead of background colors etc.

<bgsound src="myMusic.mp3" loop="-1">
Put this tag just before your body tag and it will add the sound track "myMusic.mp3" as a background track to your page. The loop="-1" bit means the sound track will loop perpertualy. However if you specify a positive value, say 3, then it will loop 3 times. In this case the music will have to be in the same folder as the page. If you use it well it could be very nice but if you use it wrongly then that will be one ugly page to go to.
Note that this tag is one of the few html tags that do not require a closing tag. DONOT ADD </bgsound>

<body topmargin="10" leftmargin="10" background="anyNiceImage.jpg">
This will add the image anyNiceImage.jpg as a background to your site. Could give a realy wonderful effect if well used or it could get realy ugly realy fast.
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Rich4god(m): 10:22am On Jan 01, 2014
@tomX... Thakns alot, seems like realy much could be done with html. But what will you say about the color combination.
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by tomX1(m): 12:11am On Jan 02, 2014
One of the coolest ways I discovered for making a web page is to first get a graphical view of the page. You could get an artist to help out if need be.
You can then chop up the graphical view with a photo editing software. My favourite for web design is Paint shop pro.
Now by using table to organise your page you assign the chopped up pieces of the graphics as the background to the appropriate cells of the table and do any fine tuning needed.
This system has given me great results in the past.

As for the color combination of the page you displayed: well you do know how to use contrast but yellow doesn't just appeal to me (thats my personal preferences). There is only so much you can achieve with background colors. Try using graphics as well.
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by EbenezerTriumph: 5:49am On Aug 02, 2021
Rich4god:
make una no laff me o... The pix below is a snap shot of what i was able to do with html...(dont mind the content of the site, just look at the design). Designed it after somedays of reading ebooks. Plz rate(politely... Am not claiming to be a guru.) will gt more shots as i progress.
are you serious you useed just html to design this site?
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Cybersec: 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2021
Create webpages. It can Also help you in PHP journey if you wish to upgrade
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by 10kgod(m): 6:06am On Aug 03, 2021
Rich4god:

You tried boss... I'm still on HTML ebook...
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Rich4god(m): 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
are you serious you useed just html to design this site?

Yes o unused just html to designed it.

How time flies... 2013 when I was searching for a job and trying out my hands on different things.

Right now, I feel if I had known, I for no start work, probably by now I for done get breakthrough on programming.
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by EbenezerTriumph: 3:18am On Aug 04, 2021
Rich4god:

Yes o unused just html to designed it.

How time flies... 2013 when I was searching for a job and trying out my hands on different things.

Right now, I feel if I had known, I for no start work, probably by now I for done get breakthrough on programming.
I'm Just starting mine oh.
Kindly check out the Screenshot below.
Is he right?

Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by Cybersec: 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
I'm Just starting mine oh.
Kindly check out the Screenshot below.
Is he right?
this is a very good advice if you ask me. I started my journey with purely HTML. Before incorporating Basic language decades ago. Was stuck on that for many years before trying out more advanced stuffs. Though I'm not advising you to be stuck on it for a year but if you learn HTML tags and attributes separately, then start learning CSS styles, then PHP and then Mysql and JavaScript. You can easily incorporate these codes and tags. When you start learning all without a perfect knowledge of any, it will be too heavy on you.

And I don't think you can learn PHP successfully without knowing HTML. Except you'll be learning both at the same time
Re: What Can One Do With Just Html? by PaschalPM(m): 7:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
If you wish to learn the basics of html, css, and PHP for a token fee of 5k, just chat me up on 08141600811.

Will give you and overview of how web apps work. Other things you will surely learn are how to use forms, understand how to send requests from frontend to your backends, understand how to handle these requests on your backend and send responses back to the frontend and loads more.

I will give you a one day free tutorial before you make any payment if you are still interested.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Implementation of Part of speech tagger for Igbo and Yoruba / Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy / Help Fix This Android Studio Error Dhtml18 And Otherd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.