Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,732 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Why Is Chicken Strictly Associated With Christmas? Why Not Goats, Goose, Pigs. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is Chicken Strictly Associated With Christmas? Why Not Goats, Goose, Pigs. (925 Views)

Pictures Of How A Nairalander Helped With Christmas Chicken / Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? / Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Chicken Strictly Associated With Christmas? Why Not Goats, Goose, Pigs. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
A friend of mine asked me just now why chicken is so closely associated with the celebration of Christmas, and it made me wonder.
Unlike rams, which were sacrificed, and thus a symbol for sallah, was does chicken have any symbolic meaning partaining Christmas?

N.B: I've had my fair share of chicken wings today.
Re: Why Is Chicken Strictly Associated With Christmas? Why Not Goats, Goose, Pigs. by psucc(m): 4:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
Yes! In the absence of crocodile, we manage lizard.
Re: Why Is Chicken Strictly Associated With Christmas? Why Not Goats, Goose, Pigs. by Harmvirus(f): 4:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
Umm.. I don't think goat should be on that list cos some people eat goat meat on xmas day
Re: Why Is Chicken Strictly Associated With Christmas? Why Not Goats, Goose, Pigs. by tolurainbow(m): 4:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ask Iffa...
Re: Why Is Chicken Strictly Associated With Christmas? Why Not Goats, Goose, Pigs. by njideoby(f): 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
Op,ur analysis isn't true, cos its economic melt down that forced chicken on us,when we can't afford cow nor goat.
When I was younger,it was either cow or goat. Remember de adage "sweating like a christmas goat" it was never christmas chicken.

(1) (Reply)

Cake Mixers, Food Processors, Blenders, Induction And All Kitchen Accessories / The Perfect Side Dish / What's Your Preference.....Yam And Egg Or Bread And Egg?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.