Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

A Review Of 2013 Prophecies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Review Of 2013 Prophecies (964 Views)

2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / Predictions For The First Quarter Of 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by nellybadas: 9:46pm On Dec 25, 2013
This thread is not meant to indict or praise any one. but as we all know, earlier in the year. there were lots of prophecies about how the year would unfold, some were right, others not too right, and we had the outright wrong ones.
Here is one which i find quite engaging. have a look.
This post was culled from nairaland Jan 2013.

Take note of the highlighted prophecies... shocked shocked

These prophecies were seen on Linda Ikeji’s blog, she said it was sent to her to publish on her blog .

It’s from Apostle Johnson Suleiman, the founder and senior pastor of Omega Fire Ministries Worldwide. See it below…

These are not prophecies given out of personal interest or animosity but are direct words from the Holy spirit. If prayers are made negative prophecies can be averted.

1. House of Representative to lose some members to death, prayers needed

2. Alhaji Bamanga Tukur will be the last united PDP Chairman, as there will be great in-fighting in PDP.

3. There will be major boom and breakthrough in the agriculture this year

4. CNN will lose major staff.

5. Nollywood will keep losing people unless prayers are made and repentance; Many have gone fetish and there is high rate of immorality. I see three major stars dying this year unless prayers are made.

6. Many barren women will become joyful mothers.

7. Emir of Kano Alhaji (Dr) Ado Bayero to pray against attempt on his life. He will lose some men.

8. Molester will be on the prowl. Molesting women little children and even pregnant women. watch where your kids go..

9. A sec deadlier than Boko -Haram is being trained and prepared.

10. South Africa to mourn a hero. They should pray for former South African president Dr Nelson Mandela and Arc-Bishop Desmond Tutu.

11. I see a Governor dying.

12. This year, the looting of National treasury will be on a massive scale.

13. President Goodluck Jonathan’s own men from his place will fight him.

14. Igbos should forget about presidency.

15. In 2015, an opposition will lose, PDPD will fail.

16. I see the crisis in PDP widening more and more.

17. A yoruba movie actor to die surprisingly.

18. A year judgment for politicians and wicked leaders.

19. There will be scarcity of money in 2013, but food will be in abundance.

20. Chief of Defence Staff to be retired.

21. There is vacancy in Aso Rock.

22. Prayers to be made because I see the National flag flying half mask.

23. I see NUJ lose notable member through accident.

24. President Goodluck will lose someone precious to him either this year or next.

25. Auchi my hometown to pray against serious flood disaster.

26. A member of the United State of America’s senate house will die.

27. President Barrack Obama’s life will be attempted.

28. Alhaji Aliko Dangote will have issues.

29. Central Bank of Nigeria’s governor will be made an Emir, but he needs prayers.

30. MTN needs prayers.

31. Massive retrenchment in Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), but prayers needed to avert it.

32. I see something happening in a foreign country ( natural disaster) and people could not fly in or out of that nation for days.

33. Nigerian Music entertainer Tuface Idibia will face blackmail and scandal.

34. Hon. Aminu Tambuwal ( Speaker) should not contest for presidency. If he goes for governorship, he will win.

35. Dame patience Jonathan will have health issues unless prayers are made.

36. Kidnapping will start in South Africa.

37. HID Awolowo, it is well.

38. The governor of Ondo to pray against poison.

39. President Robert Mugabe, I see death around him, he needs prayers.

40. Abuja the Federal Capital City will experience high scale attacks this year.

41. I see Traditional Rulers die.

42. Omega Fire Ministries (OFM) will witness worldwide recognition that will shock everyone.

43. Lots of Nigerians will be repatriated from African nations.

44. Oil will be found in a state

45. I see a new president.

What is your take on this

http://thegistarena.com/2013-prophecies-from-apostle-johnson-suleiman/
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by Hadeyemy: 10:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
Calm down bro..... When was dz prophecies made .qiv me d link
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by okenwa(m): 11:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
The once in red happened, I can call them predictions rather than prophecies. A prophecy will happen as it is, no mincing of words
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by padeolu: 11:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
Hadeyemy: Calm down bro..... When was dz prophecies made .qiv me d link
the OP stated that its on Linda Ikeji's blog but culled from Nairaland.
The prophet tried, atleast close to 60% of his prophecies did happened
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by Nobody: 1:46am On Dec 26, 2013
padeolu: the OP stated that its on Linda Ikeji's blog but culled from Nairaland.
The prophet tried, atleast close to 60% of his prophecies did happened
Hmmm. I didn't know prophecy is a 'try and luck' thing o shocked
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by Hadeyemy: 8:15am On Dec 26, 2013
calm down bro........ I knw wat am sayin . Dz prophet or pastor z nt a man of God. Dz z nt even a prophecy. They re jst predictions perhaps he thought if doz predictions were correct, he culd b popular. Hw could he predicted sumtin negative nd u cal it prophecies. ??
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by benny4wax(m): 9:00am On Dec 26, 2013
prophesy
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 26, 2013
If only religious people most especially his church members think, these "prophecies" alone should show everyone this guy is a scam.

You prophesied 45 statements and a whopping 34 didn't come to pass.

The few that came to pass are even subject to disagreements.

And still yet, people go to this mans church.

Wtf

1 Like

Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by Areaboy2(m): 9:49am On Dec 26, 2013
rationalmind: If only religious people most especially his church members think, these "prophecies" alone should show everyone this guy is a scam.

Wtf

lol.. your name and your post just compliment each other..

20% success rate at "predictions" and people still think it isnt a scam.

I bet if we list out all "predictions" by The other Joshua guy, we'll hit the same success rate.. undecided
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 26, 2013
Area_boy:

lol.. your name and your post just compliment each other..

20% success rate at "predictions" and people still think it isnt a scam.

I bet if we list out all "predictions" by The other Joshua guy, we'll hit the same success rate.. undecided

Lol, I hope your name and posts don't compliment each other cheesy cheesy

And there's something I have in mind bro. I'm going to make a comprehensive list of all prophecies by these scammers for 2014. At the end of the year, I'll expose all of them for the world to see. cheesy cheesy
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by MrTroll(m): 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
Even 8, 12, and 16 are vague general statements. Na wa...

1 Like

Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by Joshthefirst(m): 12:42pm On Dec 26, 2013
rationalmind: If only religious people most especially his church members think, these "prophecies" alone should show everyone this guy is a scam.

Wtf
I think people are gullible.

Majority of the "prophecies" I see there is just death, evil, death, death, disaster, death, death.

1 Corinthians 14:But [on the other hand], the one who prophesies [who interprets the divine will and purpose in inspired preaching and teaching] speaks to men for their upbuilding and constructive spiritual progress and encouragement and consolation. (AMP)

The only prophecies of calamity in the bible are very literal judgements on nations and peoples because of sin. Even then, it was coupled with preachings of repentance and turning away so that people will avert these judgements,every one of them came and will come to pass. Those who did not repent, even israel, reaped judgement. There was still comfort and restoring and encouragements though.

In this age, according to the bible, God has set a time for global judgdement, and we're in the preaching phase(according to the bible).

So in this new testament, prophecy is for encouragement, edification and comfort. People whi prophecy doom, gloom, football(can you imagine), entertainment are making a mockery of themselves. How is Almighty God interested in football or entertainment for pete's sake? In these days, prophets are to edify not cheat the church.
Chei.

Prophets preach, like john. The revelation of the ages has already been given to us in the bible. People should not fall prey to scoundrels who think just fiesty shouting prayer will deliver them from troubles of life. Nonsense.

Prophecy is real, but let us be careful. God does things for a purpose, which is ultimately to glorify himself. Why will he be predicting the results of a football match or stating the obvious fact of corruption in nigeria. That is an insult.

Let christians beware and judge all things with the bible.
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by Joshthefirst(m): 12:45pm On Dec 26, 2013
I speak generally, not just wrt the op.
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by MrTroll(m): 1:45pm On Dec 26, 2013
I actually agree with Josh. embarassed

End Time Things.
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
Joshthefirst: I think people are gullible.

Majority of the "prophecies" I see there is just death, evil, death, death, disaster, death, death.

1 Corinthians 14:But [on the other hand], the one who prophesies [who interprets the divine will and purpose in inspired preaching and teaching] speaks to men for their upbuilding and constructive spiritual progress and encouragement and consolation. (AMP)

The only prophecies of calamity in the bible are very literal judgements on nations and peoples because of sin. Even then, it was coupled with preachings of repentance and turning away so that people will avert these judgements,every one of them came and will come to pass. Those who did not repent, even israel, reaped judgement. There was still comfort and restoring and encouragements though.

In this age, according to the bible, God has set a time for global judgdement, and we're in the preaching phase(according to the bible).

So in this new testament, prophecy is for encouragement, edification and comfort. People whi prophecy doom, gloom, football(can you imagine), entertainment are making a mockery of themselves. How is Almighty God interested in football or entertainment for pete's sake? In these days, prophets are to edify not cheat the church.
Chei.

Prophets preach, like john. The revelation of the ages has already been given to us in the bible. People should not fall prey to scoundrels who think just fiesty shouting prayer will deliver them from troubles of life. Nonsense.

Prophecy is real, but let us be careful. God does things for a purpose, which is ultimately to glorify himself. Why will he be predicting the results of a football match or stating the obvious fact of corruption in nigeria. That is an insult.

Let christians beware and judge all things with the bible.

When I discovered you quoted me, I was bracing up to read how you support the man only for you to disappoint me cheesy cheesy.

You made some good points though I don't agree with all.

I just hope people open their eyes and run from people like these.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
Mr Troll: Even 8, 12, and 16 are vague general statements. Na wa...

Even the one on mandela. If I'm not mistaken, mandela has been on life support for some time. Its not difficult to predict he might die this year.

Moreso, which country does not loose an important personality every year. We lost one pdp chieftain this year.

Few years ago, we lost ojukwu. One other year, it was Bola Ige, then Abiola, Abacha and the list goes on and on.
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by texanomaly(f): 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2013
Mr Troll: I actually agree with Josh. embarassed

End Time Things.

wink
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by texanomaly(f): 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
rationalmind:

When I discovered you quoted me, I was bracing up to read how you support the man only for you to disappoint me cheesy cheesy.

You made some good points though I don't agree with all.

I just hope people open their eyes and run from people like these.

shocked shocked shocked

You too?...

These really are end times... wink cheesy
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 26, 2013
texanomaly:

shocked shocked shocked

You too?...

These really are end times... wink cheesy

grin grin
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by MrTroll(m): 11:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
texanomaly:

wink
well, I hate to admit but Josh is not entirely stupid sha. Just when he's in preaching mode, which is like 99.998% of the time kiss
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by texanomaly(f): 12:12am On Dec 27, 2013
Mr Troll: well, I hate to admit but Josh is not entirely stupid sha. Just when he's in preaching mode, which is like 99.998% of the time kiss

He's a sweetheart. smiley
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by MrTroll(m): 12:18am On Dec 27, 2013
texanomaly:

angry

I think that word, sweetheart is like the word, God nowadays....
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by texanomaly(f): 12:22am On Dec 27, 2013
Mr Troll: angry

I think that word, sweetheart is like the word, God nowadays....

You have simply become a cynic.
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by MrTroll(m): 12:36am On Dec 27, 2013
texanomaly:

You have simply become a cynic.
undecided
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by texanomaly(f): 12:38am On Dec 27, 2013
Mr Troll: undecided

kiss
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by padeolu: 7:42am On Dec 27, 2013
Big.game:

Hmmm. I didn't know prophecy is a 'try and luck' thing o shocked
Prayers can avert bad prophecies.
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by MrTroll(m): 10:09am On Dec 27, 2013
padeolu: Prayers can avert bad prophecies.
lol.
Re: A Review Of 2013 Prophecies by Joshthefirst(m): 11:09am On Dec 27, 2013
texanomaly:

thank you ma'am.
smiley

Mr Troll: well, I hate to admit but Josh is not entirely stupid sha. Just when he's in preaching mode, which is like 99.998% of the time kiss
is this supposed to be a compliment?

(1) (Reply)

Supernatural Turnaround!come And God Will Visit You. / A Letter To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Is God's Grace Partial?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.