Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

When To Separate The Children. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When To Separate The Children. (1478 Views)

Wife To Separate From Husband For Relocating Too Much / Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Moving To Separate Rooms After Many Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When To Separate The Children. by greatestluv4all: 7:01am On Dec 26, 2013
This is for parents with mixed sex as children. There comes a time when you need to separate them from doing some things together. .like bathing them all at once, sharing of bedspaces and the likes.

How best do one carryout these task without creating friction, and not sending a wrong message between them?
Re: When To Separate The Children. by Woged2005(f): 7:28am On Dec 26, 2013
greatestluv4all: This is for parents with mixed sex as children. There comes a time when you need to separate them from doing some things together. .like bathing them all at once, sharing of bedspaces and the likes. How best do one carryout these task without creating friction, and not sending a wrong message between them?

It depends on the resources available to you. Number of rooms in the house and if you have help with chores.

1. Generally, in a standard 3 bedroom flat, Daddy and mommy sleep in the master bedroom, all the boys in one, and the girls in one even as early as 1yr or less (girls rooms are usually painted with bright colors like Pink, yellow, with matching bedsheets / furniture, lots of adorable dolls that scare boys away. grin).

2. If you have limited room, use double bunker beds to separate them rather than multiple beds.

3. As for bathing, start from day 1 to bath them separately. Let them take turns. However, if you didn't start on time, today (now) is the right time to bath the girls desperately.

The idea is to treat your girls graciously, and respectfully like little princesses so they can grow up being soft, lady-like, and not accepting disrespect from men later. If their parents and brothers treat them with respect at home, they will demand for it outside and also will get attracted to gentlemen and not 'bedroom bullies' for date.

3 Likes

Re: When To Separate The Children. by crystalballs: 10:47am On Dec 26, 2013
Woged2005:

It depends on the resources available to you. Number of rooms in the house and if you have help with chores.

1. Generally, in a standard 3 bedroom flat, Daddy and mommy sleep in the master bedroom, all the boys in one, and the girls in one even as early as 1yr or less (girls rooms are usually painted with bright colors like Pink, yellow, with matching bedsheets / furniture, lots of adorable dolls that scare boys away. grin).

2. If you have limited room, use double bunker beds to separate them rather than multiple beds.

3. As for bathing, start from day 1 to bath them separately. Let them take turns. However, if you didn't start on time, today (now) is the right time to bath the girls desperately.

The idea is to treat your girls graciously, and respectfully like little princesses so they can grow up being soft, lady-like, and not accepting disrespect from men later. If their parents and brothers treat them with respect at home, they will demand for it outside and also will get attracted to gentlemen and not 'bedroom bullies' for date.

i learnt from these.
Re: When To Separate The Children. by Temismith(f): 11:14am On Dec 26, 2013
@woged2005, perfectly sed. Am also of d opinion dat d seperation shud start from d onset. Boys shud have deir rooms seperatly frm d gals, teach d boys to respect ladies. Handle d gals with iron hand and at d same time like d princesses dey are.

1 Like

Re: When To Separate The Children. by Daresh(f): 1:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
Woged2005:

Ok I'm gonna have to disagree with your post. Growing up, my brother was closest to me in age and as a result we did everything together up until secondary school. We bathed together, slept on the same bed till I was in SS1. It wasn't a lack of space thing, our house had 7 rooms. We were just together and treated pretty much the same by my parents.

Now I have a son and a daughter and Im the same with them. They sleep on the same bed, that one you no fit try separate them sef. They bathe together, eat together play together. They only separate in school. We have 3 rooms, my husband and I have one, they have one and 1 is vacant. No body will agree o.

I really don't see the need to separating them, at least not yet, he's 5 and she's 2.
Re: When To Separate The Children. by greatestluv4all: 1:35pm On Dec 26, 2013
Daresh:

Ok I'm gonna have to disagree with your post. Growing up, my brother was closest to me in age and as a result we did everything together up until secondary school. We bathed together, slept on the same bed till I was in SS1. It wasn't a lack of space thing, our house had 7 rooms. We were just together and treated pretty much the same by my parents.

Now I have a son and a daughter and Im the same with them. They sleep on the same bed, that one you no fit try separate them sef. They bathe together, eat together play together. They only separate in school. We have 3 rooms, my husband and I have one, they have one and 1 is vacant. No body will agree o.

I really don't see the need to separating them, at least not yet, he's 5 and she's 2.

Things are moving rather fast this age.

Your time may not compare with what is obtained now.

1 Like

Re: When To Separate The Children. by Kanwulia: 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
From the beginning!
If there are different sexes.
That way they never miss what they never had! kiss
Re: When To Separate The Children. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
@Deresh your post is somewhat disturbing oh. So you did and still doing all that just because 'you want them to bond'.

I never shared same room with my brothers growing up, I bet you won't believe if I tell you we communicate everyday tho we are in diff continents, I trust them with my life.

OP yes like Kawulia said from the beginning

To each and their own oh
Re: When To Separate The Children. by Daresh(f): 12:34am On Jan 06, 2014
greatestluv4all:

Things are moving rather fast this age.

Your time may not compare with what is obtained now.

It depends largely on what you epose them to. I dont have maid or help to tach them rubbish. On tv its Disney jnr and KidsCo. I am teaching them not to let anyone touch their privates. Kids are curious.

@Ewuro it is not about bonding. I'm not trying to make them bond anything. They are innocent and dont know theirs a big deal in their being different. My daughter tries to stand and pee like her brother and its hilarious. Why should I seperate them and treat them differently because they are different sexes?

1 Like

Re: When To Separate The Children. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
Thank God I don't have to bother my head.
Re: When To Separate The Children. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
Deresh I hear you & apologize if you're offended.

But I still maintain my stand against raising diff gender your way. No hard feelings.

1 Like

Re: When To Separate The Children. by iamtewwy(m): 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
Re: When To Separate The Children. by Evanisgud(f): 10:28am On Jan 07, 2014
Seperating them nw means drawing the wrong signal, wen they ar of age, they wil b the ones 2 tel u to seperate them.
Re: When To Separate The Children. by Daresh(f): 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Exactly. My older brother moved out of the room himself. My younger brother moved in with my older brother when he was 13. No one seperated anyone, they both moved when they were ready. No need to separate.

@Ewuro I'm not offended, I just dont see the need to start drawing lines. My son has been asked for a car bed sha , maybe it's time.

Evanisgud: Seperating them nw means drawing the wrong signal, wen they ar of age, they wil b the ones 2 tel u to seperate them.
Re: When To Separate The Children. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
@Ewuro I'm not offended, I just dont see the need to start drawing lines. My son has been asked for a car bed sha , maybe it's time.

I hate to sound forceful. But it's time

Good job little Guy kiss

Re: When To Separate The Children. by greatestluv4all: 7:41am On Jan 08, 2014
Evanisgud: Seperating them nw means drawing the wrong signal, wen they ar of age, they wil b the ones 2 tel u to seperate them.

still reflecting on these.
Re: When To Separate The Children. by Dygeasy(m): 9:46am On Jan 08, 2014
Daresh:

Seriously?

Now Is Pretty And Very Much Different From Then.
Re: When To Separate The Children. by Dygeasy(m): 10:14am On Jan 08, 2014
Daresh:

It depends largely on what you epose them to. I dont have maid or help to tach them rubbish. On tv its Disney jnr and KidsCo. I am teaching them not to let anyone touch their privates. Kids are curious.

@Ewuro it is not about bonding. I'm not trying to make them bond anything. They are innocent and dont know theirs a big deal in their being different. My daughter tries to stand and pee like her brother and its hilarious. Why should I seperate them and treat them differently because they are different sexes?
Look At You.

Its Better To Do The Separation When They're Innocent. Not Like I'm Against Siblings Of Same Sex Being Together But In This Age, You Don't Wanna Know What Supposed Siblings Do Together.

You Don't Need A Maid To Corrupt Your Kids And You Can't Totally Control What They're Exposed To Except They're Not Gonna Step Out Which Is Impossible.

And Nobody Wants To Have A 'Masculinized' Female Child. Trust Me This Often Happens In Female Kids.

It Takes God's Mercy To Make Children Turn Out As Their Parents Want.

I Pray God Watches Over Your Kids And They Shall Live Long Enough For You To Enjoy Them.
Re: When To Separate The Children. by Daresh(f): 1:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
Dygeasy: Look At You.

Its Better To Do The Separation When They're Innocent. Not Like I'm Against Siblings Of Same Sex Being Together But In This Age, You Don't Wanna Know What Supposed Siblings Do Together.

You Don't Need A Maid To Corrupt Your Kids And You Can't Totally Control What They're Exposed To Except They're Not Gonna Step Out Which Is Impossible.

And Nobody Wants To Have A 'Masculinized' Female Child. Trust Me This Often Happens In Female Kids.

It Takes God's Mercy To Make Children Turn Out As Their Parents Want.

I Pray God Watches Over Your Kids And They Shall Live Long Enough For You To Enjoy Them.

My prayer is for God to watch over them and keep them safe.
Re: When To Separate The Children. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
Amen. We all mean well.

(1) (Reply)

Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria / Share Your Memories With The Dial Up Phone. / What Challenges Do You Face As Been The First Born Of Your Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.