Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags (4036 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Van Gaal Tells Five Players To Pack Their Bags / See All The 32 Countries That Will Be At Brazil 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mukina2: 10:42am On Jun 20, 2006
Today being the start of the last group matches.
here lets name countries booted out, their quotes and probably pictures of them leaving germany or landing in their home country.

no insults please

1 Like

Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by jgirl3: 11:27am On Jun 20, 2006
For now, for sure - already
Group A -
Costa Rica
Poland

Group B -
Paraguay

Group C -
Ivory Coast
Serbio & Monterego

Group D -
Iran
Angola

Group G -
Togo

1 Like

Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mukina2: 11:30am On Jun 20, 2006
hey dont be soo fast bout angola we cant be sure anything can happen
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by jgirl3: 11:31am On Jun 20, 2006
sorry that was a mistake on my path, they can still win - at least they have a point now
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by doctor(m): 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2006
All Africans are missin out in Round one.
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by jgirl3: 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2006
Not all, there is still hope for Ghana, Tunisia and Angola
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by doctor(m): 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2006
j-girl:

Not all, there is still hope for Ghana, Tunisia and Angola

@ j-girl, same hope for the others but it was crashed and they missed out, i hope to see miracles.
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by jgirl3: 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2006
oh, there will be miracles. Ghana has the greatest chance of all african countries because they are the only ones that have won a game
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by IAH(f): 5:46pm On Jun 20, 2006
It's so sad to see Ivory Coast go. Oh my heart bleeds for them.Drogba Darling They were so unlucky to be put in that tough group! If they had been in the group that Ghana(or even Togo) is in, they would have sailed through easily. cry cry
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by otokx(m): 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2006
All African teams
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mizkay(f): 8:03pm On Jun 20, 2006
Tunisia was going, going - now they're definitely GONE! na wetin sef with these african football teams? The guys were 1 - 0 up until the 70th minute when they decided to let it all flop. A real shame!
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by doctor(m): 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2006
j-girl:

oh, there will be miracles. Ghana has the greatest chance of all african countries because they are the only ones that have won a game

I pray the miracle should happen or else, ehn ehn sad sad sad
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by Shagari2(m): 9:38pm On Jun 20, 2006
All African teams except Ghana. France
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mizkay(f): 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2006
ghana will Bow out - not that i am wishing it and france! to bloody hell and no return with that team! they are pure rubbish!
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by jgirl3: 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2006
Well bye to Trinidad & Tobago from Group B.
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by humpzz: 10:12pm On Jun 20, 2006
grin angry sad shocked The US should pack their bag. Them no sabi play ball. cry kiss undecided embarassed
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by diddy4(m): 8:02am On Jun 21, 2006
USA should go and continue bombing Iraq cuzz dats the only thing they are good at. soccer aint their kindda stuff.
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mamaput(f): 8:06am On Jun 21, 2006
All the fake footballers should pack and go.
The USA could never play ball. almost like germany trying to play American Football or baseball
I want Tunisia to go home And all these no name footballers.
Were are the real players.
Brazil
England
Germany
France?
Holland
Potugal

even the swiss let them go home .
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by Hunter(m): 11:39am On Jun 21, 2006
Australia won't be far behind I wouldn't think

Our only chance now to stay into the next round is beat croatia (or draw) , so there is a slim possibiltity we won't be knocked out,
just yet
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mamaput(f): 2:20pm On Jun 21, 2006
In fact let Germany go home too ever man to their tents. They are pissing me off.
I regreat wearing there colour yesterday
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mukina2: 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2006
angola just joined em cry superb first goal allowed those terrorist to level the scores
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mukina2: 7:02pm On Jun 21, 2006
[b]paraguay@ coach on his team[/b]Anibal RUIZ (PAR)
We had asked the players to try and lift their spirits after the Sweden defeat. We knew that it wasn’t easy, because that was a harsh blow, but it was important to get up for this game and play for pride and honour. The boys showed that they are a classy team. This win against Trinidad and Tobago means that we can leave the tournament in the right way.

I don’t want to answer any more questions, and I hope that you will excuse me, because I would like to go and discuss the game with the Paraguayan press. My future? I will announce my plans when I get back to Asuncion. In the meantime I have to put together a report to explain our performance here.
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by kitaun(m): 7:17pm On Jun 21, 2006
they played good football especially in the 2nd half against england and also thru out against T AND T
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mukina2: 10:19pm On Jun 21, 2006
some Iranian players quotes

Mehdi MAHDAVIKIA (IRN)
Even though we were out before the game started, we really wanted to win today. There's no question we were the better side. We also created better chances and it's a real shame we didn't capitalise on them. We're out of the World Cup with just a single point to our name, which is very disappointing.

Rahman REZAEI (IRN)
We outclassed Angola today and we had several excellent chances that we just couldn't take. Overall, though, we just weren't strong enough. The World Cup was a terrific experience for our young players, and now we have time to prepare and do it all over again in four years.

Hossein KAABI (IRN)
I don't think we were up to it to be frank. I had a few injury niggles and neither myself nor the team were able to play our best football. Let’s see what the future brings for us.
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mukina2: 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2006
some angolan player's quotes

LOKO (ANG)
We lacked experience and we were nowhere near adventurous enough to take the opportunity we had to reach the last 16.

FLAVIO (ANG)
I'm ecstatic at being the first Angolan to score in a World Cup finals match. I had a few problems at the start of the tournament because I wasn't being selected. Thanks to the team psychologist and my family, though, I picked myself up and achieved something historic. We put a lot of effort in but we lacked the organisation we needed to qualify.

JOAO RICARDO (ANG)
We were the lowest-ranked of all the finalists, and our group contained some of the best teams in the world. We don't have a superstar in our ranks and our players are in some of Europe's lower leagues. When you consider all that, I think we did exceptionally well in our first World Cup. All that was missing was a little more experience.
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mukina2: 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2006
the irainian coach

Branko IVANKOVIC (IRN)
We felt we could win right until the very end, and I must congratulate the players for giving it their all. Luck was not on our side, though. We created a lot more opportunities than Angola and we deserved to win the game.
We’ve not enjoyed much good fortune over the three matches to be honest. Against Mexico I thought we should have come away with a point, and I felt we deserved more today as well. But that’s football and it’s the small things that make the difference. That’s where we’re lacking at the moment. We had a few injury problems early in the game as well, and that hampered us in terms of the substitutions we could make. With four forwards on the pitch, we tried to get forward quickly, create chances and win the game.
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mukina2: 10:29pm On Jun 21, 2006
the angolan coach

Luis OLIVEIRA GONCALVES (ANG)
We didn’t play good football today and you could tell that both sides were a little anxious. When we scored I thought we could go on and win the game, but we just didn’t have it in us to get a second.

I must congratulate Portugal and Mexico for qualifying. There’s no doubt they were the best two sides in the group and they fully deserve to go through. In general, I’m very, very proud of the way my team has performed, and we can leave Germany with our heads held high. That’s the most important thing about our whole World Cup experience.
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mukina2: 10:37pm On Jun 21, 2006
the trinidad and tobago coach

Leo BEENHAKKER (TRI)
It was an open game and we had some chances, but that's football. If you don’t put away the chances you create, the opposition deserve the win. I didn’t like the way we performed in the first half, when we had a few problems in defence. On the other hand, in the second half we matched them and we had some chances to grab an equaliser. Unfortunately, we didn’t make them count and we paid dearly for that.

Clearly the team had some problems with their finishing, but you have to bear in mind that before the tournament started, people back in Trinidad and Tobago were expecting us to lose 6-0 or 8-0 against Sweden and England. For that reason, I'm disappointed to be out of the competition so soon, but I'm very satisfied with the effort my players put in. I can't blame them, because they played with pride and passion.

Perhaps we paid for the fact that the other teams played at a higher tempo than us, but I think we're leaving with our heads held high. This was the first time that the team has played in a World Cup, and we've learned some great lessons. The next time, they should have more confidence. This experience will help to develop football in Trinidad and Tobago.
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mukina2: 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2006
some paraguay player's quotes

Julio DOS SANTOS (PAR),
I’m very happy to have started tonight’s game, because I was disappointed that I hadn’t started before. We knew the importance of winning this game, not just because it was our last game, but because we wanted to leave a positive image behind of our involvement in the World Cup. We wanted to win for ourselves, because this squad didn’t deserve to go out of the tournament. Obviously I’m pleased with how the game went and with our win. I can see a great future ahead for Paraguayan football because there are a lot of young players in this team who have gained a lot of experience. The foundations are very good.

Nelson CUEVAS (PAR)
I’m satisfied with the win and with my goal, although we know that our morale isn’t the best after our elimination. We win together and we lose together, and that’s why we’re a team. Even though we’re hurting because of the way the World Cup turned out for us, that pain will eventually go away.

Carlos GAMARRA (PAR)
On the one hand, we’re departing with great sadness because we’ve been eliminated very early, but at the same time, I’m leaving with great satisfaction because of the respect among the players and the atmosphere in the squad. What will I do in the future? I’m not sure just yet, but I have to step aside to let the young players come through. I’ve played for the national team for 14 years. They were marvellous years, and those happy memories will stay with me.

Roberto ACUNA (PAR)
We played well, and I think that we showed some of the things that we didn’t do, for example, in the game against England. It’s a pity to leave the World Cup so soon, but we had to try and compete in a very difficult group.

Roque SANTA CRUZ (PAR)
I thought that we could beat teams of the stature of England or Sweden, but we should have taken a few more risks to do it. I really think that there wasn’t an awful lot of difference between us and them. It will be important to learn from the mistakes we made so that we can eliminate them in the future.
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mukina2: 10:45pm On Jun 21, 2006
some of the tt player's quotes

Dwight YORKE (TRI)
I am proud to be captain of this fantastic team. It was a dream come true to be taking part here for the first time. We had an unforgettable time in Germany and we can be more than satisfied with our performances. In my 20 years as a professional, I’ve had a lot of good experiences, and some bad ones too, but this World Cup is undoubtedly one of the highlights. This may have been the last time that I play for my country, so this is a very emotional day for me.

Carlos EDWARDS (TRI)
(Brent) Sancho’s own goal was just plain bad luck, things like that can happen to anybody. It wasn’t his fault that we lost the game, though - we were all responsible. It was a very tight match, but we never gave up and never stopped believing that we had a chance. Our football has a great future ahead of it, since we’ve shown that we can compete with the best teams in the world. Being at the World Cup and having such great fans supporting us was a wonderful experience. We’re already looking forward to South Africa 2010!

Evans WISE (TRI)
We never gave up, and we had a lot of chances in the second half. I’m going to fly home with my boys now and celebrate our achievement properly. The World Cup was a total success for our team and for our country. We can return home with our heads held high.

Brent SANCHO (TRI)
We showed a lot of passion. I feel really bad about the whole own goal thing, but things like that can always happen – that’s life. We played well and created some good chances ourselves, but unfortunately we didn’t manage to take them. We’re sad to be going home now. We’ve proved that we can compete with big teams like England and Sweden. The last two weeks in Germany have been like a dream come true for us. We came here and nobody gave us a chance. That’s why it was so unbelievable that the German fans really took us to their hearts. A great World Cup and a fantastic atmosphere.
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mukina2: 10:48pm On Jun 21, 2006
the costa rican coach

Alexandre GUIMARAES (CRC)
We played very well, we dominated the game for 75 minutes. But we had a few minutes where we stopped paying attention, and that's when we conceded the goals. We controlled the ball and Poland waited for the opportunity. Poland did not do a great deal with the ball. But it was not the result we expected. And at the end it’s all about the result.
Here one generation (of Costa Rican players) concluded their work. We will have a new generation and a new group. Lots of time is needed, and many things have to be done. In the preparation period we already had the same situation. The young players played very well, that is a good omen. They need some international experience to give them strength.

I don’t think it (the return home) will be a great welcome. Those results were totally unexpected, and at the end it's all about the results. We agreed with the president (of the Costa Rican Football Federation) that we will take a couple of days to discuss the future. And then at the end of the week, we will have a decision
Re: Germany 2006: Countries That Should Pack Their Bags by mukina2: 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2006
some costa rican player's quotes

Luis MARIN (CRC)
We all wished we had qualified. We had a very bad game against Ecuador, but against Germany and today we played really well. The situation is not as bad as many media say. What is important is to be calm and take the right decisions. If we keep on coming to the World Cup, the moment will come when our football level will improve. I am really happy with the group of players, there is a lot of progress which has been made and they just have to keep working and learn from the World Cup experience. Life and football go on. We are not happy about the result, but we have to analyse not only the player and the coach, but everything in the set-up.

Ronald GOMEZ (CRC)
My objective was to score a goal and to play better in this World Cup and I achieved that.

Paulo WANCHOPE (CRC)
We had to win for our own pride, but even if we didn't the atmosphere was really good in the stadium and it was really nice to see how the Europeans support their teams. We couldn't take the chances we created because we weren't concentrating enough, that's why we were beaten.

Joe PORRAS
(CRC)
I tried to give my best. I can’t be 100 per cent guilty for the goals we let in, I think they were mistakes of the whole team and it’s too soon to talk about my World Cup experience because I have to sit down and analyse it calmly. I won’t say no to the national team, as long as I can keep on playing I will do it.

Cristian BOLANOS (CRC)
We didn't want to lose, we wanted to give a great performance and to win, but unfortunately we couldn’t. However I think it was a great personal experience, I am happy about the way the team played and we have nothing left but to keep on working a lot.

Gabriel BADILLA (CRC)
It would have been better if we had won on my debut, but I felt good. I am very thankful for the coach and my team-mates and I enjoyed it a lot. We didn't take the opportunities we had and we have to recognise that the second goal was our mistake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Denis Lebedev Lose His WBA World Cruiserweight Title To Guillermo Jones / Manchester United Failed To Sign Willan / CAFCC Play-Off: Enyimba, Rivers United Know Opponents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.