Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria (13321 Views)

Photos Of Super Eagles Players Training Ahead Of Today's Match With Cameroon / The Super Eagles Training For The Friendly Match Against Belgium (Photos) / Watching A Football Match With Your Wife At Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Evestar200(f): 9:00am On Dec 26, 2013
Harambee Stars of Kenya have requested for a friendly with Nigeria in London in March, officials have informed MTNFootball.com

Kenya Football Federation (KFF) have written the Nigeria Football Federation for a friendly on March 5 in London.

MTNFootball.com specially gathered that the KFF request may not see the light of day as the NFF are shopping to play a tougher opponent on that day as it is the only FIFA-free window before the World Cup in Brazil.

Kenya were forced to a 1-1 draw by hosts Nigeria in a 2014 World Cup qualifier earlier this year, before the Eagles beat them 1-0 in Nairobi in a reverse fixture.

However, officials have expressed doubts over the possibility of this match going ahead.

"I am not sure this can work even though we would have loved to honour it. We would be preparing for the World Cup and it’s only right we play countries with similar football culture in our group at the World Cup," a top NFF official said.

Nigeria are drawn against Argentina, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Iran in the first round of Brazil 2014.
http://www.mtnfootball.com/international/fifa-world-cup-2014/news/2013/december/24-kenya-demand-eagles-friendly.html
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Evestar200(f): 9:05am On Dec 26, 2013
Kenya? Make NFF n or try am o if they nor want make we comot from group stageundecided We dy think how NFF go take demand friendlies from Germany and Holland, Kenya dy carry their own dy come cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 26, 2013
Lmao. grin

The Kenya friendly can come after the world cup, in August.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Idowuobo(m): 9:32am On Dec 26, 2013
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Krasid(m): 10:01am On Dec 26, 2013
No, we don't want kenya or any african team.We should play a tough european,south american or even an asian opponent.
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 10:26am On Dec 26, 2013
Krasid: No, we don't want kenya or any african team.We should play a tough european,south american or even an asian opponent.
azzin eh. We're through with Africa. Cameroon is playing Germany on that day, even SA wey no dey go WC is playing Brazil, why will we waste our time with Kenya? NFF should try and get France, Netherlands, Belgium, Japan, Paraguay, Uruguay(I would love this one) or Colombia

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by bizibrain(m): 11:10am On Dec 26, 2013
I trust NFF, dey wont WASTE resources on a friendly match with ANY african country. We r done wit all africa country.

NFF should pls organise a friendly with any of Belgium/uruguay/spain/switzerland, if possible, I would love a friendly with brazil nd germany.

Kenya is just 2 small 4 my superstar super eagle.
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by naijanoni(m): 11:29am On Dec 26, 2013
Countries have already booked friendly matches already.
Why hasnt our FA done so ?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 11:51am On Dec 26, 2013
bizibrain: I trust NFF, dey wont WASTE resources on a friendly match with ANY african country. We r done wit all africa country.

NFF should pls organise a friendly with any of Belgium/uruguay/spain/switzerland, if possible, I would love a friendly with brazil nd germany.

Kenya is just 2 small 4 my superstar super eagle.
Germany and Brazil are playing Cameroon and SA respectively. That's why I'd prefer either Belgium/France/Netherlands (same style as Bosni-Herzegovina) or Colombia/Chile/Uruguay(same style as Argentina) or Japan/South Korea (similar style as Iran) friendlies with those teams would better prepare us for our group stage opponents. Preferrably the European nations cuz Bosnia seems our most daunting task
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by adegwurulez(m): 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2013
i heard Ghana is playing neitherlands, how true? Let the chan team play harambee. I read somewhere that keshi is advising nff to organize friendly with peru. Me i want brazil o, they have cameroon in their group while we have argentina.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by striker9(m): 12:04am On Dec 27, 2013
I will love to see naija play against Belgium or England,nff biko.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by ROCKJ1(m): 4:45am On Dec 27, 2013
Pls kenya should not make me laugh...
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 27, 2013
adegwurulez: i heard Ghana is playing neitherlands, how true? Let the chan team play harambee. I read somewhere that keshi is advising nff to organize friendly with peru. Me i want brazil o, they have cameroon in their group while we have argentina.

though brazil is ideal, their playing style is NOTHING like argentina. peru, chile, colombia are similar teams for us to be playing against.
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by GentleNaaz(m): 3:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
we need to look towards playn those european n american teams dt pose threat in WC 2014.
nt ds african push overs
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by yankyone(m): 3:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
We nid a beta country to play friendly wit,nt kenya
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
CFCfan: Lmao. grin

The Kenya friendly can come after the world cup, in August.
lwkm
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by sammyyoung2(m): 3:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
we resemble their mate?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Soso990240(m): 3:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hell NO..We should be talking about playing Uruguay,England or Belgium..Not Kenya.We need to beat Argentina come 2014.Let them play our Home based Eagles.
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by godwinony(m): 3:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
smh..what do they take us for??..we dont do local no more..we've already conquered the continent
bring on germany and brazil.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
lol, Defeat de hungry them ni. Do we look like we dey same level angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 3:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
Misleading Topic! In the headline, i saw "Demand" and in the main body of the story, i'm seeing "Requested". They are 2 different things

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Lilimax(f): 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
The Kenyan nation is gradually falling in love with Nigeria
It's okay.

But we no be mate sha smiley

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by theripper3: 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
We need stiffer opposition abeg. No African team for now, Kenya should choose another african, there are copious amounts of them not going to the World cup.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by kelahns: 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2013
NFF can do them a favour by allowing them to play a secondary school squad in my Street... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by droid007: 4:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
in the title, you say "Kenya demands". in the post, there is "Kenya requests". English OP, English.

6 Likes

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Systeme101: 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
pls can anybody help me out? I need to knw if i can get bitter apricot seeds here in nigeria, am told its nt planted here, tnx
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Nonybb: 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
Laughable. Even the Kenyans know it was just a joke
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by ctman(m): 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
Let them play with d home base eagles.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by agrovick(m): 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
Kenya sef like beat thing, give me belgium o jere
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 4:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
The match can hold. They should play with home based eagles that will win CHAN next month. For now we needthe to play the 1st 11 of Brazil, Spain, Germany, england, Argentina and Portugal
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
droid007: in the title, you say "Kenya demands". in the post, there is "Kenya requests". English OP, English.
will u sharrrrraaaap diaaaa !!!!! .....if u know so much why don't u tell us the difference ?
Re: Kenya Demand Friendly Match With Nigeria by Decapo: 4:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
They sha want make we disgrace dem sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paul Robinson: ‘Ighalo Unreliable, Not The Kind Of Player Newcastle Need’ / Sure Rigged Matches / Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.