Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

To What Extent Does Your Moniker Affect Your Online Persona?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / To What Extent Does Your Moniker Affect Your Online Persona?? (657 Views)

What's The Meaning Of Your Moniker ??? / Tell Us About Your Moniker / What Does Your Birth Month Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To What Extent Does Your Moniker Affect Your Online Persona?? by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 26, 2013
I have had this in mind for a while now but haven't decided to ask you guys your opinion until recently. I noticed that a number of folks here are so used to a particular moniker and a change in it seems to suggest a change in the online persona people who know them are used to.

The question again: Does your moniker have any effect on your 'persona' such that a change in it may necessarily lead to a change in that persona?

1 Like

Re: To What Extent Does Your Moniker Affect Your Online Persona?? by badmeat(m): 9:58am On Dec 26, 2013
cheesy,I'm bad!

1 Like

Re: To What Extent Does Your Moniker Affect Your Online Persona?? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 26, 2013
100% of my posts represent who I am.
Re: To What Extent Does Your Moniker Affect Your Online Persona?? by crackhaus: 10:17am On Dec 26, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: To What Extent Does Your Moniker Affect Your Online Persona?? by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 26, 2013
bad meat: cheesy,I'm bad!

Okay!

If per chance you decide to change your moniker to 'good meat'; do you think that may have some influence on your posts?
Re: To What Extent Does Your Moniker Affect Your Online Persona?? by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 26, 2013
Vessi: 100% of my posts represent who I am.

Cool!

Does your moniker represents who you are? Though I am not sure what vessi is by your meaning but in French its meaning maybe ascertained. Anyways, if you change the moniker to something else, will the 'manner' of your posts change significantly?
Re: To What Extent Does Your Moniker Affect Your Online Persona?? by AbuMikey(m): 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2013

60% of my NL posts represent a direct opposite of who I am. undecided

Re: To What Extent Does Your Moniker Affect Your Online Persona?? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Cool!

Does your moniker represents who you are? Though I am not sure what vessi is by your meaning but in French its meaning maybe ascertained. Anyways, if you change the moniker to something else, will the 'manner' of your posts change significantly?
yes
Re: To What Extent Does Your Moniker Affect Your Online Persona?? by darnley16(m): 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
Really nice topic I wonder why it stopped or /and didn't reach front page
Re: To What Extent Does Your Moniker Affect Your Online Persona?? by darnley16(m): 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
Really nice topic I wonder why it stopped or /and didn't reach front page,

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Mentioned Among The 7 Terrible Countries For Christians / Wrong Use Of Forum Such As Nairaland.... / Video Shows Nigerian Soldiers Commit Extra-judicial Killings...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.