Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

What Is The Deal With Moringa? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Deal With Moringa? (1622 Views)

Sex Gets Better With Moringa Leaf Extract / 10 Things You Eat That Destroys Your Teeth And How To Deal With Them. / Cure Skin Problem With Moringa Oleifera Powder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Deal With Moringa? by maclatunji: 1:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
It seems that everywhere I go Moringa is there. In the house, Moringa! On the radio, Moringa! On the TV (Ok, I have not seen it that much), Moringa! At the market and bus stops, Moringa! Moringa!! Moringa!!!

What is it about Moringa after the hype about ginger, honey, cod liver oil, tianshi herbal tea, Ginseng, Tahitian Noni, mustard seed?

I am so vexed that I plan to soon introduce my own "wonder plant" with an army of marketers to invade the personal wellbeing world!

tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: What Is The Deal With Moringa? by braine(m): 1:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
I've seen the effect of this plant personaly. The only one on the list you have above that it can be compared with is honey. It is worth the hype and I hope people will harness its use..
Re: What Is The Deal With Moringa? by NnamdiN: 1:45pm On Dec 26, 2013
What does it do? Never heard about it.
Re: What Is The Deal With Moringa? by Gboliwe: 1:53pm On Dec 26, 2013
Moringa seems outdated in these parts, the new hype is now Quail Eggs. I am already tired of hearing of the wonders it performs

1 Like

Re: What Is The Deal With Moringa? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
NnamdiN: What does it do? Never heard about it.

Moringa olifera is a tree very common in the north locally called 'zogalle'. The active ingredients are found in the leaves. They are mostly cooked and eaten. It is used to cure a wide range of illinesses and diseases.
Re: What Is The Deal With Moringa? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2013
Gboliwe: Moringa seems outdated in these parts, the new hype is now Quail Eggs. I am already tired of hearing of the wonders it performs

Are u comparing animal protein to plant extract like moringa
Re: What Is The Deal With Moringa? by maclatunji: 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
braine: I've seen the effect of this plant personaly. The only one on the list you have above that it can be compared with is honey. It is worth the hype and I hope people will harness its use..

What are the effects?
Re: What Is The Deal With Moringa? by firestar(f): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2013
For those dealing with diabetes, HBP, and mild forms of arthitis; it helps tremendously.
The leaves, (I add them to my vegetable soups, fried rice and salads)
Petals (Tea)
Seeds (Oil extract)
Root (Fever brew)

If you ever get the seedlings, plant them at home.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Deal With Moringa? by maclatunji: 9:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
firestar: For those dealing with diabetes, HBP, and mild forms of arthitis; it helps tremendously.
Petals (Tea)
Seeds (Oil extract)
Root (Fever brew)

What does it taste like?
Re: What Is The Deal With Moringa? by firestar(f): 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2013
maclatunji:

What does it taste like?
Leaves- Not unpleasant, that's for sure. Can be eaten raw. It has a distinct taste.
Petals- Tasteless
Roots- (-Shudders-)
Seeds- (Nutty, shouldn't be eaten like groundnuts... )
Re: What Is The Deal With Moringa? by maclatunji: 9:06am On Dec 28, 2013
firestar:
Leaves- Not unpleasant, that's for sure. Can be eaten raw. It has a distinct taste.
Petals- Tasteless
Roots- (-Shudders-)
Seeds- (Nutty, shouldn't be eaten like groundnuts... )

Please when and how did you discover the properties of Moringa?
Re: What Is The Deal With Moringa? by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2013
LOL.
Re: What Is The Deal With Moringa? by maclatunji: 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
Yield: LOL.

The essence of comedy is to make people laugh. So, what do you know about Moringa?
Re: What Is The Deal With Moringa? by ireneidiva(f): 5:32am On Dec 29, 2013
Gboliwe: Moringa seems outdated in these parts, the new hype is now Quail Eggs. I am already tired of hearing of the wonders it performs

the quail eggs are really the new hype. Mtchew
Re: What Is The Deal With Moringa? by Originalsly: 10:50am On Dec 29, 2013
firestar: For those dealing with diabetes, HBP, and mild forms of arthitis; it helps tremendously.
Petals (Tea)
Seeds (Oil extract)
Root (Fever brew)

Wow!....I should copy this info and frame it! About planting a tree...that's what everyone should be doing...planting medicinal trees...having a pharmacy in their backyards.

(1) (Reply)

3 Tips To Avoid Menopause Weight Gain / Nigerian Inventor Of 'cancer Goggles' Receives St. Louis Award / Photos: Woman's Butt Implant Explodes During A Gym Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.