Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

The Catholic Faith, Questions Answered - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Faith, Questions Answered (385 Views)

The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Am A Gay Man Thats Renouncing My Catholic Faith / Don't Let The Catholic Faith Deter You From The Christian Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Catholic Faith, Questions Answered by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
The catholic church is one of the most deliberately mispresented of churches..., yes, DELIBERATELY MISPRESENTED. This stems from the fact that the church bases her teachings on two things, the church traditions and the holy bible. But a thorough look at the church's teachings and you will realise that the church's teachings are in perfect harmony with the bible.
1. The Hail Mary: This one of the most controversial prayers the church says, who says its not scriptural? A look at Lk1:27, will prove you wrong. The prayer also in no way worships mary. No, it only honours her " Hail mary, full of grace, the lord is with you, blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus , holy mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and the hour of hour of our death amen" which sentence or phrase connotes worship in this prayer? Talking about the intercessory power of mary, will you refuse me a favour I ask of through your mother?
2. Placement of statues: "Catholics worship idols" is a popular criticism, yet one withou bases. When praying for the repose of the soul of the dead in other churches, The picture of the deceased is usually there. Does that mean you are worshipping the picture? That picture serves the same purpose the statues serve, creating a mental picture! The church does not instruct anybody to bow to these statues...... No! They also serve the purpose of decoration.
3. Eucharist: Any body questioning this hasn't read a bible yet.
4 Papal infallibilty: The pope is NOT infallible in all ramifications, he is only infallible in matters on faith and morals as regards to the church. This means that the church is forever shielded by the holy spirit and can't make a mistake. During the greatr commision, jesus promised to be with the church till the end of time and that the gates of hell shall not prevail over the church. How can the spirit of God be in the church and allow the church make a mistake? wouldn't christ be contradicting himself? that's impossible!
As regards to the church's dark ages and the sale of indulgence, i'll soon prove to you that those visibly corrupt practices did not corrupt the church. Merry xmas
please feel free to ask me any question on catholic faith
Re: The Catholic Faith, Questions Answered by adsonstone: 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
Please visit this thread and continue from where your brothers stopped...

www.nairaland.com/1522201/defend-catholic-teachings-here

Seasons' Greetings.

(1) (Reply)

News Media And Mis Information / Who Does Today's Pastor's Glory Go To, God Or Themselves? / Using The Blood Of Jesus In Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.