Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

5 Steps To Enhancing Valuable Job Connections In 2014 - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Steps To Enhancing Valuable Job Connections In 2014 (19244 Views)

All Work & No Play... 7 Steps To Achieve Work/life Balance / 5 Steps To A Better Career In 2015 / 5 Steps To Climb Your Career Ladder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Steps To Enhancing Valuable Job Connections In 2014 by Stycon(m): 1:39am On Dec 31, 2013
Andyblaze:

Too bad bro. Its gone! Never coming back. angry angry

smiley
Re: 5 Steps To Enhancing Valuable Job Connections In 2014 by Revolva(m): 1:58am On Dec 31, 2013
grin nice write up bt na so so grammer ..omo that one no help matters for naija..na man know man nai sure pass .oo be warned..all ya job seekers
Re: 5 Steps To Enhancing Valuable Job Connections In 2014 by osifred(m): 11:30am On Dec 31, 2013
How to get a job or possibly increase you chance of getting a job in Nigeria

This article is based on the following premises
• Whether you want to agree or not there is no much job in Nigeria. The Federal Government estimates that about 39 million youths are unemployed. (recent statics put this figure at 40 million, 25% of the population, considering the insincere nature of the government chances are high that the figure is even higher. 40 million is the combined population of Ghana, Togo and Benin Republic. then imagine that everybody is in these three countries are unemployed, no one of them has a job. that is how scary the situation is)
• Despite the above, there are still limited job vacancies. (It is this limited job vacancies the writer hope can be grabbed using the tips given)
• There are about 100 person more qualified than you for almost any job vacancy so to get a job you have to outsmart the others

Every now and then you hear youths mostly on social media blaming the Federal Government for not providing job for them or atleast creating an enabling environment to create their own job. While one cannot totally fault the youth for blaming the government one cannot also exonerate the youth for not doing much to secure job for themselves.

The tips given in this write up does not in any way guaranty you of securing a job but will atleast increase you chance of getting one if followed.

1. Connect with your well to do relatives and contacts.
There is no gain saying that one of the surest way of getting a Job with the state (Ministries, Departments and Agencies) and in private firm in Nigeria is relatively through what in colloquial term is known as ‘Man know man’ that is securing a job through your connection. Whether this is right or wrong is a topic for another day. Do well to reach out to your contacts that you think might help you secure a job. There is no shame in calling your lecturer, your maternal uncle, that big man in your church, your friend’s dad, your pastor, well to do classmate, a well to do friend on facebook to ask if he or she can assist in securing a job for you or putting a word for you in their place of work.
If you don’t have any such contact take it upon yourself to look for it. Join social network of professionals like Linkedin to help build relationship with people of higher social caliber, write a letter to your councilor, your local government chairman, the law makers representing your zone etc. no matter how small the chances may be there is still a possibility that you can get a favourable outcome. God is likely going to use people you know to bless or favour you for job opening.

However, it is equally not advisable to solely depend on man for woe is him who putteth his trust on man. I was a victim of this I graduated with a good grade. I have a fair share of ‘connected people,’ as a matter of fact because of my so called connection I didn’t deem it fit to apply for any job opening all through my service year (expect for one time when I wanted to test the worthiness of my CV) thinking that with my grade of degree and the people I know securing a job after service won’t be much of a problem. That was a silly mistake because the work didn't come immediately as i thought it would. Although I finally got a job based on who you know I realized that not seriously searching for a job in the course of NYSC was very risky as your “connected fellow” maybe not be in the same position to help you when you finish your service or that even if that “connected fellow” sincerely wants to help you there might not be any available job because the sad truth is that there are no much jobs. i know atleast two highly placed Nigerians heading top government position that can't secure job for their children simply because the job is not there.

to read the full article
click on https://www.nairaland.com/1329105/how-get-job-possibly-increase
Re: 5 Steps To Enhancing Valuable Job Connections In 2014 by SirAlfred(m): 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
Have faith in God as well, it will get better.
Re: 5 Steps To Enhancing Valuable Job Connections In 2014 by ChiSun27(m): 4:53pm On Dec 31, 2013
im being educated here.
Re: 5 Steps To Enhancing Valuable Job Connections In 2014 by gowaga68: 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
nice one there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inspector Held For ‘forging’ Colleagues’ Promotion Signals (photo) / What Money-Making Skill Do You Have Or Wish To Learn? / Port-Harcourt Hotel Suspends Suspected Homosexual Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.