Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

My SLOT Nigeria Experience! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My SLOT Nigeria Experience! (1650 Views)

Beware Of SLOT Limited / Slot Ikeja Almost Got Burnt Today / Score 290 &above In Ur Jamb 2011/2012 Via Sms Or Slot-in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My SLOT Nigeria Experience! by semasir: 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
As much as I don't encourage names being mocked at nor will I support a bad name tag for any business because I run a mini one as well and understands what it means to handle customers' request due to my business nature as well, I guess I shouldn't keep mute to get this off me, at least for now and need to know if its same for almost everyone as well that has used SLOT.

After much queries, investigations and research for a better TECNO Android phone to buy, I conclude at getting Tecno M7 considering the functionality and shape. Upon finalising this, I came up online to nairaland, twitter, fb and the like to ask from friends and others which/where it can be gotten but alas, SLOT was an option since I called JUMIA's number to order only to get my call units wasted for over 10mins waiting and not being answered to and Konga don't even have it in their store from the online store list.

Yes! Here's the deal at SLOT, its a public holiday mind you- 26th Dec. 2013; so I called their Customer Care line by 10.00am answered by a lady and asked if M7 is available and she said I need to send an SMS with my name, address, phone number so a dispatch will be notified and it'll be delivered. OMG..... After the call, I sent the SMS hoping to get a reply but almost 20mins nothing came up so I called back and she confirmed receiving it and a dispatch notified for my delivery.

Well.......that's just an head-start for the woes for the day which I never knew because I've trusted them for the delivery after agreeing to N1000 dispatch fees due to my location for delivery at LASU Ojo Campus. I never knew I'm in for a nightmare on a broad daylight as I waited from 10am till 5pm with calls within the 7+ hrs waiting for my imaginary TECNO phone and not until past 4pm that I got a call from the dispatch who reported was at Satellite Town to deliver not knowing he has no phone on him to deliver to me and he start the blabbing that its not available now and he promises delivering it in the next 2 days or even the next day early.

I never knew these E-Commerce portals are like these until I ordered for delivery and has promised self not to do same again especially SLOT but they acted as the name could have derogatory meant to be implied and wasted my whole day waiting for them even when I've confirmed if the phone is available and was told it is yet they don't have it in Ikeja and Festac stores!

Chai.......I'm sure the owner if aware of this won't be happy with this development because these agents who are supposed to be the face of the company are actually denting the company's image!

I rest my case and wondered if any here has got similar case with these providers- Jumia, SLOT or Konga?
Re: My SLOT Nigeria Experience! by heed101(m): 6:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
What's this one saying undecided
Re: My SLOT Nigeria Experience! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
so No be cause wahala for ur sef abi u no fit go phone shop urself?
Re: My SLOT Nigeria Experience! by semasir: 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
Silence is golden for some responders as well as the best answer for a F***
Re: My SLOT Nigeria Experience! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
Simply go to the market and get yourself a phone if you can't wait. THIS IS NIGERIA
Re: My SLOT Nigeria Experience! by bigtt76(f): 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
Lol ...the joys and sorrows of shopping online! grin

(1) (Reply)

11 Weird But True Facts / Amvca: Who Is The Best & Worst Dressed (male & Female Category)-photos / Can You Eat Or Accept This Mysterious Cake As Gift(pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.