Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

I Need Insight On Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 6 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Insight On Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 6 (958 Views)

GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) / Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 2 / Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Insight On Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 6 by mrsbingbagbo(f): 10:35am On Dec 27, 2013
it states that, "and God said, let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters and let it divide the waters from the waters".

"the waters from the waters", i need understanding please.
Re: I Need Insight On Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 6 by AdeniyiA(m): 11:21am On Dec 27, 2013
Simply put, there are ground waters, sea waters, ocean waters etc, and there are cloud waters which are frozen and later fall as cold rain upon d ground for replenishment, freshness n coolness to bring comfort to earthly creatures. in summary, there are waters in the clouds which the firmament helps to draw from the earth during evaporation and in the ground.
Re: I Need Insight On Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 6 by Ajibam: 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
mrs bin gbagbo:
it states that, "and God said, let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters and let it divide the waters from the waters".

"the waters from the waters", i need understanding please.
try another version that has simple English
Re: I Need Insight On Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 6 by Ajibam: 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
NLT...
then God said, "Let there be a space between the waters, to separate the waters of the heavens from the waters of the earth."

that should be clear.
Re: I Need Insight On Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 6 by mrsbingbagbo(f): 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ajibam: NLT...
then God said, "Let there be a space between the waters, to separate the waters of the heavens from the waters of the earth."

that should be clear.

alright thanks
Re: I Need Insight On Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 6 by Ajibam: 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
mrs bin gbagbo:

alright thanks
thank God.. sis
Re: I Need Insight On Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 6 by SirIsrael(m): 12:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hello ma, i do not know how long u ve posted d post and i dont know whether you ve gotten the right answer too but i want you to know even if the angel xplain it to you it not enough too
Re: I Need Insight On Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 6 by Kei144(m): 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2013
An understanding of Gen 1:6 is necessary in order to understand what happened during Noah's flood. In my form 1 in secondary school, we started Geography as follows:"The earth was once a part of the sun. It broke away (the big bang theory) as a very hot mass and has been cooling ever since."

As the cooling process continued, you now get to Genesis 1. At a stage, the earth crust formed, but water was still in gaseous form. Water vapor at the outermost part of the atmosphere would be the first to condense. The condensed water was held at the outermost part of the atmosphere by centrifugal force due to the rotation of the earth. With time, water vapor in every section of the atmosphere began to condense and both centripetal and centrifugal forces were at work. Centripetal force pulled condensed water down to the earth crust, while centrifugal force forced water that condensed in the upper atmosphere towards to rim of the atmosphere, so that a thin layer of water actually surrounded the atmosphere. That is Ge 1:6 for you. An expanse of air now separated the water on the ground (earth crust) from the water above the atmosphere.

Ge. 2:4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created. When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens —
Ge. 2:5 and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth [Or land; also in verse 6] and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth [Or land; also in verse 6] and there was no man to work the ground,
Ge. 2:6 but streams [Or mist] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground —

While water above the atmosphere surrounded the earth, the earth was more like a greenhouse. Weather (temperature) everywhere was the same. The water on the ground was very small; so, rain was impossible. Wind was not possible because wind requires temperature, and hence pressure, difference. It was also not possible to see the sun directly from the ground because the sun was shielded by the water above the atmosphere. All the harsh weather you see today was nonexistent. The weather was mild and always the same. That may explain why people lived close to 1,000 years.

Ge. 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month — on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.
Ge. 7:12 And rain fell on the earth for forty days and forty nights.

Can you imagine a little child who puts his finger in detergent water and brings out the hand from the water separating the thumb from the first finger and then blows on the film that forms between the thumb and first finger thereby creating a big bubble, which he now proudly shows off to another child? Can you imagine the other child putting his finger in the bubble, causing the bubble to collapse? That was what led to Noah's flood. God pierced the water above the atmosphere (probably using an asteroid, a meteorite, or whatever) and air that was trapped beneath the water rushed above the water. The water collapsed, leading to the deluge. The initial time of this water collapse was phenomenal. Thermodynamics experts can easily model it with appropriate dynamical equations. Since the centrifugal force was least at the poles, most of the initial fall of water came down at the poles with attending thermodynamical reaction that froze everything instantaneously. That is why animals that should more appropriately belong to warmer parts of the earth are found frozen in Siberia, Russia. When the animals frozen in the ice of Siberia are dug out, freshly-eaten leaves are discovered in their stomachs, meaning that these animals had just finished eating the leaves when they were frozen to death.

As fell from the sky, God also caused the springs of the great deep (molten lava) to burst forth. This means massive volcanic action and earthquake, which made huge parts of the earth crust to depress and some other parts to rise up. The excess water that fell from the sky ultimately collected in the huge depressions, forming oceans and seas. The raised portions of the earth crust formed the continents.

Some people try to distance science from Bible, but without knowledge of science, you won't be able to understand what I have described here; a great proof that the Bible is accurate.
Re: I Need Insight On Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 6 by noblefada: 10:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
@op a very good question, but very deep spiritual truth, which not every Christian will accept, so I cannot just post the answer here, and I don't know how deep ur are in spiritual knowledge. But let me say this, I've both scriptural and scientific backing that clearly explain that verse but has I've said in other thread, this is not the forum to post it.
That being said, @Kei 144 has got the best answer so far, just a few scriptural backing he would have nailed it. Well done bro, you've my deepest regards.
Re: I Need Insight On Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 6 by Goshen360(m): 7:10am On Dec 28, 2013
One way by which I understand the word is by being a student under the teacher, the Spirit and as a student, I ask questions and\or question many things written in the bible. With that inquisitive mind, the Spirit teaches all things. That being said, @ OP, you have to start your quest from Genesis 1:1 and walk down through the end, questioning each verse and try to understand (from biblical point of view) what happened at each stage and how things came to be. So, lemme help you, if these questions will push some buttons in you:

Genesis 1:1, What heaven is that verse talking about if God already exist and\or created from heaven. (b), What earth is that verse talking about if the earth is named in Genesis 1:10?

2. If God already created heaven in Genesis 1:1, what heaven is named in Genesis 1:8 OR why is firmament called heaven if it was already created in Genesis 1:1

3. 2 Peter 3:4-5 also referenced the creation you asking about and it will be of great help.

By the time you put all these together, you should be able to explain the Genesis 1:6 and what took place at that stage of creation.

(1) (Reply)

Adam And Eve A Fable, Hell Is A Mere Metaphor – Says Pop / Plot Against Muslims In Unilorin! / Lamentations about Churches hiding under the cloak of religiosity to use members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.