Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,239 members, 7,953,906 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:38 AM

New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page (37924 Views)

New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 / Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know / FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by holykezi: 7:45am On Oct 01, 2014
GCFR696:
It baffles me the type of profound inconsiderate attitude with which some ppl speak. Hw many Average nigerians can afford a brand new car? Most ppl buy used cars whose costs are normally less dan a mill. Finally, a good wine needs no bush if the cars are of good quality ppl will patronise, bone dt non-patronage of locally made goods mentality. Gone ar dose days ppl prefered foriegn goods to local ones it's now all abt quality and cost. Ppl don wise up o

Hello! I agree with the fact that Nigeria wants to change from consumer to producing nation. The fact is that we barely have enough money to buy brand new international or local goods. Imagine I'm paid 50k as a banker, after taking house bills off what's left to even save to buy a car and how many years will it take to save the cash for a new car? So we rather buy used things in good shape. Else banks are ready to dish out very low interest rate loans so people can afford cars and other stuff, that's what they do abroad, take car loans and house loans and blah blah blah. For Naija, if you take car loan, interest rate go kill you even before you enjoy the thing you go for. So allow those at the bottom of the food chain to buy what they can afford, bring duty price down!
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by ba7man(m): 7:53am On Oct 01, 2014
This Govt robs you. Everything just keeps getting its cost increased.
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by txswat: 7:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hey guys any word on the 70% policy yet? I'm getting some mixed messages from clearing agents.

1 Like

Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by wolebanks(m): 11:39am On Oct 18, 2014
txswat:
Hey guys any word on the 70% policy yet? I'm getting some mixed messages from clearing agents.
what messages are you getting?
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by txswat: 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
wolebanks:
what messages are you getting?
some are saying they've started charging the 70% rate some say they haven't.

1 Like

Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by femmy2010(m): 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
txswat:
some are saying they've started charging the 70% rate some say they haven't.

014 Cars and newer now attracts the 70% duty cum levy.
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by Fhemmmy: 9:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
femmy2010:

014 Cars and newer now attracts the 70% duty cum levy.

But I heard it is 2012 and newer
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by femmy2010(m): 9:51pm On Oct 18, 2014
Fhemmmy:

But I heard it is 2012 and newer

2012 not included
Physical examination would be done on 2013 by Customs to know if it would attract 35 or 70% but 2014 and newer definitely attracts the 70%.
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by Fhemmmy: 9:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
femmy2010:

2012 not included
Physical examination would be done on 2013 by Customs to know if it would attract 35 or 70% but 2014 and newer definitely attracts the 70%.

Thanks for the information
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by femmy2010(m): 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Thanks for the information

You welcome sir
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by Icon4s(m): 7:04am On Oct 19, 2014
femmy2010:

2012 not included
Oh I jst wish d govt can jst leave it at this and nt affect d 2012 and older. So dat it will simply mean dat if u want to buy a brand new car u'll have to buy a Nigerian assembled. I would rather buy a 5 million naira worth Tokunbo 2011 Venza than to buy a Nigerian assembled 2014 Hyundai SantaFe.
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by femmy2010(m): 11:36am On Oct 19, 2014
Icon4s:

Oh I jst wish d govt can jst leave it at this and nt affect d 2012 and older. So dat it will simply mean dat if u want to buy a brand new car u'll have to buy a Nigerian assembled. I would rather buy a 5 million naira worth Tokunbo 2011 Venza than to buy a Nigerian assembled 2014 Hyundai SantaFe.

This would have made sense my bruva.
Lets wait and see what 2015 has in stock for Nigeria and Nigerians
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by Fhemmmy: 6:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
femmy2010:

This would have made sense my bruva.
Lets wait and see what 2015 has in stock for Nigeria and Nigerians

Nigerians would have the opportunity to voice their mind during the election . . . . .

1 Like

Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by femmy2010(m): 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Nigerians would have the opportunity to voice their mind during the election . . . . .

I hope Nigerians wont get carried away by the "I had no shoes" rhetoric this time around.
Rooting for a GMB prez come 2015 though.
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by Fhemmmy: 8:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
femmy2010:

I hope Nigerians wont get carried away by the "I had no shoes" rhetoric this time around.
Rooting for a GMB prez come 2015 though.

I would rather see Nigerians vote with their head and dont allow religion and tribe play a part..... But i am sure i am asking for too much
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by femmy2010(m): 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
Fhemmmy:

I would rather see Nigerians vote with their head and dont allow religion and tribe play a part..... But i am sure i am asking for too much

The reality on ground now is that Nigerian electorates are getting wiser and gradually not allowing tribal and religious sentiments be the deciding factor regards who they cast their precious vote for.
I use to be in that "Blinded" school of thought before but have ceased to be cowed by those cheap propaganda that a particular candidate is "Boko Haram" or " Lucifer".
The populace need to make their vote count by voting a candidate that has the major aspiration of serving them.
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by Fhemmmy: 8:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
femmy2010:

The reality on ground now is that Nigerian electorates are getting wiser and gradually not allowing tribal and religious sentiments be the deciding factor regards who they cast their precious vote for.
I use to be in that "Blinded" school of thought before but have ceased to be cowed by those cheap propaganda that a particular candidate is "Boko Haram" or " Lucifer".
The populace need to make their vote count by voting a candidate that has the major aspiration of serving them.

Great, make we no derail the thread . . . . Let me stick to selling cars, Lol
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by femmy2010(m): 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Great, make we no derail the thread . . . . Let me stick to selling cars, Lol

Yes Boss. lol
Re: New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page by sultaan(m): 9:55am On Feb 04, 2017
Looking back to when it at started going down hill, acouple of stupid policies and that triggered the recession.

Now Ford announced they will be selling the Ford Raptor pickups in China and started shipping them out, but what caught my attention was the high tarriff of 25% China has on the trucks to protect its local manufacturers

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/02/china-is-pickup-country-ford-says-yes.html

In Nigeria they went to 70% and a phantom 30%etra on new cars that is not even on paper, now at 500:1 there is even no sign of thing turning around.Naira has never been know to lose value and regain it back so we should all be ready to see things as the new normal.The cheapest car coming through the port will cost N2m

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bentley Bentayga SUV: The World's First-ever Bulletproof / Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? / Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.