Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

New Rule For 2014 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Rule For 2014 (2651 Views)

Full Text Of Apostle Suleman's Prophesies For 2014 / The Golden Rule For Christians / Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 12:25am On Dec 28, 2013
Mr Troll: who created her mom? angry
Same infinite regression that occurs when you try to figure out who created god.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Ishilove: 12:37am On Dec 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin grin grin

Toh. When these things fail you, who will you turn to?
Very simple. Go to the nearest bridge, take off your suit, climb the railings and try to simulate Superman's flying moves undecided

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by MrTroll(m): 1:17am On Dec 28, 2013
plaetton:
Same infinite regression that occurs when you try to figure out who created god.
Nobody created god! angry

Oh wait....
Re: New Rule For 2014 by texanomaly(f): 1:21am On Dec 28, 2013
Mr Troll: Nobody created god! angry

Oh wait....

tongue
Re: New Rule For 2014 by MrTroll(m): 1:42am On Dec 28, 2013
grin
texanomaly:

tongue
well, I created my own god and then killed him tongue
Re: New Rule For 2014 by texanomaly(f): 1:53am On Dec 28, 2013
Mr Troll: grin
well, I created my own god and then killed him tongue

smh
Re: New Rule For 2014 by MrTroll(m): 2:07am On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly:

smh
ask Deepsight.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by texanomaly(f): 2:24am On Dec 28, 2013
Mr Troll: ask Deepsight.

Ask him what exactly?
Re: New Rule For 2014 by MrTroll(m): 2:29am On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly:

Ask him what exactly?
ask him what happens when we get bored or tired of our creations, I.e God. wink
Re: New Rule For 2014 by texanomaly(f): 2:36am On Dec 28, 2013
Mr Troll: ask him what happens when we get bored or tired of our creations, I.e God. wink

Ok...I'm not sure he will respond. He tends to ignore me.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by MrTroll(m): 2:39am On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly:

Ok...I'm not sure he will respond. He tends to ignore me.
speak verbosely. He will respond
Re: New Rule For 2014 by texanomaly(f): 2:43am On Dec 28, 2013
Mr Troll: speak verbosely. He will respond

When am I not speaking verbosely? grin
Re: New Rule For 2014 by MrTroll(m): 2:46am On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly:

When am I not speaking verbosely? grin

you never do. Ask of Patrick Obiahagbon.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by texanomaly(f): 3:40am On Dec 28, 2013
Mr Troll: you never do. Ask of Patrick Obiahagbon.

hehe...thanks smiley

The message is too easily lost, if one must use a dictionary to decipher every other word. Simple, intelligent conversation is much more effective than flowery language. grin

2 Likes

Re: New Rule For 2014 by Panshow(m): 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
Even though I've never comment on any of the atheist thread, I must tell you that I've been following the post of;
-Plaetton
-Logicboy
-AmanFromMars
-Rationalmind
-Others I may not remember to mention.
And all I can say is that, you guys are amazing. I've learned a lot from you guys and still learning.
Things of religion are the things I've been asking my self right from when I was a kid.
I've asked a lot of questions about religion and God, yet no one was able to give me any convincing answer.
The worst of it all, Just like what Plaetton mentioned in one of his post, is the idea that Christ died for our sins. well, I am yet to understand how that concerns me.
Well, I don't want to draw any conclusion now before my Christian fellows begin to descend on me. For now, let me say, I hope to learn more from you guys.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
Panshow: Even though I've never comment on any of the atheist thread, I must tell you that I've been following the post of;
-Plaetton
-Logicboy
-AmanFromMars
-Rationalmind
And all I can say is that, you guys are amazing. I've learned a lot from you guys and still learning.
Things of religion are the things I've been asking my self right from when I was a kid.
I've asked a lot of questions about religion and God, yet no one was able to give me any convincing answer.
The worst of it all, Just like what Plaetton mentioned in one of his post, is the idea that Christ died for our sins. well, I am yet to understand how that concerns me.
Well, I don't want to draw any conclusion now before my Christian fellows begin to descend on me. For now, let me say, I hope to learn more from you guys.
Thanks.

More grease to your eldow,
or should I say, more nutrients to your neurons.
grin
Re: New Rule For 2014 by DeepSight(m): 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
Panshow: Even though I've never comment on any of the atheist thread, I must tell you that I've been following the post of;
-Plaetton
-Logicboy
-AmanFromMars
-Rationalmind
Thanks.

Fair enough, but word of advise: be careful to keep a balanced and inquiring perspective with every idea that confronts you: apply same to religions, and apply same to sciences, and apply same to atheistic notions as well. For otherwise you may liberate yourself from religious dogmatism and find yourself locked in another form of absurd dogmatism. Believe in yourself, you have the faculties you need to figure out your existence and its meaning and purpose. Do not let any one else do your thinking for you. Most of all remember that the failures of religion have nothing to do with the question of whether a God exists and whether such a God has a purpose and meaning for your life. Finally remember that even if you think or conclude that such a God does not exist, you can still look within yourself and bestir your mind and conscience for simple answers to your issues and objectives in this life.

I wish you blessings and grace always.

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by texanomaly(f): 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
Deep Sight:

Fair enough, but word of advise: be careful to keep a balanced and inquiring perspective with every idea that confronts you: apply same to religions, and apply same to sciences, and apply same to atheistic notions as well. For otherwise you may liberate yourself from religious dogmatism and find yourself locked in another form of absurd dogmatism. Believe in yourself, you have the faculties you need to figure out your existence and its meaning and purpose. Do not let any one else do your thinking for you. Most of all remember that the failures of religion have nothing to do with the question of whether a God exists and whether such a God has a purpose and meaning for your life. Finally remember that even if you think or conclude that such a God does not exist, you can still look within yourself and bestir your mind and conscience for simple answers to your issues and objectives in this life.

Well said.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by libero00: 5:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
texanomaly:
I'm not sure that includes private jets, big houses and huge stadium sized chaples, while the people who are supposed to be served starve to death.
at long last, a breath of fresh air! it is good to know that it is not all xtians that are completely blinded.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by texanomaly(f): 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
libero00:
at long last, a breath of fresh air! it is good to know that it is not all xtians that are completely blinded.

I hope there are many who 'see'. We are all in big trouble, if not. sad
Re: New Rule For 2014 by libero00: 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
plaetton: I think it is morally and ethically reasonable that anyone who comes to this religious forum to debate or discuss important or controversial religious topics should write a short disclaimer if he or she makes a living off, or earns any income from religion or a religion affliated body.

couldn't have said it better. add objectivity and remove selfish interests and you will see what religion really is.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
-Plaetton
-Logicboy
-AmanFromMars
-Rationalmind
Thanks.

Good to know the ministry is moving grin. And like deepsight said, always try to keep an open mind.

Who knows, maybe islam is actually right grin. Only through open mindedness will one attain greater heights in the search for truth.

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by Panshow(m): 7:38am On Jan 04, 2014
plaetton:

More grease to your eldow,
or should I say, more nutrients to your neurons.
grin
Thanks Boss.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Panshow(m): 8:09am On Jan 04, 2014
Deep Sight:

Well said Bro. The bolded needs more than just a second thought. But if you tell me that the failure of religion has nothing to do with the question of whether God exist or not, it will only throw me into more confusion cos as much as I know, it is only within the religion circle that the concept of God is being discussed. Maybe I still need to know more about this.

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
You hit the nail right in the head.

In fact, I have never thought of putting it in such a clear and elegant way.

The failure of religion in every imaginable way, the use of religion to deceive, subjugate and control is because religion is based on and deals with a dubious and delusional assumptions and notions.

Religion fails because god doesn't exist.
In fact, religion exists because god doesn't exist.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 5:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
Deep Sight:

Well done @theBolded.

What plaetton, logicboy, AManFromMars, etc do is simply to highlight the Abuse of religion and using them to conclude that God cannot exist. This is certainly warped logic rather than an objective logic. I don't blame them though, the christian scripture stipulate that the fake religions and concepts of God will be in the majority, while the true concepts of god would be scorned, persecuted, labeled as cults, and even secular institutions will unite with religious institutions to condemn the true ideas and practices of God.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
Panshow:
Well said Bro. The bolded needs more than just a second thought. But if you tell me that the failure of religion has nothing to do with the question of whether God exist or not, it will only throw me into more confusion cos as much as I know, it is only within the religion circle that the concept of God is being discussed. Maybe I still need to know more about this.

It's simple. The ideas and practices of religions that you are familiar with are simply false. They are so false that secular institutions now recommend what religions are true and worthy of a following. The Pope is voted as Man Of The Year by secular institutions, why?? Because the catholic institution is more interested in appealing to numbers rather than to truth. Most Religions today are nothing but political institutions, they boast of numbers, of who has the biggest cathedrals, of who commands the biggest crowds, of who is more in turn with popular cultures, etc. What you have is religion pursuing secular values, hence they rely on the secular world to approve or condemn right and wrong. These are definitely not true religions.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
okeyxyz:

Well done @theBolded.

What plaetton, logicboy, AManFromMars, etc do is simply to highlight the Abuse of religion and using them to conclude that God cannot exist. This is certainly warped logic rather than an objective logic. I don't blame them though, the christian scripture stipulate that the fake religions and concepts of God will be in the majority, while the true concepts of god would be scorned, persecuted, labeled as cults, and even secular institutions will unite with religious institutions to condemn the true ideas and practices of God.

The bolded highlights the confusion.

For many millenia men and women of all colors and shades have proposed one or more creeds as representing this elusive and enigmatic true ideas and practices of god.

Which amongst the thousands available are the true ideas and practices of god?.

The perfect religion is a make-belief.

The true ideas and practices of god are the true ideas and practices of the individual mind that creates his or her own god to suit.

We are all tired of hearing about this rare and elusive true ideas and practices of god.

It is beginning to sound like the legends of bigfoot: here today, gone tomorrow, always a fuzzy picture.
lol. grin

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
^^^ To start with, the true ideas of God are definitely christian(ie: based on christ, but not the christianity that you are used to). True christianity embraces all things in nature, not forbidding to eat, drink, wear, learn, practice, etc. True christianity stipulates that all things(created by God) are lawful/permissible and therefore cannot defile your holiness/righteousness. There's only one thing that defiles and that is homos.exuality and from which all manner of misbehaviors derive, all complexes, all bitterness, all possessiveness, all fears, etc.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by druid06(m): 6:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
^^ Dude STFU

You know nothing about Christianity. You're one of the multitude who has no real knowledge of what Christianity is all about yet go about spilling falsehood and that makes intelligent and open-minded individuals have second thoughts.

Your arguments since the prime of the thread has always displayed someone who lacks intelligence but favors utter idiocy.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 6:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
^^^^ Just ask yourself one question: According to the bible, is it possible that popular doctrine could be right with God?? Answer: NO!!! There's only one reason that you condemn me and that is because my ideas go against convention of both the religious and secular institutions.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 6:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
okeyxyz: ^^^ To start with, the true ideas of God are definitely christian(ie: based on christ, but not the christianity that you are used to).

Honestly, I cannot believe that you can say something like this.
Therein lies all of the conflicts of humanity.
"My belief is the true one".

It is quite funny that you using and displaying the very mindset that makes religion evil and laughable to justify religion.
You are also displaying a great deal of ignorance if you are unaware that christianity is a contrived religion, made of of the philosophies,myths and traditions of many many ancient cultures.
That is an indisputable historical fact.
So, to say that the true ideas of god are definitely christian shows a level of ignorance that I somehow thought you were well above.

okeyxyz: ^^^ True christianity embraces all things in nature, not forbidding to eat, drink, wear, learn, practice, etc.

Lie.

Perhaps your own kitchen variety christianity.
And again, this buttresses my point.
Everyone cooks up the perfect religion,the perfect christianity according the their own kitchen ingredients.

The Christianity that came from Palestine, the only one we know for that matter, sees as it's primary legitimate duty, to stand in opposition to , and as a substitute for nature and her regenerate and facund attributes.
And of course, this is Christianity fails, because it is an artificial construct.

okeyxyz: ^^^ There's only one thing that defiles and that is homos.exuality and from which all manner of misbehaviors derive, all complexes, all bitterness, all possessiveness, all fears, etc.

Again, the above is as silly as it gets, I am quite shocked that it comes from you, sir.

You seem to have an uncanny obsession with homosexuality, an almost pathological obsession, I must say.
HHHMMMMM!

Arguing against homosexulity from a religious point of view is probably the most stu.p.id thing an enlightened person could do.
Infact, it is the ultimate litmus test for intelligence and enlightenment.

Once again, it showcases the confusion with religious beliefs.

You believe that god created all men, with their different talents and with their different traits, yet god either made an error, or he fell asleep and let the devil slip one on him.
And yet, god sees the error, for 500,000 years since he created humans, he could not correct the error of his creation.
So, he appoints to you christians the task of singling out one of his many errors to hate and discriminate against.
If the above is true , what does that say about your god?

Grow up man, and start thinking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What The Bible Says About Non Christian / PHOTOS: COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Flaunts His Porsche Car With Church Members / What I Saw In Heaven: Prophet Shotunde Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.