Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,869 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Do Elephants Really Have Four Knees? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do Elephants Really Have Four Knees? (5624 Views)

Please Moderators Help Me... M On My Knees / MUST SEE Images Of Girl Living With Leopards, Cobras And Elephants In BUSH / Does Eating In The Dream Really Have Evil Meaning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Elephants Really Have Four Knees? by PezzoNovante(m): 6:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
There was this quiz that Akin Alabi did yerstaday, I like the quiz cos tis really educational., He asked 'How many animals got 4 knees' and majority said Elephant got four knees, now after my extensive research, I found out that no animal got four knees.

''What looks like the elephant's front
knees are actually its wrists. There's a
popular internet factoid which states
that the elephant is the only animal
which has four knees. But it doesn't; it
has two knees at the back, and elbows
and wrists at the front, exactly like
other quadrupeds. Elephants, horses,
dogs and all other quadruped
mammals have two knees and two
elbows. Almost all mammals have
basically the same skeletal structure
because we are descended from
common ancestors.''

I don't know if am wrong or not,, Your contributions are highly welcome.

Thanks
Re: Do Elephants Really Have Four Knees? by Pretyangel25(f): 6:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ask google
Re: Do Elephants Really Have Four Knees? by PezzoNovante(m): 6:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
Pretyangel25: Ask google
Ofcourse I did, top websites like wiki answeres, wikipedia says tis a myth and dat elephants got two knees, however, some few websites says elephants got 4 knees. When the answer of the came out, it says elephants got 4 knees...now tis really confusing.
That's why I ask nairaland maybe I could get a proof.
Re: Do Elephants Really Have Four Knees? by Youngsage: 8:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
Of course you were right, no animal has four knees.
The thing is, in such a quiz it is the quiz setter that determines the answers, even if they are wrong, well... You shouldn't be confused at all.
Re: Do Elephants Really Have Four Knees? by PezzoNovante(m): 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
Youngsage: Of course you were right, no animal has four knees.
The thing is, in such a quiz it is the quiz setter that determines the answers, even if they are wrong, well... You shouldn't be confused at all.

Thanks a bunch
Re: Do Elephants Really Have Four Knees? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
You make sense OP. Thanx for this post.

Let us please treat our fellow animals with respect. We all come from the same ancestral source, however distant it is. The tiny seed of life that planted this Earth.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Don't Mess With Me Dog! / Young Ladies Go Clubbing Exposing Their Toto / I Just Called Mtn's Customer Care No,a Lady Picked& We Had This Convo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.