Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw (4074 Views)

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri / Two Questions For The Somali Fool. / Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2008
1. The Igbo seem to be moving backward in terms of relevance’s, while the Ijaws have overtaken them as the third
     most important ethnic group in Nigeria.

2   How did such a minority among hundreds of other minority groups rapidly ascend to be amongst the “Majority”

Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 5:11pm On Aug 04, 2008
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2008
So are you implying that us Igbos are falling behind? And you don't want us to be deemed as one of the three majority tribes?
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2008
So are you implying that us Igbos are falling behind? And you don't want us to be deemed as one of the three majority tribes?
Aboki me nama is just looking for trouble here. Can't you see it?
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Aboki me nama is just looking for trouble here. Can't you see it?

onyinye2:

The facts are staring and glaring. You see my views is that in the usual manner of the biafran wannabes, they cannot see it because the rush for money has caused them visual impairment. Either you like to believe it or not, Ijaw interests have taken over the Ndigbo interest in the consciousness of the naija people and politics in general. A good example is that the Igbo’s are the preferred candidates to VP in any Political dispensation headed by a northerner but now the reverse is the case.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2008
MC Usman:

The facts are staring and glaring. You see my views is that in the usual manner of the biafran wannabes, they cannot see it because the rush for money has caused them visual impairment. Either you like to believe it or not, Ijaw interests have taken over the Ndigbo interest in the consciousness of the naija people and politics in general. A good example is that the Igbo’s are the preferred candidates to VP in any Political dispensation headed by a northerner but now the reverse is the case.
So what you are basically saying is that instead of it being Hausa, Yoruba, and Igbo, it should be Hausa, Yoruba, and Ijaw?
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2008
onyinye2:

So what you are basically saying is that instead of it being Hausa, Yoruba, and Igbo, it should be Hausa, Yoruba, and Ijaw?

Wake up and smell the Starbucks cappuccino.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2008
MC Usman:

Oka let me put it as simple as i can. It will never change. No matter how much of your false logic you want to spread, the igbo people and culture shall stay. You don't like it nsogbu adighi. Because that is how it shall be.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Uche2nna(m): 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2008
A region of the country that produces 80 percent of the Nation's wealth should not be considered as a minority in the first place.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 6:01pm On Aug 04, 2008
MC Usman:

onyinye2:

Oka let me put it as simple as i can. It will never change. No matter how much of your false logic you want to spread, the igbo people and culture shall stay. You don't like it nsogbu adighi. Because that is how it shall be.

You just have to deal with it and get a life. Take a look at the numerous videos on "NIGHT OF A THOUSAND LAUGHT" it is always Ijaw man no de carry last. The Igbos seem have vanish.

@ Onyinye2 see this as a wake call
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2008
MC Usman:

You just have to deal with it and get a life. Take a look at the numerous videos on "NIGHT OF A THOUSAND LAUGHT" it is always Ijaw man no de carry last. The Igbos seem have vanish.

@ Onyinye2 see this as a wake call

Are you serious? You are basing your information from a comedy show? How sad!!! You need to wake up and smell reality, Ijaw are good but you can't compare with Igbos. I'm trying to start any tribe against tribe, but you will never see the day when the Ijaw hold one of the three majorities. So grow up and get a life.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2008
The facts are staring and glaring. You see my views is that in the usual manner of the biafran wannabes, they cannot see it because the rush for money has caused them visual impairment. Either you like to believe it or not, Ijaw interests have taken over the Ndigbo interest in the consciousness of the naija people and politics in general. A good example is that the Igbo’s are the preferred candidates to VP in any Political dispensation headed by a northerner but now the reverse is the case
Do you see why I've always viewed you as a political lightweight and a Arrow? Have you heard of zoning? Why not educate your people and bring them out of the jungle amidst their disingenuity?. This is truism and not an attack on any northern tribe. You can criticize and wallow in the mire of your neck deep ignorance, distort, twist and misinterpret every sensible idea put forward and desecrate the intellectual debate we are trying to have here with your obtuse tribalistic threads.
Your presence here retards this site and the nation, pollutes what is a meeting of mature minds and impedes any constructive national dialogue.I think you often foul the atmosphere with your intrusive, offensive, putrid and repellent incoherent rants which boils down to the fact that you may still have your mammary dentition. You are lucky you didn't attack the yoruba because i'd have torn you apart.

What a prodigal prodigy!!!!
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Do you see why I've always viewed you as a political lightweight and a Arrow? Have you heard of zoning? Why not educate your people and bring them out of the jungle amidst their disingenuity?. This is truism and not an attack on any northern tribe. You can criticize and wallow in the mire of your neck deep ignorance, distort, twist and misinterpret every sensible idea put forward and desecrate the intellectual debate we are trying to have here with your obtuse tribalistic threads.
Your presence here retards this site and the nation, pollutes what is a meeting of mature minds and impedes any constructive national dialogue.I think you often foul the atmosphere with your intrusive, offensive, putrid and repellent incoherent rants which boils down to the fact that you may still have your mammary dentition. You are lucky you didn't attack the yoruba because i'd have torn you apart.

MC Grammar, abeg no take english scatter MC Usman brain o!!
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by ifyalways(f): 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2008
LMAO ! ! ! !
@Onyi,dont give this guy the attention hes looking for. wink
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Mortiple(m): 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2008
ifyalways:

LMAO ! ! ! !
@Onyi,don't give this guy the attention hes looking for. wink

grin grin

What do you expect from the Liberian-based Nomad. He has refused to grow up. Check out his contributions elsewhere. I liken him to the proverbial slowpoke that grows in stature but not in wisdom.

Ara gaa agba ndi-ara! undecided
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2008
Mortiple:

grin grin

What do you expect from the Liberian-based Nomad. He has refused to grow up. Check out his contributions elsewhere. I liken him to the proverbial slowpoke that grows in stature but not in wisdom.

Ara gaa agba ndi-ara! undecided
grin grin grin grin
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by darfur(m): 6:50pm On Aug 04, 2008
DeepZone:

@deep zone  angry

i dont understand you here men angry   . . how can you be speaking this kind of grammar for aboki nama. where lies the communication? MC Usmugu cannot understand what you wrote here. he has to go to an aboki lawyer to interprete this, then the aboki lawyer has to go to the aboki attorney general who now has to go to the foreign lawyer working in their state govt to interprete this. . .this will take about 24-72hrs, a lot of money to buy fuel for the car transportation to meet all this people, reduce the official morning sleep time of the aboki attorney general, thereby reducing the productive time in their state govt justice department . . if you add up all these costs and opportunity costs  . . you will be closing in on about 40,000 naira (cummulative) to interprete your post.

then this money will be taken from our national treasury, probably reducing the money that may have been spent on healthcare. this may lead to some preventible death somewhere. now imagine if that statistically preventible death were to be that of the ''messiah'' nigeria has been waiting for?  . .haaa

abeg, next time una wan communicate with aboki make una use pidgin english abeg ooooo

Aboki MC U sman, abeg no vex, wetin deepzone been de try tell you be say,
1. you no sabi anything
2. u de spoil this website
3. e be like say you be small pikin for age.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2008
MC Usman, its not your fault . . . but for your illegal oil bunkering you and Yar Adua would have been following cattle all over the savannah.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2008
Nwannem nwoke, Darfur, you are too funny grin grin grin
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2008
khai_khai:

MC Grammar, abeg no take english scatter MC Usman brain o!!

Oga  i thank you very much for your concern, i beg the big grammer wai Miss Phd. (Deep zone) dey use for my skin, don scatter my medula obluganta i still dey for dolddrums, i beg make you lower the grammer small so that the debate can continue unabated.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2008
MC Usman:

Oga  i thank you very much for your concern, i beg the big grammer wai Miss Phd. (Deep zone) dey use for my skin, don scatter my medula obluganta i still dey for dolddrums, i beg make you lower the grammer small so that the debate can continue unabated.
If you can't understand plain english, may use please not continue spreading your ignorance.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2008
Oh1 No wonder there is problem in Darfur. Mei Nama means no harm but rather trying to stimulate an academic debate that will enable us stress out. Thank God Mei Nama is the Head of state of Nigeria what an achievement from following a cattle to Asor Rock.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 7:04pm On Aug 04, 2008
How can we have a "educated" debate when you can't understand plain english?
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2008
MC Usman:

Oh1 No wonder there is problem in Darfur. Mei Nama means no harm but rather trying to stimulate an academic debate that will enable us stress out. Thank God Mei Nama is the Head of state of Nigeria what an achievement from following a cattle to Asor Rock.

Is it any wonder that Nigeria is in the doldrums today? With the exception of 1, every single president/head of state has been from that morally, financial and intellectually bankrupt region of the north. MC Usman must be proud of himself.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by Uche2nna(m): 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2008
MC Usman:

Oh1 No wonder there is problem in Darfur. Mei Nama means no harm but rather trying to stimulate an academic debate that will enable us stress out. Thank God[b] Mei Nama [/b] is the Head of state of Nigeria what an achievement from following a cattle to Asor Rock.

grin grin grin
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 7:08pm On Aug 04, 2008
davidylan:

Is it any wonder that Nigeria is in the doldrums today? With the exception of 1, every single president/head of state has been from that morally, financial and intellectually bankrupt region of the north. MC Usman must be proud of himself.
of course he is. that is why he wants folk to replace Hausa, Yoruba,and Igbo to Hausa, Yoruba, and Ijaw. tongue
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by MCUsman(m): 7:12pm On Aug 04, 2008
onyinye2:

of course he is. that is why he wants folk to replace Hausa, Yoruba,and Igbo to Hausa, Yoruba, and Ijaw. tongue

@ DeepZone
@ davidylan
@ Mortiple
@ ifyalways

Whether you all like or not, Ijaw fought for what they deserve. So you're now rewriting WAZOBIA to WAZOIJAW. grin grin grin
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2008
MC Usmu mu, i see that you are just looking for attention. Well you might as well close up this thread because you know good and well you can't erase Igbo people as the main three no matter how much you spread your false logic and illiteracy.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by DeepZone: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2008
Whether you all like or not, Ijaw fought for what they deserve. So you're now rewriting WAZOBIA to WAZOIJA

The transient tribal star is still here spewing the usual repugnant tantrums.
FYI:
Wa= come(yoruba)
Zo= come(hausa)
Bia= come(ibo)
Hence, wazobia, now how did Ijaw equate to "come"?

McDoofus, accept it, you are getting stomach butterflies because the south is beginning to rise against the north and you think that making ludicruos claim will introduce disunity . Are you scared of standing on your feet?
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by SMZINA: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2008
onyinye2:

Oga i do not side with your myopic and parochial perception on ijaw and igbos. The reality is that, ijaws are gradually and consistently taking over the baton in the political and economic spheres in nigeria from the igbos.
Re: Two Questions On Igbo's & Ijaw by onyinye2(f): 7:23pm On Aug 04, 2008
S.M ZINA:

Oga i do not side with your myopic and parochial perception on ijaw and igbos. The reality is that, ijaws are gradually and consistently taking over the baton in the political and economic spheres in nigeria from the igbos.
So you are siding with him? you do actually think you can remove igbo, mind and area where the country's majority of its income comes from to Ijaw?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The History Of Ikwerre People / How Many Igbo Dialects Do U Speak And Understand? / Lets Discuss The Possibility Of An Igbo Language Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.