Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,817 members, 7,817,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress (2055 Views)

18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday / How An American Lady Converted To Islam / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress by teniyi(m): 6:22am On Dec 28, 2013
Recently divorced Nollywood actress Vivian Metchie says she recently adopted the Islamic faith because she found the Christian faith too confusing. Speaking with Yes! magazine on her conversion, Ms Metchie said it was a personal decision she had to take…

“Yeah it is personal. I understand the Koran more than the bible. All of a sudden, the Christian confusion was driving me nuts. My dad was catholic, my mum was Deeper Life, I married someone in the Redeemed Church and then all of a sudden, the few religions had something bad to say about each other. I just couldn’t take it anymore. A friend of mine who is close to me said that once you are grounded on the word, it wont be confusing. Unfortunately, maybe I wasn’t grounded in the word, but I still could see what I see. But in my quest and study and research, I don’t know: I was probably looking for peace. Yeah! That was what I was looking for and I found it in the Koran”.

The mother of 4 who has adopted Fareedah as her muslim name says her decision was well received and respected by her dad who has since stopped calling her by her native name and now calls her

Re: Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 28, 2013
Confused b1tsh
Re: Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress by mikael78: 7:01am On Dec 28, 2013
Lol...from frying Pan to Fire!! cheesy
Re: Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 28, 2013
heskay0: I was born a muslim, lived n raised in a musliim home.....Oh Allah weneva u wnt 2 tk my soul pls mk me die as a muslim. Amin
I like that brother. Takes courage to drown with a sinking ship.grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress by elhafeez(m): 8:42am On Dec 28, 2013
I congratulate u for finding the one true religion. A religion which cannot be manipulated by the so called civilization. No matter how bad or evil they try to paint islam its light would always shine. I'll love any unbeliever to read the first ten verses of the Holy Quran (the translation and commentary) you'l know islam and its true teachings.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress by PastorOluT(m): 9:50am On Dec 28, 2013
ismokeweed:
I like that brother. Takes courage to drown with a sinking ship.grin

lol
Re: Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 28, 2013
elhafeez: I congratulate u for finding the one true religion. A religion which cannot be manipulated by the so called civilization. No matter how bad or evil they try to paint islam its light would always shine. I'll love any unbeliever to read the first ten verses of the Holy Quran (the translation and commentary) you'l know islam and its true teachings.
Thanks but no thanks. Using d word 'unbeliever' shows ur myopia
Re: Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress by UyiIredia(m): 10:09am On Dec 28, 2013
Seems like its an Igbo girl. What's up with Igbo and Islam these days ? I hear a number of them converting in recent times, earlier this year some converted at the Lagos Central Mosque at Alausa.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 28, 2013
heskay0:

Dats cos dey've found d beauty of Islam

Re: Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 28, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Seems like its an Igbo girl. What's up with Igbo and Islam these days ? I hear a number of them converting in recent times, earlier this year some converted at the Lagos Central Mosque at Alausa.

Lol, not to worry. 75 percent of them de-convert after a few years.

They rush in without knowing the true nature of islam. Once they know, they back out
Re: Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress by Ranchhoddas: 11:04am On Dec 28, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

lol
hypocrite.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress by teniyi(m): 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, not to worry. 75 percent of them de-convert after a few years.

They rush in without knowing the true nature of islam. Once they know, they back out
Lies. Make your research and determine if its true they come in and out again. The true is that the Igbo are coming and remaining in islam just like the Briton and the American especially the women. That's the will is the the will of Allah. There was a lie that Islam enslave women but when women read quran the see their full right there. Someone just said read the first chapter in the Quran and see if you wont fall in love with it.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
teniyi:
Lies. Make your research and determine if its true they come in and out again. The true is that the Igbo are coming and remaining in islam just like the Briton and the American especially the women. That's the will is the the will of Allah. There was a lie that Islam enslave women but when women read quran the see their full right there. Someone just said read the first chapter in the Quran and see if you wont fall in love with it.

Sorry, the research has already been carried out. A few minutes on google will reveal that to you.

And sorry, this will be my final reply as I'm unfollowing the thread. It has been moved to a section I never visit and try not to comment on.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam - Vivian Metche, A Nollywood Actress by teniyi(m): 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
rationalmind:

Sorry, the research has already been carried out. A few minutes on google will reveal that to you.

And sorry, this will be my final reply as I'm unfollowing the thread. It has been meved to a section I never visit and try not to comment on.
whatever, pride is written everywhere in your attitude, I have not stopped saying you should read the Quran perhaps you can get a way to salvation.

(1) (Reply)

High Quality Art Decoration For Evry Muslim Home nd Office (pocket Friendly)+pic / What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? / Why Do Muslims Face The East ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.