Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Omeruo Seeks Chelsea Exit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Omeruo Seeks Chelsea Exit (605 Views)

John Obi Mikel Agrees Chelsea Exit / Funny Chelsea Exit Pictures / Kenneth Omeruo And Super Falcons Star, Asisat Oshoala Spotted Together In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Omeruo Seeks Chelsea Exit by solbase10(m): 11:35am On Dec 28, 2013
Nigeria head coach, Stephen Keshi, has confirmed to supersport.com that Kenneth Omeruo, will leave Chelsea on loan.

Keshi explained that it is imperative for the centre-back to leave Stamford Bridge to secure regular playing time to boost his World Cup chance with Nigeria.

“I know he will leave Chelsea soon and it will be on loan. This is a World Cup year and I’ve told him that he needs to be playing regularly to have a chance of being part the team to the World Cup,” said the Nigerian manager to supersport.com from Port Harcourt on Friday.

The 20-year-old defender last season spent 18 months on loan at Dutch club, ADO Den Haag and Keshi believes that the spell helped the young centre half’s development.

“Kenneth is an important player for us and he showed that this year during the (Africa) Cup of Nations. It was good at the time that he spent his time on loan in The Netherlands (with ADO Den Haag after signing for Chelsea) and that helped his career well.

“I believe he will leave Chelsea soon (on loan) to have playing time since this is a World Cup year,” said the former Mali and Togo manager.

Omeruo made his debut for Nigeria in a goalless draw with Cape Verde in a friendly match earlier this year and played a key role in the Super Eagles’ run up to winning the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

Read More: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/news/2013/12/omeruo-seeks-chelsea-exit

Re: Omeruo Seeks Chelsea Exit by striker9(m): 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
Good
Re: Omeruo Seeks Chelsea Exit by kokoA(m): 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
Better for him o.. I'd prefer a defender who pays regularly in the tunisian league than a chelsea defender who doesn't even get to seat on the bench during matches.

(1) (Reply)

Messi Is Back!!!! / ManU not in Top 20 IFFHS-World Club Ranking 2013.. / World Cup Fact File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.