Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men (24289 Views)

How Nigeria Won The 1996 Olympics Football Gold / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Beijing 2008 Olympics - Football Event (Falcons) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by hollandis(f): 11:55am On Aug 13, 2008
VANZEKIN IS POSSESSED FOR THST PENALTY

ANICHEBE IS A DISSAPOINTMENT

OSAZE IS A DISSAPOINTMENT

SIASIA IS QUESTIONABLE IN TECHNICAL SENSE

OKONKWO IS A MUTHA FUCKER
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by TheJoker1(m): 11:55am On Aug 13, 2008
Our boys almost give person stroke in the last few minutes of extra time with some very selfish and inexperienced moves but at last we thank God say e don go thru,
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by youngies(m): 11:56am On Aug 13, 2008
Vanziken is a good keeper, but whenever he is bored, he creates action for himself
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by hollandis(f): 11:56am On Aug 13, 2008
JAMES IS AN ASS

OKONKWO IS A FOOL(WAT CLUB DOES HE PLAY FOR)?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by FBS: 11:57am On Aug 13, 2008
I didnt watch the match, but then I guess the drama added to the sweetness of victory, that is football!
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by Iyineda(m): 11:57am On Aug 13, 2008
Why were our players so nonchalent ? Like they didn't care if they conceeded a goal or not. Vanzekin, the HELL was he thinking ?!!!!!! angry
I'm not impressed at all. They have the talent (who ever doubted ?) but certainly not the spirit nor the attitude. I am really pissed. Really.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by nguage(m): 11:57am On Aug 13, 2008
Is Vanzekin into some religion that believes in giving goals away for free? We need a psychologist to examine that boy.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by topeorekoy(m): 11:57am On Aug 13, 2008
Vazekin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT EVER MAKE SUCH SCHOOL BOY MISTAKES AGAIN. he did such against japan and not today again.

thank God we are thru
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by smile4kenn(m): 11:58am On Aug 13, 2008
the game was full of suspense and fiction
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by hollandis(f): 11:58am On Aug 13, 2008
NIGERIA CANT WIN THE CUP

LET ME LAY MY HOPE ON CHUKWUEMEKA VIVIAN ,BECOS I KNOW OUR RUNNERS WILL Bleep UP
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by otokx(m): 11:59am On Aug 13, 2008
NEPA took light 6 mins to the end of the match so i was spared a heart attack; siasia needs to read the game fast or we will come home sooner. As for vanzekin he needs to keep his generousity for his country men. Had we met an 11 man US team the story might have been different
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by McKren(m): 11:59am On Aug 13, 2008
guys take it easy, it looks like the team is as volatile as the fan

Is'nt the most important thing the fact that we are through

We were in a football match where US had nothing more to loose and decided to throw it all to us in the last minute, and yes Vanzekin should not have come out but lets celebrate victory and learn from our mistakes.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by TheJoker1(m): 11:59am On Aug 13, 2008
hollandis:

A messed up greedyass, selfish, stress inducing mo4kr
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by MrCrackles(m): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2008
I am very skeptical about our chances of a medal in the footy category but i am hoping we can win a couple of medals in the track and fields

at least be consistent with the past few olympics, it is a shame when a large country like Nigeria would be happy with a 1-3medals! embarassed
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by nguage(m): 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2008
hollandis:

VANZEKIN IS POSSESSED FOR THST PENALTY

OSAZE IS A DISSAPOINTMENT

SIASIA IS QUESTIONABLE IN TECHNICAL SENSE

OKONKWO IS A MUTHA FUCKER

Your ability to make sense is questionable. If you feel like criticizing, do it constructively.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by yommys01(m): 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2008
I also have doubts about our member chance at the olympics but I believe Siasia is up to the task. It is obvious that he has no midfield and the boys were not given the right instruction in the second half and that was what led to the unneccessary rush for goals forgetting their backline but good a thing we are through. We can only get better.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by sleekstar: 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2008
Nigeria 2 - USA 1

In the last  5 minutes there could have been 5 goals - exciting match

Nigeria and Netherlands qualify!

see www.711football.com for news
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by FBS: 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2008
haba, you guys relax now, yes he made a stupid mistake, but he has been making excellent saves, give the guys some kudos I beg,
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by McKren(m): 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2008
FBS:

haba, you guys relax now, yes he made a stupid mistake, but he has been making excellent saves, give the guys some kudos I beg,

Some of us dont understand the amount of pressure involved when you carry the hopes of 140 million people in your goal post.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by vichel(m): 12:07pm On Aug 13, 2008
yommys01:

I also have doubts about our member chance at the olympics but I believe Siasia is up to the task. It is obvious that he has no midfield and the boys were not given the right instruction in the second half and that was what led to the unneccessary rush for goals forgetting their backline but good a thing we are through. We can only get better.

Siasia chose his team, i need to know why he droped mikel knowing fully well dat he has a very crappy midfield. The Ego on dat guy, listen nobody is bigger than the nation, his differences wit mikel does ot matter. Siasia would take a chunk of the blame so far
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by FBS: 12:10pm On Aug 13, 2008
Some of us don't understand the amount of pressure involved when you carry the hopes of 140 million people in your goal post.

and does that include mr president? becos he does carry the hope of the entire nation, !
but sha, lets leave politics for another thread, grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by deor03(m): 12:10pm On Aug 13, 2008
vichel:

Siasia chose his team, i need to know why he droped mikel knowing fully well that he has a very crappy midfield. The Ego on that guy, listen nobody is bigger than the nation, his differences wit mikel does ot matter. Siasia would take a chunk of the blame so far

Cos Mikel was not interested in playing the qualifiers
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by MrCrackles(m): 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2008
deor03:

Cos Mikel was not interested in playing the qualifiers

and therefore he his not worthy of a play in the tournament stucked up asshole/busy shagging prossers all over london!
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by opokonwa(m): 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2008
pussy_full:

all of you are goats - even Americans are praising their team that lost - but here in Nigeria - we are blaming instead of praising the team - this is why the black man is nothing but a big fool.
Including you.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by vichel(m): 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2008
Hey Pussy full, shut your bitch ass up, and stop acting like your freakin name. Wit da preparation of the dream team, and the situation of the red card the match gave, they had no reason to play like they did. The US team is gettin kudos because they played with HEART and COURAGE
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by SamMilla1(m): 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2008
All in all, we won. I think this is a time to rejoice and not to condemn the players.

Maybe after today, our goalkeeper should be questioned, encouraged and possibly punished for his acts.
The 2 goals he conceeded was as a result of his personal blunders.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by youngies(m): 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2008
FBS:

No problem if you say so, it is just that anytime we are playing and Vanziken is in post, the scoreboard should just read 1 for our opponents even before the kick off.

He is did this stupid thing against Japan and he was pardoned.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by yommys01(m): 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2008
sleekstar:

Nigeria 2 - USA 1
In the last  5 minutes there could have been 5 goals - exciting match
Nigeria and Netherlands qualify!
see www.711football.com for news
get your facts right, it is Nigeria and Usa though based on number of goals scored

vichel:

Siasia chose his team, i need to know why he droped mikel knowing fully well that he has a very crappy midfield. The Ego on that guy, listen nobody is bigger than the nation, his differences wit mikel does ot matter. Siasia would take a chunk of the blame so far
Mikel does not want to go to Ghana then why should he go to Beijing, I agree with Siasia. Mikel is not God and he can go to hell.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by Emperoh(m): 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2008
I guess the game is wrapped up now
I am still not comfortable with the play of these guys now
If we meet the Argies or CIV, na wahala be that ooh
They are core professionals and will kill you off  for any miskates sorry mistake grin grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by McKren(m): 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2008
The current Mikel Obi we saw in Nations cup would not have done anymore than Sani Kaita is doing

Which is win balls and pass simple balls to the nearest player

What we are lacking is a midfield maestro and not a defensive midfielder.

But Mikel would have done himself more good by identifying with his colleagues.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by Iyineda(m): 12:19pm On Aug 13, 2008
@ yommys01 :
YOU should get your facts right. Nigeria tops the group with 7 points. The Netherlands follow with 5 points. And the US stops at 4. wink
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men by MrCrackles(m): 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2008
Exactly, criticisms doesnt really matter now, we just hope they learn from thier mistakes because we may not be lucky next time!

Overall, steady improvement in thier performances since the start of the competition and hopefully we can get better!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Vincent Kompany Has Been Appointed As New Manager Of Burnley / Nigerians Berate Napoli, Rage After Club Admin Trolls Osimhen Over Penalty Miss / Neymar Accused Of Rape By Woman He Reportedly Met Through Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.