Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

P - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / P (1161 Views)

In Need Of Serious Help And Advice URGENTLY!!! / A Pregnant Woman Going Insane Because Of Her Hubby, Needs Your Advice Urgently. / Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P by papydan(m): 7:36am On Dec 29, 2013
.*
Re: P by hammedkola(m): 7:47am On Dec 29, 2013
On what?
Re: P by papydan(m): 7:49am On Dec 29, 2013
w
Re: P by papydan(m): 8:17am On Dec 29, 2013
b
Re: P by hammedkola(m): 8:25am On Dec 29, 2013
Okay, so what happen next?
Re: P by papydan(m): 8:27am On Dec 29, 2013
e h
Re: P by dejt4u(m): 8:28am On Dec 29, 2013
Re: P by papydan(m): 8:33am On Dec 29, 2013
s
Re: P by papydan(m): 8:45am On Dec 29, 2013
i
Re: P by Swot26(m): 8:46am On Dec 29, 2013
Charlie.....open another topic and put everything in one pot#just maadvice# I wish to help tho
Re: P by papydan(m): 8:50am On Dec 29, 2013
s
Re: P by papydan(m): 10:40am On Dec 29, 2013
o
Re: P by papydan(m): 10:52am On Dec 29, 2013
s
Re: P by papydan(m): 11:04am On Dec 29, 2013
m
Re: P by papydan(m): 11:11am On Dec 29, 2013
after some time d other car was sold too.dad pension stop,my all my animals died.i got a job so i was only coming home wkend.
Re: P by papydan(m): 11:16am On Dec 29, 2013
a
Re: P by papydan(m): 11:20am On Dec 29, 2013
m
Re: P by papydan(m): 11:25am On Dec 29, 2013
s
Re: P by papydan(m): 11:37am On Dec 29, 2013
s
Re: P by papydan(m): 11:49am On Dec 29, 2013
so
Re: P by papydan(m): 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
Re: P by papydan(m): 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
Re: P by papydan(m): 12:44pm On Dec 29, 2013
Re: P by Ferya(f): 12:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
Hello house, I need your advice urgently,i lost my dad close to 2 year nw. We r 7children, my mum had 4 children and my step mum had 3 children. both mother ve male child each. We r d senior and our mother left dad b4 he got married 2 my step mum. He had one house in lagos and another in the village. There was 2plot of land in lagos,2 cars and his pension money was still b paid. My 2 eldest sis dont stay wit us cos one is married and d other stay on her own. So which make us five children wit my step mum dat is at home. i had access to atm pin of dad, so adjusting to normal life was easy. His pension was coming and every body was happy (so i thought) and i became d automatic daddy of d house. so i told dem we should sell both cars.(jetta and benz).my younger broda object to d ideal and every other person supported me we should sell he later concur. One of the cars was sold. I told my step mum i want her to start business wit it in d shop in front of house, cos i was alread using one of d shop for my farm. She gave an excuse dat market dont sell much our area. So i use d proceed do sink bore hole, renovatn in d house and d rest to feed. My younger broda was nt happy. He was expecting me to share d money. After some time d other car was sold too.dad pension stop,my all my animals died. I got a job so i was only coming home wkend. After 2 months of wking, I quit cos no salary. thing were tough at home and I even had to be borrow to some bills at home. my step mum and younger broda started 2 gossip dat I sold d 2 cars and there nothing 2 show 4 it. She even said it to my face at home bt I over luk it.
[quote][/quote]

@ papydan Could you arrange your story as I did above? It is a big challenge for me trying to read them in bits, because somebody may comment while you have not finished posting.

However, I must say that you are a courageous man coordinating the affairs of your family after the death of your father. Do not feel sad about the situation of things in your family presently because it will not last forever.
In my opinion, I think you should ignore all side comments and focus on unifying your family again. It will not be easy but you can try your best. I will also suggest you have a family meeting where you remind them of your efforts and also their contribution to the challenges facing the family. You can also encourage them to be steadfast and patient. I will also suggest you try not to sell any other family property and try to search for another job.
Finally, God answers prayers hold on to him. I wish you all the best!

3 Likes

Re: P by papydan(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
@
Re: P by papydan(m): 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
Re: P by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
@Papydan,
You sound like a nice person, but definitely not a good manager of human and money. Before you take decisions, always consult the stake holders! Your siblings and step mum are stake holders here and what you do with your dad's property should not be your sole decision. Even as an employer, when you don't consult your employees at all before taking decisions that will affect production or workers' welfare, you are a dictator! Your younger brother, though seem more like agbojulogun- he is right. He may have a serious need for money that he couldn't discuss with you!

Also, you sold cars and land to sink bore hole and give your house a face lift while the rest was used for upkeep? Doesn't sound wise to me. If you must sell, it's better to sell with the intention of investing. Before you know what's up, you will sell off everything the man left behind, and in the words of your step mum and bro- you will all have nothing to show for it!

Don't give up now though, its not too late.
Hold a meeting of stake holders.
Personally, have an investment plan should you all agree to sell and share the proceeds
Decide on how best to manage the properties such that it will yield money to maintain the house, pay school fees and all.
Just ensure that you all agree for peace to reign!

1 Like

Re: P by Ferya(f): 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
candy: @Papydan,
You sound like a nice person, but definitely not a good manager of human and money. Before you take decisions, always consult the stake holders! Your siblings and step mum are stake holders here and what you do with your dad's property should not be your sole decision. Even as an employer, when you don't consult your employees at all before taking decisions that will affect production or workers' welfare, you are a dictator! Your younger brother, though seem more like agbojulogun- he is right. He may have a serious need for money that he couldn't discuss with you!

Also, you sold cars and land to sink bore hole and give your house a face lift while the rest was used for upkeep? Doesn't sound wise to me. If you must sell, it's better to sell with the intention of investing. Before you know what's up, you will sell off everything the man left behind, and in the words of your step mum and bro- you will all have nothing to show for it!

Don't give up now though, its not too late.
Hold a meeting of stake holders.
Personally, have an investment plan should you all agree to sell and share the proceeds
Decide on how best to manage the properties such that it will yield money to maintain the house, pay school fees and all.
Just ensure that you all agree for peace to reign!

@ papydan
Candy is right, you should listen to the decisions of every member of your family. Please, try not to impose your decision on them. I suggest that the family draws up plan on the business to invest in future. You can still invest in poultry farm again but try to find out from professionals the proper way to do it. You can also find out from NL business section how to do any type of poultry farm.

I will advise you to stop selling off your father's property, it took him many years to acquire those things for you guys and you have almost sold them off in short a time! Please, you all should look for something to do to survive in order to avoid selling your house. I do not know how your father will feel watching you guys selling and eating everything without investing the money. Take care!
Re: P by papydan(m): 12:05am On Dec 30, 2013
@
Re: P by papydan(m): 12:53am On Dec 30, 2013
@
Re: P by dejt4u(m): 5:34am On Dec 30, 2013
papydan: @ candy, pls wat do mean b agbojulogun?
agbojulogun is a yoruba word that is used to describe person dat solely depend on his/her parents wealth nd properties
Re: P by papydan(m): 11:36am On Dec 30, 2013
@

(1) (Reply)

Is De-friending People On FB And Blocking Calls A Sign Of Arrogance/pride? / 7 Decisions Every Man Must Make / Is It Wrong For A Married Woman To Acquire Properties In Her Own Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.