Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,429 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

How Do I Connect A Form To Mysql Database - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Connect A Form To Mysql Database (7929 Views)

Most Used Mysql Database Functions / Android Quiz Application With Json Parser, Php And Mysql Database / Localhost Not Allowed To Connect To MySQL. Help!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Connect A Form To Mysql Database by elnino3(m): 7:31am On Aug 05, 2008
how can i connect a form on either dreamweaver or frontpage to a mysql database or is there any other ways of doing it.
also i would like to know the benefits of phpmyadmin in respect to php source code generation and how it works
Re: How Do I Connect A Form To Mysql Database by jmslimx(m): 9:26am On Aug 05, 2008
All you need to do is to get mysql running on your local machine , then you would have to goto php my admin set your database parameters . Now goto dream weaver on the right hand side you would see application click on it under it you would see database . Read dreamweaver help file for more. I hope this helps you.
Re: How Do I Connect A Form To Mysql Database by benGALLERY(m): 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2008
My Brother, i will like to advice you.

For you to be the master of you PHP code learn to write it from the source code, the Dreamweaver Server Behaviour is not a solution.

if you can understand the code here a typical PHP connection string to MySQL db.

<?php

define ('DB_USER', 'type_username_here');
define ('DB_PASSWORD', 'type_password_here''');
define ('DB_HOST', 'localhost');
define ('DB_NAME', 'type_database_here');

$conn = @mysql_connect (DB_HOST, DB_USER, DB_PASSWORD) or die('Failure: ' . mysql_error() );
mysql_select_db(DB_NAME) or die ('Could not select database: ' . mysql_error() );

?>

thats all.

and for phpMyAdmin, this solution is a web base MySQL Admin tool, and it is very important also.

Cantact me for more help
info@bengallery.net
Re: How Do I Connect A Form To Mysql Database by simsind: 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2008
To connect a form to mysql database through dreamweaver folloe this process very well and at the end i am sure you have you problem solved:

step1::develop you database in mysql command interface using sql syntax or design it through phpmyadmin(i'll explain later)

step2::after the development or designing the database, open your webpage in dreamweaver to connect the database to the form
NOTE:: THE NAME OF TH FORM ON THE WEBPAGE COS IT WILL BE MADE USE OF LATER

step 3:: At the top rigth hand corner of your DW tool after the webpage must have been opened
Click on database and a sublink will open "mysql connection" then click on it
step4:: A dialog page will open
STEP 5:: I'LL CONTINUE IF YOU GET IT SO FOLLOW THIS STEP
AND IF ARE ABLE TO GET TO THIS DIALOGUE BOX THEN WE CONTINUE ELSE I,LL START ALL OVER
SO LET ME SEE YOUR RESPONSES
Re: How Do I Connect A Form To Mysql Database by Mcmorah: 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2008
Let me second benGallery and also say you need a good grip on the php language so as to do common task like mysql database or any other database for that matter. In anycase here is a much more simpler connection script

<?php
$hostname = "localhost";
$database = "yourdatabasename";
$username = "root";
$password = "yourpassword";
$conn = mysql_pconnect($hostname, $username, $password) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
mysql_select_db('yourdatabasename');
?>

just paste this at the start of the source code page and be sure to substistute "yourdatabasename" and "yourpassword" with their actual values

(1) (Reply)

Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. / Top 5 Website To Access Or Download The Best Online Courses For Free / Learn Programming, Graphics & Animation Free!!: Nairaland Group Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.