Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,887 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) (126715 Views)

Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Smoke Shisha ( Pics ) / Nigerian Celebrities That Are Still Virgins ( Photos ) / Rita Dominic's New Look At Nollywood Movie Awards 2013 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
ambrosini593: Nollywood has been in existence for over twenty years now, It’s impact has been great in the African cinema. Sadly, there are some famous actors and actresses who had tremendous impacts but are no more now. Here is the list some of the famous deaths that have rocked Nollywood since 2011. Here are List Of Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 and 2013, may their soul rest in peace.

Goldie

Susan Oluwabimpe "Goldie" Filani Harvey was a Nigerian professional singer. She was married to Andrew Harvey. The R&B artist - born Susan Filani - died on Thursday evening (February 14) at Reddington Hospital in Victoria Island, Lagos,

Justus Esiri

He was said to have passed on Febuary 18,2013 in a Lagos hospital. A source said the now late Justus Esiri has been secretly battling diabetes for a while but his family chose to make it a secret until his sudden demise at the age of 71 .

AHMED ALASAR

Very popular within the Yoruba industry, Comedian Alasari died in a car crash in March 2011. The cause of the accident was as a result of a tyre burst causing the car to swerve off the road and overturning numerous times, killing him instantly. His last credit, Omo Nightclub, was a big hit.

Fatai Rolling Dollar

Among some of the notable figures who have died in the year just ending is Fatai Rolling Dollar, an indigene of Ede town in the state of Osun, Nigeria.

ASHLEY NWOSU

Very famous in playing the role of a villain in his movies, Nwosu’s death was as a result of a liver complication and he passed away at the military hospital in his hometown, Yaba in April 2011. His famous movies are Endless Night, Between Two Walls, Power Brokers, Foreign Affairs, Gift from the Grave and Lagos Babes.

SAM LOCO EFE

Popular comedian, Sam Loco who starred in over 200 movies in his Nollywood career, with movies like Unforgettable Heart of Stone, Open and Close, Husband My Foot, Away Match and a popular TV series, Everyday People. He passed away August 2011, Police reports suggested the actor died of acute asthma, as two canisters of ventolin inhalers were discovered at the scene. The multi award winning actor’s career lasted for over three decades.

GERALDINE EKEOCHA
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/520494_Geraldine-Ekeocha_jpgad5de5580dd84f6a7e8ada06d6670d0f[/img]
Veteran screen princess Ekeocha passed away in September 2011 amid a fibroid operation. She is best remembered for her appearances in The King and the Maidens, Heavy Storm, Devine Twins and After My Heart.

DAVID IHEZIE

David Ihezie was very popular amongst Ugandans for his roles in David and Goliath, Brain Master, Player No 1 and King of the Forest. One of the founding fathers of Nollywood, he died after battling with Arthritis at his home

PETE ENEH

Eneh’s death in November 2012 following a leg infection has largely been attributed to spiritual attacks, ironically in line with roles he excelled at in his screen characters. Doctors at a local facility opted to amputate the actor’s leg after an earlier improper treatment had left it swollen. The operation, however, soured the illness, causing his death. Like Elebuwa, Eneh’s body is yet to be buried. Eneh is most remembered for his fatherly roles in Lonely Life, Divided Kingdom, Price of Ignorance, Heavy Rain and His Grace.in January 2012.

ENEBELI ELEBUWA

Face of Nollywood, Elebuwa died in December 2012 from a stroke he had suffered the previous year. In his quest for healing, the aging actor visited, among others, a controversial Nigerian pastor until finally being airlifted to an India hospital from where he died. His body is due for burial sometime this month. Burly and beardy Elebuwa was notable for his kingly gait which mostly saw him play snobbish characters. He is remembered for such films as Abuja Connection, Bent Arrows, Royal War and Lasting Love.

BISI KOMOLAFE

According to sources, Bisi who got engaged sometime in 2012 had been on admission at the University College Hospital (UCH) for 2 months before she lost her pregnancy, which resulted in her death. The fair-skinned thespian started her acting career over 3 years ago. Some of the movies she featured in include Igboro Ti Daru, Eja Tutu, Bolode Oku, Asiri Owo, Aiye Ore meji and many more.

http://www..com/talk/topic,186053.0.html
Touching! The greatest source of comfort to those that mourn is knowing that the deceased is with Jesus Christ. Lord, help me to live for you so that when I die, those that will mourn me will take comfort in knowing that I am with you!
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by Andyblaze: 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
May they all R.I.P

Please I want to know if this picture is real - www.nairaland.com/1572738/picture-real#1572738.7
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
EBK2:
Touching! The greatest source of comfort to those that mourn is knowing that the deceased is with Jesus Christ. Lord, help me to live for you so that when I die, those that will mourn me will take comfort in knowing that I am with you!

why will they be with that jew?

They are in the abode of ancestors. They are still with us and will be back.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ITs GOOD the f00L died.

A COMEDIAN PLAYING THE ROLE OF OUR TRADITIONAL PRIESTS!

TUFIAKWA! THE GODS CURSE ON SUCH PEOPLE! angry

No wonder he died in car crash. .
Haba!
PAGAN9JA, that's too harsh.
Respect the dead.
Btw, the guy's just a gentleman. He does his thing his own way.
I like his acts.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by Andyblaze: 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
EBK2:

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by mascot87(m): 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa:
Haba!
PAGAN9JA, that's too harsh.
Respect the dead.
Btw, the guy's just a gentleman. He does his thing his own way.
I like his acts.

Thats not the way.

They have made a mockery of our Traditional Religion! angry angry angry angry angry angry

Go to Religious Section. You will see how they are all influenced by Nollywood.

Because of such people, people think our Religions and Priests are evil mad-men.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by scholes23(m): 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
MAY THEIR SOULS AND THE SOULS OF THE FAITHFULS DEPARTED THROUGH THE MERCY OF GOD REST IN PEACE. AMEN. WE SHALL NEVER EXPERIENCE SUCH LOSSES IN THE REMAINING DAYS OF 2013 AND 2014. AMEN

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by Layolaw(f): 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
so sad! Bisi Komolafe really pain me. RIP to the dead
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by mascot87(m): 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
Nonso23:
I'm only concerned about this Icon
Séé your flat head,Mtwww
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by yomi007k(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
[quote author=luvinhubby]Who is the one in that third pix, looking like a herbalist?[/quot
Oga,him name dey dia nau. Na wa u o
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by Uchwilliam(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
I DIDNT KNOW SOME OF DEM THEM ARE DEAD.RIP
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by Sylvarresta(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
prem love: So painful that sam loco is death. I love watching his movie most especially him and ukwa. RIP sam loco we miss you
Abeg edit ur post b4 anoda person see it, is. 'Dead', nt 'death'. Don't tell any1 o
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by shinechinedu(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ITs GOOD the f00L died.

. You know ignorance kills faster than anything on earth! Just hope you don't die of it!!! The man did his job while alive and here u are spitting ur nonsense!!
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by stantob(m): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
Don't know Gerldine Ekeocha is dead. May her soul rest in peace. May all their souls rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by Chuks80: 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
We remember dem 4 d roles they played. What shall u & I be remembered 4.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by CiloCharles(m): 4:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
R I P
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by fabulousdame(f): 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
RIP to d dead...
i dint even know about Geraldine's death oh shocked shocked
where ve i been self.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Thats not the way.

They have made a mockery of our Traditional Religion! angry angry angry angry angry angry

Because of such people, people think our Religions and Priests are evil mad-men.
Agreed.
Nollywood has failed to depict the true Nigerian Traditional Religion when acting things related to it.
But I still feel your earlier comment is too harsh!
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Thats not the way.

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Agreed.
Nollywood has failed to depict the true Nigerian Traditional Religion when acting things related to it.
But I still feel your earlier comment is too harsh!

The World is harsh!

When has anyone been kind to our faith and people?

That is the reality.

After all, what I said is just a comment. .
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by weedtaker: 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ITs GOOD the f00L died.

oboi u be mad man
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by sushieater: 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
Well, all I can say is RIP to everyone in advance grin.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by jesuspikinjp(m): 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
sushieater: Well, all I can say is RIP to everyone in advance grin.

you are not left out either
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

After all, what I said is just a comment.
Hm!
Be careful with the choice of word.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by vislabraye(m): 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
They are much !!
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by Newkidoo(m): 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
RIP... we love you all... Real life begins after death.. live your life happily and fulfilled..thanks..

well b4 I go I want to do a little promotion of a thread.. just check it out and try to drop a comment or two..ciao

www.nairaland.com/1572324/typical-nairalander

thanks for commenting
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by damoobaba: 4:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
Paroman:
Dude, check well again. She was the last name listed in the article.
The OP just modified his post,she wasn't on d list initially.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by jesuspikinjp(m): 4:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
shinechinedu: . You know ignorance kills faster than anything on earth! Just hope you don't die of it!!! The man did his job while alive and here u are spitting ur nonsense!!

I dont even know what the herblist is doing on the net while his mates are in the shrine consulting their gods, that shows he doesn't give a monkey about the gods
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
jesuspikin(jp):

I dont even know what the herblist is doing on the net while his mates are in the shrine consulting their gods, that shows he doesn't give a monkey about the gods

lmao look at this f00L!

you are living in the 15th century.

We Pagans progress with time.

We do not go by a book like you xtians.

wat has Gods got to do with internet?

Are You on facebook?

Go check out. Most Babalawos have facebook accounts and personal websites.

Keep sticking to your Nollywood trash, that portrays us a backward.

Also the binary system format used in your computer was already being used for 1000s of years by Yoruba Babalawos in Ifa Divination.

WAKE UP AFRICA!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
mr_born_todo_it: Rip, God gives,God takes cool

If u know the bible u won't make such statement . God doesn't use bad things to tempt us. He never takes. Read James 1:13. So stop blaming God for what he didn't do. Satan is responsible for all the bad things that happen to us. Others r caused by we ourselves. And still others r caused by unforseen occurrences. Learn n speak right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AY Poses With A Pretty Lady In Bikini / E-Money Shows His House In Uli, Anambra (Photos) / Bobrisky Dressed As A Man To His Father's Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.