Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,326 members, 7,822,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Fresh Tears (a Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fresh Tears (a Short Story) (929 Views)

My True Love Story ........ Telling You With Tears! / Tears Of A Broken Heart-a Short Story / The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Tears (a Short Story) by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 29, 2013
Coming right up!
Re: Fresh Tears (a Short Story) by adegwurulez(m): 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
undecided u'r not yet through with the other one na
Re: Fresh Tears (a Short Story) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
ok
Re: Fresh Tears (a Short Story) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
adegwurulez: undecided u'r not yet through with the other one na
which one is that
Re: Fresh Tears (a Short Story) by bukkylicious: 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
Where Iڪ d story? undecided
Re: Fresh Tears (a Short Story) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
bukkylicious: Where Iڪ d story? undecided
coming up
Re: Fresh Tears (a Short Story) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
"She was a gem among others, she was a friend indeed among friends, she always had her smile on even in the toughest of situations, she had hopes so high that even the tallest sky scrapper cannot reach, she was strong and determined, she had dreams, she had visions....." I couldn't hold the tears any longer

Sickle cell anaemia, a deadly disease I thought to myself, who are we to blame, God or man! Some thinks we should blame man, but who made man fall in love in the first place, they fall in love with someone with their blood group and it becomes hard to part ways, they risk it and give birth to a sickle celled, we grow to love them and then just at the time we realise we can hardly do without them, death comes and takes them away, they don't deserve their fate, its not their fault, why do they have to live in the first place, why do they have to live to die.

Ada was my best friend, I remember the first day I met her, it was my first day in secondary school, I was young and shy, I came into the classroom as ordered by the principal after a goodbye kiss from my mom, It was during the long break and the class was disorganised, I went quietly to sit at an empty chair at the corner and watched as the students played cheerfully around

"Hello new cormer" I heard a voice say behind me, I turned back and saw her smiling at me
"Hello" I replied excited and happy that I was noticed
"I am Ada" she had said to me
"Kumbi" I had replied

We became friends that minute as she was new too and had not made any friend yet, we became best friends, read together, played games together, I wasn't a brilliant student, I had very low marks and my classmates wouldn't move around with a dullard but Ada stood by me, she helped me build and made me smile even when there was nothing to smile about

It was the last day of school, we just finished our waec, the last paper was chemistry and that was her best subject, we boasted about how well we wrote it and what wonderful grades we were expecting, we wouldn't see till our valedictory service in school, we already bought our cloths, the same type, bought our shoes and decided on the style of hair to make, we hugged and I watched her board the bus home, if I knew I wouldn't see her again, I would have given her a hug, or given her a kiss, or even returned the gulder pen she gave me for my birthday.

Few days to our graduation, I called her number but it wouldn't go through, I was worried but I was sure she was alright, I never thought she could be gone, I didn't think she would leave me anytime soon, we were going to the same university, we had plans, we filled in the same course, she never told me she was leaving me, until I got to school only to find out she was dead, she died few days back at the general hospital

I sat alone and spoke to no one, I shed my tears alone and thought of nothing else but her, I ate nothing and participated in nothing, few minutes to the end of the programme, I was called to give a little speech about her, how do they expect me to give a speech when I was still shocked.

"...she couldn't have gone, she was too strong, she was very strong...." I dropped the microphone and ran out of the hall, I just kept running, I heard foot steps behind me, they were trying to stop me, they didn't stop Ada from going, they didn't stop her from leaving me, they didn't stop the sickle cells from taking her away, now they want to stop me, I just kept running I didn't have a destination in mind, I just had to run from away from reality.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Tears (a Short Story) by qweenaxx(f): 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
cry cry so so touching
Re: Fresh Tears (a Short Story) by Geestarry(f): 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
Hmmm. Staying Tuned
Re: Fresh Tears (a Short Story) by jummy604: 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2013
Awww!ehya.following...

(1) (Reply)

[story]my Encounter With Blessing Part 1 / Shackles Of Wailing Whispers / Happy World Poetry Day! Drop A Verse Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.