Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,233 members, 7,860,488 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:33 AM

Can You Explain These - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can You Explain These (669 Views)

FRANKIRIRI Can You Explain How The Indians Use Buffettology In America ? / Company Directors, Investors and Share Allocation: Can Someone Explain? / How Can You Explain This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can You Explain These by Melifew(m): 11:10am On Aug 05, 2008
I AM CONFUSED CONCERNING THESE TOPIC IN THE SENSE THAT IF I HAVE SHARES/STOCKS IN ZENITH BANK ABOUT 1000 UNIT AT 20 NAIRA FOR EXAMPLE IF THEY RELEASE THEIR FINANCIAL REPORT TO THE MARKET AND THEY DECLARE DIVIDEND N BONUS AND THEY WERE LIKE DATE OF CLOSURE IS 20TH AUGUST. THEN AFTER THE CLOSURE DATE 20 TH AUGUST BY 22 AUGUST THE PRICE HAVE APPREICATED TO ABOUT 30 NAIRA I INTEND TO SALE IT WILL I GET A BUY AND ALSO BENEFIT FROM THE BONUS AND DIVIDEND DECLARE.
THANKS
Re: Can You Explain These by lilrukevwe(m): 8:11pm On Aug 06, 2008
well ur write up wasnt that clear but i guess i grabbed a bit the truth is that wen they bonuses and dividend wat they do is that they close the registrar and then if u are not on the network before they close the registrar then u are not entitled to and bonus so the best option is to wait for the bonus and the dividen but the truth is that after they have declared dividend and issued bonus the price is bound to drop so as to be able to cover up
But by then u can sell but if u sell i cant guarantee u that u wud get the bonus excet the broker is so slow to cross the deal bfore they close the registrar.
Re: Can You Explain These by Melifew(m): 11:36am On Aug 07, 2008
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Help B4 My Broker Finishes Me!1 / How To Create A Marketing Plan - Part 1 / Need Someone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.