Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,019 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

How To Control Incest In The Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Control Incest In The Family? (5533 Views)

Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest / HORROR: Incest 'cult' Started By A Brother & Sister Who Had Sex With Each Other! / If Homosexuality Is Okay What Is Wrong With Bestiality, Incest, Adultery Etc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 29, 2013
A lot of us have slept with our brother/sister when growing up, for me I was disvirgined at the age of 5 by my uncle after that I started sleeping with my brother cause of the urge and my uncle left for secondary school I slept with my brother till I was in ss1(when I knew wat I was doing is wrong) tho my brother still make moves trying to seduce me for example he walks around the house with his manhood erect or saying words like "if you want us to do it am ready". He is now a sex addict and carries ashawo and gals around. I knw its all my fault and don't know how to help him and I also spoke to him that I know what I did is wrong but I have asked the lord to forgive me and help my brother too. This happens in homes mostly where the parents are not always around. I want to have kids too and I don't want the same thing happening to them. Please help me prevent and control this.
I know I am not the only child this is happening too, it was common in the 1980's and 1990's cos some parents use maids and relatives to take care of their kids and the "helpers" use the kids as sex experiment. please don't insult me or any1 cause a lot of us may claim it dint happen to them cause its online. How can we prevent this generation from suffering the same thing

1 Like

Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by 4tunebest(f): 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
Mrs incredible, this is really incredible. Anyway I admire your sincerity. It takes a whole lot of courage to post something like this on an open forum. No pretense whatsoever
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by maclatunji: 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
OP, you can do a lot to help curb incest in the society. My advice to you as a victim that wants to help others is to kindly highlight the factors you feel allowed this terrible thing to happen to you and how you think they can be reduced or eliminated.

I salute your courage and I believe this is part of your healing process.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by olymurphy(f): 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
Busy will come back to comment
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
If you decide to have kids, pls be there for them.
After having like 8 kids, how can you look after 8 kids by yourself.

Pls, at most 3, so you give them the time and also protect them from insane animals .

It's your duty as a parent to take care of any child you bring to this world.
If not, better not have them.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
maclatunji: OP, you can do a lot to help curb incest in the society. My advice to you as a victim that wants to help others is to kindly highlight the factors you feel allowed this terrible thing to happen to you and how you think they can be reduced or eliminated.

I salute your courage and I believe this is part of your healing process.
I already stated it there.

But to me I feel bringing uncivilized pple from d village is bad cos all they think abt is sex. I don't really blame my parents for not bin around but I blame them for not asking about my life. For example as a parent wen you come bck from work I knw u r very tired but always talk to ur children it helps a lot. Dis affect my relationship now cos all I feel men want is sex.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by pragmatistm(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
I salute your ciurage to open up here. The best way is to study word of God, the Bible. I want to honestly tell you the problrm will be eliminated if you apply Bible principles. many have been helped. But this help is not got ftom churches. The people that can help you are Jehovah' Witnesses. They will be happy to use the Bible to help you out. Please call on them the next time you see them preaching and ask for help. Im waiting for your reports.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
Chillisauce: If you decide to have kids, pls be there for them.
After having like 8 kids, how can you look after 8 kids by yourself.

Pls, at most 3, so you give them the time and also protect them from insane animals .

It's your duty as a parent to take care of any child you bring to this world.
If not, better not have them.
tanx. Am not planing to have plenty kids
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
For the girls, make sure you bathe them yourself, after three yrs, teach her to wash her private part herself. NO ONE should touch her or wash her there, even you!
Do same for the boys. As from three yrs they should be in charge of their organs.

Report to you any abuse. Bonding with your kids matter a lot

3 Likes

Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
pragmatist_m: I salute your ciurage to open up here. The best way is to study word of God, the Bible. I want to honestly tell you the problrm will be eliminated if you apply Bible principles. many have been helped. But this help is not got ftom churches. The people that can help you are Jehovah' Witnesses. They will be happy to use the Bible to help you out. Please call on them the next time you see them preaching and ask for help. Im waiting for your reports.
u don't need to advertise ur church the one I attend is ok for me changing churches isn't a problem.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
Start by not throwing your doors open to whoever calls his/herself a relative,no house helps either,never ask any one to babysit for you,at least until the kids can speak for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by pragmatistm(m): 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
mrsincredible: u don't need to advertise ur church the one I attend is ok for me changing churches isn't a problem.

Sorry if you are offended. But you, your parents and your relatives that did that to you have been attending churches but that still happened. You see, you need accurate knowledge of God frim the Bible. Even your children. Jehovah' witnesses study with even children materials based on the Bible that teach children to avoid pedophiles or child molesters. So when I posted my above post, I wasn't exergerating on what u stand to gain.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by prettymaxy(f): 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
Op God bless u 4 being sincere.
Dis is a v. Serious issue in d jsociet
It also happend to sum1 I knw, d parents didn't knw until d brother got his younger sis preggy
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nomski0(f): 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
Chillisauce: For the girls, make sure you bathe them yourself, after three yrs, teach her to wash her private part herself. NO ONE should touch her or wash her there, even you!
Do same for the boys. As from three yrs they should be in charge of their organs.

This is very true.

Also a close mother-daughter relationship reduces the risk of early molestation. Make your baby girl your best friend, she'll hardly keep such stuff from you.

But seriously Op, your brother......he's weird and just plain gross. sad Are you his only sister?
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
Nomski0:

This is very true.

Also a close mother-daughter relationship reduces the risk of early molestation. Make your baby girl your best friend, she'll hardly keep such stuff from you.

But seriously Op, your brother......he's weird and just plain gross. sad Are you his only sister?
I blame myself cos I introduced him to such if not he won't say such to me

pragmatist_m:
Sorry if you are offended. But you, your parents and your relatives that did that to you have been attending churches but that still happened. You see, you need accurate knowledge of God frim the Bible. Even your children. Jehovah' witnesses study with even children materials based on the Bible that teach children to avoid pedophiles or child molesters. So when I posted my above post, I wasn't exergerating on what u stand to gain.
things happen to pple church doesn't matter in jehovah witness experience such

prettymaxy: Op God bless u 4 being sincere.
Dis is a v. Serious issue in d jsociet
It also happend to sum1 I knw, d parents didn't knw until d brother got his younger sis preggy
if I dint find God I would have bin pregnant too cos I ended it b4 he reached his puberty age. Some just get stuck into it and don't care. A family frnd of mine just gave birth and d father is her cousin. Sum kids end up falling in love me I just saw it as bin nasty
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by pragmatistm(m): 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
mrsincredible: I blame myself cos I introduced him to such if not he won't say such to me

things happen to pple church doesn't matter in jehovah witness experience such

if I dint find God I would have bin pregnant too cos I ended it b4 he reached his puberty age. Some just get stuck into it and don't care. A family frnd of mine just gave birth and d father is her cousin. Sum kids end up falling in love me I just saw it as bin nasty
"

Thats the common issuea in churches of christendom. How many stories of pastors molesting kids have been related. And relatives doing same to relatives. But it is a pity that even before people actually get to know what jehovah's witnesses do and practice, they are already misinformed by mostly their pastors, friends and relatives and assume they already know what they never knew.

Jehovah' s witnesses teach both parents and their children practical values from word of God. Parents are taught regularly using Bible how to take care of their family and not sacrifice their children wellbeing for money and riches.

So @ mrsincredible, I challenge you to find out yourself what happens when you study with them. Dont based your response on religious sentiments and misinformation. Nice night.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
I am so shocked. shocked

@OP, please ensure that you stand firm in your belief in CHRIST. Look not to the left nor to the right. HE is the ONLY one that can save you & your family. Do not cast away your confidence, HE is able to do exceeding & abundantly above all that you ask of HIM.

I agree with what Byvan & Chillisauce stated earlier.

I'm so sorry that you went through all this. sad

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have learned from it.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
theLORDreigns: I am so shocked. shocked

@OP, please ensure that you stand firm in your belief in CHRIST. Look not to the left nor to the right. HE is the ONLY one that can save you & your family. Do not cast away your confidence, HE is able to do exceeding & abundantly above all that you ask of HIM.

I agree with what Byvan & Chillisauce stated earlier.

I'm so sorry that you went through all this. sad

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have learned from it.
glad to be of help. I thank God I was saved b4 I caused more embarrassment to my family.

1 Like

Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 30, 2013
A very unfortunate situation indeed. Sorry for what you have had to pass through OP.

The main problem here is not inbreeding but se*xual abuse.

How could you have been protected from what happened to you, and how could you brother have been protected from what happened to him?

First step, is to realize that it is not written on anyone's forehead that they can sexually abuse a child. Some people want to believe that their own family is the best ever. That is the first step in deluding yourself and bringing harm to your children. It cuts across income level, religion or culture. If you bury your head in the sand as a parent and assume the best and the unmentionable happens, you have yourself partly to blame.

-Talk to them. Listen to them. Let them learn to be free to approach you without fear of shame.
-Teach them about their body at an early age. Name the body parts correctly as early as they can understand it.
-Teach them no one is allowed to touch them on their privates or anything covered by underwear except to keep them clean or healthy (like during baths or at the doctor).
-Teach "good touch and bad touch". Bad touch is anything that makes you feel bad or sick to your stomach, any unwanted touch, painful touch. Good touch include hugs and kisses from parents etc.
-It is wrong for an people to ask them to keep a secret from parents, especially adults/older people.
-Teach them that adults are not always right, be it your father, mother, uncle, aunt whoever.
-Teach them how to say no in a loud voice, run away and tell you about what happened. You should even practice this. It empowers the child and it will be easier for them to call on this if the need ever arises.

*edited*

2 Likes

Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by dinachi(m): 3:58am On Dec 30, 2013
The uncle that slept with her could have been molested too! It is a vicious cycle. @ OP I think you have had enough advice here. The key is connect to your children very well. They will always confide in you. I SALUTE your courage! I am really impressed that you took the responsibility about defiling your own brother. You seem to be a great lady as most women would have been playing the victim card. Keep it up!
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 4:17am On Dec 30, 2013
dinachi: The uncle that slept with her could have been molested too! It is a vicious cycle.

Of course! Let's find a way to excuse the adult man who chose to rape a 5 yr old. It's exactly the same as the psychologically traumatized child acting out her trauma.

I'm sure this excuse will get him set free by the judge in the court of law.

1 Like

Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by dinachi(m): 5:05am On Dec 30, 2013
The uncle that slept with her was also a kid ! read the post again. He stopped when he left for Secondary school. Are Jss1 students considered as adults?
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 5:10am On Dec 30, 2013
dinachi: The uncle that slept with her was also a kid ! read the post again. He stopped when he left for Secondary school. Are Jss1 students considered as adults?

You are right! I missed that part of the story. Sorry, my bad.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 30, 2013
dinachi: The uncle that slept with her was also a kid ! read the post again. He stopped when he left for Secondary school. Are Jss1 students considered as adults?
u knw village pple don't go to schl early. he was 17yrs nd knew wat he was doing is wrong. I was 13yrs old in sss1 nd I knw wat I was doing is wrong nd I stopped.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by veave(f): 7:20am On Dec 30, 2013
@ least u were anle to stop. Some wwrent that lucky..
I always tell anyone who cares to listen... no relation will be allowed to stay overnight in my house. Be it mine or his....
sad sad
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by maclatunji: 7:30am On Dec 30, 2013
veave: @ least u were anle to stop. Some wwrent that lucky..
I always tell anyone who cares to listen... no relation will be allowed to stay overnight in my house. Be it mine or his....
sad sad

Not feasible.

1 Like

Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by dinachi(m): 7:46am On Dec 30, 2013
mrsincredible: u knw village pple don't go to schl early. he was 17yrs nd knew wat he was doing is wrong. I was 13yrs old in sss1 nd I knw wat I was doing is wrong nd I stopped.

At the beginning or when he left?

My dear please note that I totally and completely condemn and abhor what he did. I am only just saying that he too may have been molested at the village also. The whole thing can be a vicious cycle.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 30, 2013
dinachi:

At the beginning or when he left?

My dear please note that I totally and completely condemn and abhor what he did. I am only just saying that he too may have been molested at the village also. The whole thing can be a vicious cycle.
he grew up in the village so dey don't have house help. He had elder sisters. He was around 16/17 when my father brought him home so there is no excuse for wat he did cos at the age he is old enuff to know wat he is doing is wrong. I know and feel I was molested b4 the age of 5 only that at the age of 5 u can remember and know wat happens around u. I was just a child then. Cos he has reached puberty I can remember him having sex with me nd releasing me cos he always says he is urinating inside me and I can urinate inside him too if I want. Looking back I feel so cheap this has started affecting me emotions and psychological life cos I nevr enjoy sex and I always feel all wat men want is sex nd growing up I always have the habit of looking at men at their privates. I really feel disgusted about myself just imagine me counting my brother and uncle among d number of guys I have slept with
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by bellong: 9:36am On Dec 30, 2013
Op,

The first step to complete healing is voicing out which you have done. Next, is to forgive the person who wronged you. I know this part is very difficult to do but His grace is available to accomplish it. From your comment, you are still bitter about him and you still nurse silent hatred for the guy.

Find a way in your heart to forgive him completely so as to free yourself from bitterness, resentment and hatred. Your peace will know no bounds when you do this and God will restore you completely. Your part in this process is forgiveness.

If you have any opportunity to see the guy again, tell what he did to you and how you have forgiven him of his atrocities. Let him understand that he needs help if he is yet to be free from his promiscuity.

About your brother, apologize to him for exposing him early to it and try to find ways to reach out to him in listening to your advices. If possible, get real life example to back up your advice on how his path will lead to destruction if he doesn't desist now. Above all, keep praying for him. I pray that the transformation power of God visit him.

Finally, you need to forgive yourself and do not let your past destroy the beautiful and glorious future ahead of you. Begin to see men and people generally according to the content of their character and not based on the painful past experience. Start to see relationship as a gift to be enjoyed and not for sexual pleasure. Be renewed in your mind and may God help you through.

I wish you well in all you do.

1 Like

Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by apoti(m): 9:49am On Dec 30, 2013
Chillisauce: For the girls, make sure you bathe them yourself, after three yrs, teach her to wash her private part herself. NO ONE should touch her or wash her there, even you!

I couldn't have said it any better. Teach your kids especially the girls that the private part is strictly private. NOBODY is allowed to touch it and they should report any attempt made by anyone to do so.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by maclatunji: 10:05am On Dec 30, 2013
mrsincredible: he grew up in the village so dey don't have house help. He had elder sisters. He was around 16/17 when my father brought him home so there is no excuse for wat he did cos at the age he is old enuff to know wat he is doing is wrong. I know and feel I was molested b4 the age of 5 only that at the age of 5 u can remember and know wat happens around u. I was just a child then. Cos he has reached puberty I can remember him having sex with me nd releasing me cos he always says he is urinating inside me and I can urinate inside him too if I want. Looking back I feel so cheap this has started affecting me emotions and psychological life cos I nevr enjoy sex and I always feel all wat men want is sex nd growing up I always have the habit of looking at men at their privates. I really feel disgusted about myself just imagine me counting my brother and uncle among d number of guys I have slept with

Awwwww...you need to let it go and look forward. Like I said earlier, this thread is part of your healing process. Focus on other areas of life and take your mind of sex for now. You can also take time to meet a competent psychologist to help you deal with this trauma.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 30, 2013
i have forgiven him.. but he doesnt wamt to admit his wrong doings plus i have spoken to my brother not every1 has the strength to change like i did but i just want my children to suffer the same date like me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Save Me 4rm My Uncle's Wife / A Married Woman Wants Me To Make Love To Her (our Chat Attached) / To Whom Does The Child Belong To In Nigeria? The Father Or The Mother Or Both?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.