Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

How To Control Incest In The Family? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Control Incest In The Family? (5560 Views)

Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest / HORROR: Incest 'cult' Started By A Brother & Sister Who Had Sex With Each Other! / If Homosexuality Is Okay What Is Wrong With Bestiality, Incest, Adultery Etc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by MMotimo: 11:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
OP

You really do need to see a psychologist. This is a lot of emotional weight and I think professional help would go a long way
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by msogey(f): 12:16am On Jan 02, 2014
I can totally relate to this, i wish i could tell my story too but I'm not as brave as you Mrsincredible. Tears have refused to stop rolling down my eyes as i read this. So many things i wish i had the courage to say but would rather keep bottled up for fear of being condemned in the later future. Some days i hate my mum dearly for not being there, always so frigging busy.
I am in my early 20's now and I have a kid sister, 10years my junior. I don't know how to protect her from such abuse. I don't know if I should leave it to my mum since she's no more a workaholic like before. I would kill myself if anything of such nature ever happens to her.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 02, 2014
ms_ogey: I can totally relate to this, i wish i could tell my story too but I'm not as brave as you Mrsincredible. Tears have refused to stop rolling down my eyes as i read this. So many things i wish i had the courage to say but would rather keep bottled up for fear of being condemned in the later future. Some days i hate my mum dearly for not being there, always so frigging busy.
I am in my early 20's now and I have a kid sister, 10years my junior. I don't know how to protect her from such abuse. I don't know if I should leave it to my mum since she's no more a workaholic like before. I would kill myself if anything of such nature ever happens to her.

So sorry for your trauma. I pray you can find peace and healing.

If I were to read between the lines, I would say the perpetrator might unfortunately be your father. I may be wrong and hopefully I am, but whatever the case, it sounds like the person is around your sister. Please it is your moral duty to protect her. Personally, I would say you should tell both your mother and sister what happened so they can protect her. At the minimum teach her the tips you've seen on this thread and let her know she can talk to you anytime she has any concerns. Please act fast for her sake. May God help you.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by soulglo: 4:51am On Jan 02, 2014
@ OP this happened because your parents were careless. It seems they just were never there. I slept on the same bed as my brother and nothing happened. I can still sleep on the same bed with him today and nothing can ever happen. I am telling you this so you can understand that maybe even your brother was also a victim of sexual assault too as a child. When children are exposed to sex they can do all sorts of crazy things with that knowledge simply because they are not yet mature enough to handle that sort of responsibility. You have not done anything wrong and your children will never do anything like this if you protect them. No relative should ever have access to your children's bedrooms and teach your children from a very early age that "these are your private parts" and no one is allowed to touch them there. Tell them that if anyone does they should not be afraid to tell you. This goes a along way. You will be fine. You do not need to separate your kids from each other. For your peace of mind you could just have a boy's room and a girl's room. It does not mean that you should faint if you see your son come out of his sisters room. Don't let your paranoia give your children insecurities.

1 Like

Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by AdoraAmadi: 7:38am On Jan 02, 2014
Mrsincredible dear, I sent your story to Laila's Blog just as you permitted me and here's her readers' advice for you - http://www.lailasblog.com/2014/01/nigerian-lady-shares-her-true-life.html
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 02, 2014
ms_ogey: I can totally relate to this, i wish i could tell my story too but I'm not as brave as you Mrsincredible. Tears have refused to stop rolling down my eyes as i read this. So many things i wish i had the courage to say but would rather keep bottled up for fear of being condemned in the later future. Some days i hate my mum dearly for not being there, always so frigging busy.
it is a faceless forum and no1 knows u. Telling your story is a big step to recovery unless if some pple here know you. I have protected my cousins from my uncle wen they visit I don't allow them go into his room when he is around forget about your mum if you don't help ur sister the blame will be on you Take care of your baby sister
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 02, 2014

embarassed embarassed. Vey sad indeed, but you have to try and move on and never let same happen to your sister or someone you hold very dear.
I wish I know where you can get help, like a counsellor, but i don't, all I can say is remain strong dear.
As per the person responsible, up to you if you want to open up and let the world know about him.
You alone can determine whether you are strong enough for that.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by MrMac10(m): 9:30am On Jan 02, 2014
Hey oo sorry but sleep in with your bro man I can't conceive it all the best towards recovery
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
but i feel relatives molest kids more than house helps

1 Like

Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by benedicta0(f): 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2014
Mrsincredible is right, relatives molest more than househelps they like to try their skills on people they are familiar with than outsiders. The few cases of inbreeding that i have seen was when; i went to my familyfriends house to spend the weekened. My friends sister and her cousin were both in the palour watching a movie,her sister then slept off, her cousin started touching her in her private region and even made attempt to pull down her pant, she immediately woke up,their argument woke the rest of the households up and she narrated the story.The cousin denied it of course but with her explanation we knew he was lying.The next day her dad told the cousin to go back to where he came from.

1 Like

Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by benedicta0(f): 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2014
The other cases of inbreeding was when i was young, my neigbour had two newphew that was staying with her, the elder one was trying to perform a Mouth Gig on the younger one shocked Both of them were taking their bath at that time,the younger child just started shouting, that his brother was licking his peepee,the mother heard and went to the bathroom immediately, in Short, the child did not hesitate to tell anybody that listened what his brother did to him.The elder one confessed that, he saw it in a movie .

Advise to parents always listen to your kids ,be watchful
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by drnoel: 4:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
mrsincredible: I already stated it there.

But to me I feel bringing uncivilized pple from d village is bad cos all they think abt is sex. I don't really blame my parents for not bin around but I blame them for not asking about my life. For example as a parent wen you come bck from work I knw u r very tired but always talk to ur children it helps a lot. Dis affect my relationship now cos all I feel men want is sex.
Wat u say is true. I know a family of 11 where all their boys (7) were all seduced by their house girls when they were children and all of them are now not faithful in their marriages.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
benedicta0: Mrsincredible is right, relatives molest more than househelps they like to try their skills on people they are familiar with than outsiders. The few cases of inbreeding that i have seen was when; i went to my familyfriends house to spend the weekened. My friends sister and her cousin were both in the palour watching a movie,her sister then slept off, her cousin started touching her in her private region and even made attempt to pull down her pant, she immediately woke up,their argument woke the rest of the households up and she narrated the story.The cousin denied it of course but with her explanation we knew he was lying.The next day her dad told the cousin to go back to where he came from.
true and its the innocent 1ce that commit this crimes so no1 can believe the person they molest
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
drnoel:
Wat u say is true. I know a family of 11 where all their boys (7) were all seduced by their house girls when they were children and all of them are now not faithful in their marriages.
this thing has a very big psychological effect that pple feel its just a minor case. I find it very difficult trusting men
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
benedicta0: The other cases of inbreeding was when i was young, my neigbour had two newphew that was staying with her, the elder one was trying to perform a Mouth Gig on the younger one shocked Both of them were taking their bath at that time,the younger child just started shouting, that his brother was licking his peepee,the mother heard and went to the bathroom immediately, in Short, the child did not hesitate to tell anybody that listened what his brother did to him.The elder one confessed that, he saw it in a movie .

Advise to parents always listen to your kids ,be watchful
wow. He must have watched a gay movie
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by tintingz(m): 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2014
OP I don't know if you copied this story from a blog or they copied your story but I saw this same story in this blog below

http://tiwasblog.com/2014/01/nigerian-lady-tells-how-she-had-sex-several-times-with-her-brother-uncle.html

Sorry, am not trying to create any offensive act just wanna confirm.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
heard of one where the daughter fell in,and the mum had to quickly rush out to get medication which her family doctor asked her to use .
Mum comes back in a short time and finds security guard molesting the child.
It became a case of police station and hospital cos her daughter was unconscious

mrsincredible
i really feel you and others need professional help so that it doesn't affect your own families
as u've seen in ur own case abused people also abuse others

when someone molests u its like they've stolen/broken something
i'll try to look for counsellors that treat such and pm you.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
tintingz: OP I don't know if you copied this story from a blog or they copied your story but I saw this same story in this blog below

http://tiwasblog.com/2014/01/nigerian-lady-tells-how-she-had-sex-several-times-with-her-brother-uncle.html

someone asked her to copy her story to one blog and typical blogsphere anything sensational dem go all copy mtscheew
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by tintingz(m): 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2014
salsera:
someone asked her to copy her story to one blog and typical blogsphere anything sensational dem go all copy mtscheew
That's how this bloggers behave finding ways to create traffic.
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 02, 2014
tintingz: OP I don't know if you copied this story from a blog or they copied your story but I saw this same story in this blog below

no dear. Som1 copied my story check on dis page u will see where the person asked
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by tintingz(m): 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
mrsincredible: no dear. Som1 copied my story check on dis page u will see where the person asked
Ok confirmed, have seen the post. My bad sorry. smiley
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
Nigerian bloggers.

Don't worry y'all will get there
Re: How To Control Incest In The Family? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
tintingz: Ok confirmed, have seen the post. My bad sorry. smiley
no p. U just asked a question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TV01, Meet Me Here To Discuss Marriage. / Help I Can't Believe This Is The Kind Of Man I Married. / My Daughter's First Menses!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.