Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,455 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Fifa Singles Out Mba’s Afcon Winner - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Singles Out Mba’s Afcon Winner (760 Views)

Fifa Admits Bronze Boot Error, Chukwueze Not Nwakali Winner / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Sunday Mba Seeks Dream Europe Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Singles Out Mba’s Afcon Winner by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
The world football governing body has included the midfielder's goal as one of the 13 moments that
defined 2013

Sunday Mba’s lone strike
against the Stallions of
Burkina Faso in the 2013
Africa Cup of Nations final has been picked by Fifa as
one of the 13 breathtaking and unforgettable moments
over the course of 2013.
The world football governing body on their website
rated the goal as one of the unforgettable and
memorable moments of 2013.
“It was a goal worthy of winning any match,
and Sunday Mba’s CAF Africa Cup of Nations-winning
strike brought joy and relief to an entire nation,” wrote Fifa.com .
“Nigeria had not won a major trophy in 17 years going into the continental showpiece, but despite the best efforts of debutant finalists Burkina Faso, Mba's precise volley – after flicking the ball over his
opponent’s head – proved sufficient to secure the
African crown.”
Sunday Mba’s goal ended Nigeria’s 19-year wait for
the continental trophy since they last won it at the
1994 edition staged in Tunisia.

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4511223

In all what was your best sporting moment in 2013
Re: Fifa Singles Out Mba’s Afcon Winner by Tolexander: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
It really worths being on the list.
Re: Fifa Singles Out Mba’s Afcon Winner by 3coins(m): 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
wow niceeeee....hapi 4 him
Re: Fifa Singles Out Mba’s Afcon Winner by homesteady(m): 4:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
Cool! But I prefer his goal against Ivory Coast! That goal is just so special! There is this joy in my mind when I think of that goal grin
Re: Fifa Singles Out Mba’s Afcon Winner by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
I still prefer this one. Those defenders and the keeper were really left in an helpless positions
Re: Fifa Singles Out Mba’s Afcon Winner by AbuMikey(m): 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2013

Well, I still prefer the goal he scored against Cote d'voir

Re: Fifa Singles Out Mba’s Afcon Winner by luvinhubby(m): 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2013
homesteady: Cool! But I prefer his goal against Ivory Coast! That goal is just so special! There is this joy in my mind when I think of that goal grin
Abi oo, the feeling of vanquishing a football(2004 & 2008 AFCON) `bully` made that goal sweetest. grin
Re: Fifa Singles Out Mba’s Afcon Winner by habbyy03: 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
ok...this wil make front page
Re: Fifa Singles Out Mba’s Afcon Winner by safarigirl(f): 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
luvinhubby:
Abi oo, the feeling of vanquishing a football(2004 & 2008 AFCON) `bully` made that goal sweetest. grin
no be small thing, every other African was happy when CIV were kicked out, those guys are like public eney #1 in Africa. When we were done, it was almost like we were superheroes vanquishing some villain....that was epic
Re: Fifa Singles Out Mba’s Afcon Winner by Ejovwoke(m): 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
The technique of that goal was awesome.
Re: Fifa Singles Out Mba’s Afcon Winner by nickz(m): 11:47am On Dec 31, 2013
I pray he scores more of that in france smiley
Re: Fifa Singles Out Mba’s Afcon Winner by striker9(m): 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
Impressive

(1) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama Listed As Nigeria's Minister Of Defense On Wikipedia Hehe / which will reach the world cup final, Germany,Brazil or Nerderland?? / Fifa Suspends Nigeria For Government Interference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.