Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Inconsistences With The Creation Story? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inconsistences With The Creation Story? (685 Views)

The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? / Reyginus Explain The Genesis Creation Story As You Requested For. / Why Is The Genesis Creation Story Right And Other Creation Stories Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inconsistences With The Creation Story? by Lucario007(m): 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
To all the highly religious people in the house, I have a question which has been mind boggling me. I was asked by a friend to stand in for a sunday school lesson and did so thinking that it would be good to teach the young ones about faith and turn them from thier sin, however my lesson turned out to be with a class of teenagers who didnt give much attention to what i had to say. However a question was asked to me.

If Adam was the first man, and Eve the first woman, then how did so many skin and facial structures come to be?? Are we saying that Adam and Eve were both Black, white, Caucasian, Asian, Egyptian, Hebrew, African and the likes?? Or that Eve alone gave birth to the hundreds of different cultures or race today??

Not knowing how to answer, i dodged the question, however it still lingers in my mind. (I'm not even going to go into the one of the boy that asked me whether or not God created dinosaurs).

So please an answer from a serious minded fellow would be much appreciated.
Re: Inconsistences With The Creation Story? by libero00: 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
smileywaiting forthe deluded christians to answer the question grin
These inconsistencies only prove the non-existence of the invisble bully in the sky.
Re: Inconsistences With The Creation Story? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
Simple answer: the creation story in the Bible is a lie.

Spiritual answer: it's all an allegory with deep spiritual truths. The story shouldn't be taken literally.

Pick one.
Re: Inconsistences With The Creation Story? by raptureready: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
Variation is as a result of natural adaption to environmental factors.

For example, we Africans and other people who live along the tropics have a higher concentration of the skin pigment "melanin" because it helps block ultraviolet radiation from the sun, because we receive a greater amount of sunlight. This makes us dark skinned.

Adam and Eve may have been any color, but as their descendants spread across the globe, they adapted differently to their different environments, producing the different variants of races we see today.
Re: Inconsistences With The Creation Story? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
rapture_ready: Variation is as a result of natural adaption to environmental factors.
For example, we Africans and other people who live along the tropics have a higher concentration of the skin pigment "melanin" because it helps block ultraviolet radiation from the sun, because we receive a greater amount of sunlight. This makes us dark skinned.
Adam and Eve may have been any color, but as their descendants spread across the globe, they adapted differently to their different environments, producing the different variants of races we see today.

Of course, we have the tower of babel to thank for that.
Re: Inconsistences With The Creation Story? by Lucario007(m): 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
rapture_ready: Variation is as a result of natural adaption to environmental factors.

this is true but isn't adaptation a part of the evolution theory? and isn't evolution supposed to be the theory of Charles Darwin? Of how the human evolves due to environmental factors and change in time? Please no insults, but correct me if I'm wrong, to assume that the human body evolved due to varying factors is to follow darwinism, which absolutely disproves the story of Adam and Eve.
Re: Inconsistences With The Creation Story? by libero00: 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2013

Aha! Christian! The delusion continues!
Re: Inconsistences With The Creation Story? by noblefada: 10:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Lucario007:

this is true but isn't adaptation a part of the evolution theory? and isn't evolution supposed to be the theory of Charles Darwin? Of how the human evolves due to environmental factors and change in time? Please no insults, but correct me if I'm wrong, to assume that the human body evolved due to varying factors is to follow darwinism, which absolutely disproves the story of Adam and Eve.
Don't try to be funny, adaption happened a long time before Darwin observed and documented it, Darwin did not create adaption. And for those with basic knowledge of genetics know that acquired traits can be transferred.
@op, Adam & Eve were created perfect physically until sin corrupted them and everyone from then on came with a corrupted body.
Re: Inconsistences With The Creation Story? by raptureready: 10:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
Lucario007:

I would say no.

Adaptation: Species grow stronger and more suited to their environment. eg. human species produce more melanin in skin to reduce effect of excessive sunlight

Evolution: Specie changes completely into another different specie. all human specie fundamentally and irreversibly change

They are different things.

Adaptation is a scientific fact. Evolution is still just a theory.
Re: Inconsistences With The Creation Story? by Lucario007(m): 10:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
noblefada:
Don't try to be funny, adaption happened a long time before Darwin observed and documented it, Darwin did not create adaption. And for those with basic knowledge of genetics know that acquired traits can be transferred.
@op, Adam & Eve were created perfect physically until sin corrupted them and everyone from then on came with a corrupted body.
rapture_ready:
I would say no.
Adaptation: Species grow stronger and more suited to their environment. eg. human species produce more melanin in skin to reduce effect of excessive sunlight
Evolution: Specie changes completely into another different specie. all human specie fundamentally and irreversibly change
rapture_ready:
I would say no.

hmm.... I'm convinced cause I cannot see a flaw in any of your logic. Thank you for your answers. If possible, can you explain to me how Dinosaurs are proven to exist when the Bible has no record of them whatsoever? I would greatly appreciate it.
Re: Inconsistences With The Creation Story? by frank317: 10:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
aManFromMars: Simple answer: the creation story in the Bible is a lie.

Spiritual answer: it's all an allegory with deep spiritual truths. The story shouldn't be taken literally.

Pick one.

D mistake u made was to assume that spiritual answer is one. UsuaLly d holy spirit has d habit of interpreting different things to different people on a particalar issue.
Re: Inconsistences With The Creation Story? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hehehe. The power of the mind to see what it wishes to see. grin

2 Likes

Re: Inconsistences With The Creation Story? by libero00: 11:55am On Dec 31, 2013
@ brainwashed biased xtians please answer the dinosuar question by the op
@amanfrommars
Subjectivity is what religion thrives on, let every1 be objective for once and will see how religion will thrive.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Ask God To #bringbackourgirls / 7 Best Christian Quotes / The Greatest But Yes Simplest Question Ever Asked In World History.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.