Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,080 members, 7,957,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:10 AM

Islam In Uganda (pics) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam In Uganda (pics) (700 Views)

136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia / US Christian-Jewish Actor, Director Sean Stone Embraces Islam In Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam In Uganda (pics) by Emessy(m): 2:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
Looking at my watch it was already 6:30pm ,just twenty five minutes to maghrib prayer , I stopped a boda-boda man(okada) and asked him to take me to soya stage , we agreed on a fine of 2000ugx and I hopped on . Reaching soya I gave him 5000ugx and he handed me 4000ugx as change ,I understood he was confused so I returned 1000ugx to him ,he smiled and asked if I am a Muslim and I repeated yes then he said he is a catholic and vroomed off, I stood there for a while thinking of what he said and feeling good about the impression Muslims have here. The non-Muslims here have a completely different view on Islam , you see a Muslim and a christian eating together ,playing together , so many women dressed in complete hi jab without being harassed or , non-Muslims tell you Assalamu Alaikum , Jumaat Kareem ,Ramadan Kareem when they notice you are a Muslim , Alcohol drinkers tend to apologize when they drink near you (smell) , butchers slaughter according to sharia and no religious conflicts of any kind. I remember when my country was like this , I remember when religion was a personal choice in Nigeria like choosing what to eat and what to wear , I remember attending bible classes listening to bible stories with my christian friends as a child , Just one day Muslims and Christians are living happily and the next day Boko haram has been created and these same Christians label all Muslims as terrorists , why so gullible when they can easily take their mind back to any random date like 5/05/1998 or 12/08/2004 or any other date before the arrival of boko haram and remember how they lived with their Muslim neighbors back then , and why is Kampala like this? Is it because they don’t have oil ,diamond or any ‘deadly’ mineral resources or just because they are not sen as threat to the ‘giants’ of the world? What will happen to this love when a bomb goes off in a church or a mosque? Will they remember their past?

Re: Islam In Uganda (pics) by ayukdaboss(m): 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
Give Uganda a forum like this (UgandaLand) and watch as the hate between both religions growwwwwwww cheesy
Re: Islam In Uganda (pics) by thegoodone2(m): 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
how i wish nigeria can be like that. Nigeria problem start from 1914
Re: Islam In Uganda (pics) by IbrahimMav: 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2014
Islam is a way of life. the only true way.

(1) (Reply)

Kind Muslim Elder And Family Accommodates Member Of Christ Embassy In Lagos / 126 Historical Texts Prove That Jesus Christ Never Existed / Have Compassion On Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.